whitesnake hammersmith/Bernie Marsden

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Ray The Tongue
Alive II (1977)

whitesnake hammersmith/Bernie Marsden

Post by Ray The Tongue »

An enjoyable night of fun with Whitesnake which was made more special by Bernie Marsden guesting for Here i Go Again and Still of the Night, and David giving him credit for his role in the band.
Some of the new songs like forevermore and Love will se you free fitted in well but so few songs pre 87 was a mistake. 20 minutes of guitar and drum solo's was way to much for my liking and lost the momentum as well :?
David is 59 and does what he can with his voice,he can sreech like a banshee still but his lower register is pretty shakey, but like Paul Stanley we know and accept this.
The sound was a wall of noise and Davids voice was lost in the mix of backing vocals,though i feel this is to hide the imperfections in his voice,Kiss kind of do this with Paul i have noticed almost put him at a level just above the rest compared to the glory years of 80-88 when Paul soared above the band vocally.
http://www.facebook.com/raymond.paul.bionic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Roger H
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Re: whitesnake hammersmith/Bernie Marsden

Post by Roger H »

I thought those solos would never end !! :shock:
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

I can just picture you both sitting in your box bickering throughout the solo's
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ray The Tongue
Alive II (1977)

Post by Ray The Tongue »

Father Jack wrote:I can just picture you both sitting in your box bickering throughout the solo's
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love it haha :lol:
http://www.facebook.com/raymond.paul.bionic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

So its true then :lol:
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Post by nicksmithworld »

Whitesnake -Civic hall Wolverhampton- Oh dear God...fuckin' awful- worst sound I have ever heard in there...I have farted louder through a sock full of old porridge (yes I know I need to get out more). It was so quiet I could hear people's conversations louder than the PA.It seems they did the opposite to the London gig..

the guitar solos went on for 3 days...then the drum solo a day and a half- I lost the will to live- I thought a new ice age was about to begin..Doc Brown Nudged me to get in the DeLorean

Coverdale kept telling tedious annecdotes you couldn't hear properly he said" a guy's just flashed me, that's a first, it's not a pet shops boys show!" he said this 7 years ago when he was LAST here..is he going senile? (A better and more up to date punchline would have been 'not a sissor sisters show)

then they kept doing bit of songs, Coverdale started singing 'slide it in', the band joined in and then they did about 2/3rds of it! Why??!!Either play the friggin' song or don't play it. one or the other..All the pissing about killed the momentum

my ticket said 'Whitesnake' not the 'bloke from winger goes widdley-widdley-weeeeeeeeeeeeee! for half of my life'..

The other bloke must pull out a picture of Randy rhoads when he goes for a haircut or clothes shopping and point at it..

Bring back Marsden/moody and do it properly.

never paying to see whitesnake again
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
Guitar Guru
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Post by Guitar Guru »

Mondays gig was very so-so - the first half hour was pretty good and you could feel the pace flag a little

The worst bit was the fricking guitar solos and then a drum solo
25 wasted minutes of utter rubbish - it's like they had been taking solo lessons from Vinnie Vincent

25 minutes lost from a show that is only an hour and a half with so few songs played from anything pre 1987 is criminal

I would have been happier if the two guitarists (both of whom are very able and talented musicians) actaully played something musical rather than the old see how fast I can play , my willy is bigger than your willy, type stuff that you see idiots playing at any guitar show.

Whitesnake are supposed to have a blues background - maybe they could have played some blues
Maybe they could have woven a few riffs and melodies from songs not on the setlist into what they played so that the audience could go - "Ah I know that one!"

I know it was to give Coverdales voice a break, but he should be ashamed that he didn't get them to do something tasteful.

After all the solos the show resumed but something was lost in terms of momentum
There were a few good tunes but others were massacred
Fool for your loving was out of tune and the timing was all over the place.

It was indeed nice to see Bernie Marsden, but sadly I didn't feel you could really hear him very well

And for fu*ks sake - Reb Beech needs to learn some new facial expressions - looked like he had crapped his pants from the way he was gurning all the time.
http://www.felineguitars.com
Pro-spec, no compromise guitars , hand crafted in the UK
Past customers include Dressed To Kill, Parasite and Hard Rock Cafe
Pete

Post by Pete »

Sounds like the same issue is the elongated solo's that totally suck the life outta the show...

Shame really as apart from those I enjoyed the show.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Post by RippingFleshFromBone »

Like everyone else has said, yep, those solo's... :roll:

25 mins of guitar and drums solo's...FFS. I thought those days were long gone? They could easily have done another 5 songs in that time and, again as others have said, he could have done a bit more from the past.

Whitesnake of today are Whitesnake in name only. DC totally sold out, literally, back in the 80's to crack America. And, to his credit, it worked! He got the success he craved in the USA. But it meant he lost the soul of the band and Whitesnake became another generic rock band.

The show was good, other than the solo's!, but Bernie Marsden, Mickey Moody & Mel Galley were guitarists with style and class not just widdly, widdly players with no soul. I miss Whitesnake of old.

Tho 'Forevermore' was brilliant live!
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »