Ryan Dunn

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
skinnymartin

Ryan Dunn

Post by skinnymartin »

Very sad news about Ryan Dunn. Yes, I know he was an idiot for drink driving and it is always unjustifiable - but it's still sad.

Seeing Bam Marghera's reaction at the crash scene was awful - but also the Fox news reports that people are stealing from the crash site in order to sell stuff on ebay is just sick.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Frehley75

Re: Ryan Dunn

Post by Frehley75 »

skinnymartin wrote:Very sad news about Ryan Dunn. Yes, I know he was an idiot for drink driving and it is always unjustifiable - but it's still sad.

Seeing Bam Marghera's reaction at the crash scene was awful - but also the Fox news reports that people are stealing from the crash site in order to sell stuff on ebay is just sick.
Never heard of the c**t and having googled him my sympathy is roughly the square root of fu*k all.
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
Kev

Post by Kev »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/13885743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TWICE THE LEGAL LIMIT, 140MPH, PASSENGER KILLED.Fk off m8.
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
hywelkidd
Alive! (1975)

Post by hywelkidd »

I was wondering how long it would be before one of them did something stupid and ended up killing themselves :cry:

No sympathy at all for him but it is still sad. He was one of my favourites from Jackass.
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

No freakin' sympathy.

Martin - your comment about Ebay scrounging memorabilia salvages .... this is the time we live in - Celebrity Sells (in death or in life).
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

No sympathy....
tw@T in life...tw@T in death....and killed another while he was at it. That's called murder....
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
Pete

Post by Pete »

dtkdemongene wrote:No sympathy....
tw@T in life...tw@T in death....and killed another while he was at it. That's called murder....
Only he can't be tried for it...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Post by frontier(s) »

I'm NOT defending the guy, and I appreciate why people have the views they do about drink-driving, but in my experience of the States, their attitudes to drink-driving are fairly similar to UK attitudes in the 70s. It's just not been subject to the level of government demonisation that it has here and people just don't see it in the same way.

Not saying that's a good situation, just pointing out that with the UK mindset about drink driving it's almost impossible to view the subject in the same way a huge amount of Americans do.
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Neither of them deserved to die.

Love or loath it, Jackass was a genius idea and they deserve their bit of fame.

RIP
Pete

Post by Pete »

frontier(s) wrote:I'm NOT defending the guy, and I appreciate why people have the views they do about drink-driving, but in my experience of the States, their attitudes to drink-driving are fairly similar to UK attitudes in the 70s. It's just not been subject to the level of government demonisation that it has here and people just don't see it in the same way.
Totally agree with you there.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

AxeBass wrote:Neither of them deserved to die.
Half right, one did, one didn't.

That's "Genius" in the way used by Fearne Cotton and the like I presume. In other words "I like it".

AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Frehley75 wrote: "I like it".
I like Dirty Sanchez but the original idea is genius.

You're half right too, one didn't and the other one didn't so we must be nearly in agreement.
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Very sad for both families involved :( No he shouldn't have drove while under the influence,& The passenger Knew he had been drinking, so should never have gotten into the vehicle.
Just lucky No more were involved .
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

AxeBass wrote:
Frehley75 wrote: "I like it".
I like Dirty Sanchez but the original idea is genius.

You're half right too, one didn't and the other one didn't so we must be nearly in agreement.
Hmmm... :wink:

kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Post by kingjames1970 »

He did something very stupid but nobody 'deserves' to die (apart from maybe war criminals and child molesters).

If your brother or best mate drove drunk you'd kick them in the nuts for being so incredibly reckless but would you want them to die to prove your point? His passenger must have known he was getting in a car with somebody who was pissed so was equally culpable in my opinion. If they had mown down some kids, would the passenger just have said it was "nothing to do with me?"

So they were both equally stupid and thoughtless but as we all know drink can make us unaware of the risks we are taking and obviously seriously clouds our judgement. No excuses are valid but it's still very sad that two young men were killed no-matter what caused it. And to suggest he deserved it is pretty heartless.