Chris Holmes is coming to Grimsby!

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Gojira1975
Gene Simmons (1978)

Re: Chris Holmes is coming to Grimsby!

Post by Gojira1975 »

PyroMessiah86 wrote:
w00dy wrote:Where Angels Suffer are fookin great......shame Randy Piper left though :(
Is a shame....defo wont be back though. Fired for the same reason he was chucked outta W.A.S.P.
Which was for what reason?
DEATH TO FALSE METAL
by*agrmt
Alive II (1977)

Post by by*agrmt »

/
Last edited by by*agrmt on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

Gojira1975 wrote:
PyroMessiah86 wrote:
w00dy wrote:Where Angels Suffer are fookin great......shame Randy Piper left though :(
Is a shame....defo wont be back though. Fired for the same reason he was chucked outta W.A.S.P.
Which was for what reason?
For not being Blackie Lawless :D
ImageImageImageImage
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

What the hell are you doing up at 5am Stu ? Did you shit the bed ?
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

Father Jack wrote:What the hell are you doing up at 5am Stu ? Did you shit the bed ?
How dare you! Oh hang on, do you mean today? :D
ImageImageImageImage
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

AxeBass wrote:Do you know if he is playing any other uk shows?
Also The Diamond, 31st August.
But they've advertised the gig as being with Randy Piper..............uh oh, their not going to be happy bunnies with that one :lol:
Shows how much research people DONT do lol :roll:
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

I'll check them out in Camden. I dont expect to see many there but it will be interesting to see what sort of a show they can put on. Looking forward to it.
Ray The Tongue
Alive II (1977)

Post by Ray The Tongue »

Let's hope his shows not on tape like his wasp days!!
http://www.facebook.com/raymond.paul.bionic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

I dont know what to take for him to sign, and i hate asking "famous" people for photos or autographs because i feel like im bothering them, and i normally just watch everyone else getting things signed, and wishing i was brave enough to approach people, wah! :oops:
I cant take the piss and say "Oi luv, sign the back of my jacket please, its got a huge picture of your best friend Blackie Lawless on the back" because he would probably knock me out :lol: and iv sold all my W.a.s.p tour programmes, iv got a few albums left, but the best thing i could take is a japanese copy of fu*k Like A Beast, but then, will he get pissed off with people shoving W.a.s.p merchandise in his face when he's not a part of the band anymore ??
Oh i hate famous people, because i dont know how they will react, he might just tell me to fu*k off, and then i will cry, or he might be nice and pleasant and sign it and stick around for a chat, and then i will go all shy, and shove my flat foot in it and just talk about W.a.s.p and piss him off lol :roll: :oops:

Help please ! lol
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

MrsFatherJack wrote:Help please ! lol
A Mean Man 12" or picture disc has to be the common ground between your worrying and the WASP chip on his shoulder :D
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

AxeBass wrote:
MrsFatherJack wrote:Help please ! lol
A Mean Man 12" or picture disc has to be the common ground between your worrying and the WASP chip on his shoulder :D

Good idea.......dont think i have one though lol doh !
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

Ray The Tongue wrote:Let's hope his shows not on tape like his wasp days!!
:roll:

Back this this again? There are about a billion bands out there that use some form of vocal enhancements live (some choruses etc). Chris Holmes performances were never 'on tape' I have about a million W.A.S.P. bootlegs to prove it.
Hell check out the warts and all live stream 'The Sting' he'd lost it totally at that point and his playing was horrible, hense why he didn't last too much longer. He couldn't cut it at that point and more than likely wouldn't be able to put on a consistant show for the long tours W.A.S.P. have done since then. Is cool to see he has improved and is back on track in recent times. 8)

Bon Jovi, Motley Crue and a tonne of other bands use vocal enhancements live. If you think W.A.S.P.'s whole show is on tape now...you have no clue what you are talking about. I've seen the occasional live fu*k up out of 15 shows....missed cues, Blackie screwing up lyrics occasionally, Blackie giving the evils to other band members when they screw up etc :lol: I'm not really sure what peoples issue is with W.A.S.P. and claiming they use more enhancements then they actually do. I've seen a soundcheck and heard exactly what they use and it's minimal. (Occasional chorus enhancements (see 'Crazy'), the long intro scream to 'Hellion' (which Blackie doesnt even stand at the mic for or try to hide it's an effect), story pieces on The Crimson Idol tour etc).

The only conclusion I have why people always bring this up is the fact that W.A.S.P. are still a kick ass live band after all this time and it shocks people because they don't expect it. Most still can't accept the fact that they are not just the band that wrote Animal (**** like a beast) either. They wipe the floor with the majority of the LA scene bands with ease in 2011 and will do beyond that. Performance wise the band and vocally Blackie Lawless is leagues beyond some of the bigger bands from that era. They tour year after year and still release quality albums with quality songwriting.

Wonder why the latest big tour of Motley Crue, Poison and New York Dolls does not include W.A.S.P.?? W.A.S.P. would embarrass those bands these days as a live act. Simply put.
They totally stole the show at Hard Rock Hell in 2009 aswell, with the largest crowd of the whole weekend. (and they were 2nd on the bill to Queensryche....who played to half the people when they left in droves as they just couldn't compete and the setlist was awful.) The band has been working their ass off on recording and touring for the past few years and finally they are back in the position where they can headline a UK festival with Bloodstock.

Been a long time coming...
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

Back to Where Angels Suffer....There are 3 dates on the Where Angels Suffer UK tour with a chance of a return trip (so I heard...depending on how this lot go)

30th August - The Underworld, Camden Town, London - http://www.theunderworldcamden.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
31st August - The Diamond, Sutton-In-Ashfield - http://www.thediamonduk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1st September - Yardbirds Club, Grimsby - http://www.myspace.com/yardbirdsrockclub" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

My W.A.S.P soundcheck experience was telling the doorman a big fat lie, that i was desperate to use the toilet, and then i just crept around the venue, walked into Doug Blair and Mike Duda, who put on their "Look at me im a rock star" strut on, but i just walked straight past, and they looked like they were going to cry haha :D and then i found them all again, soundchecking, but being so small they didnt see me, as i stood on tiptoe to look through the window haha :lol: (i guess being small does have its advantages when your stalking bands lol)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

MrsFatherJack wrote: will he get pissed off with people shoving W.a.s.p merchandise in his face when he's not a part of the band anymore ??
lol
It was THAT very band that made him famous in the first place.
If he can't handle that fact then he's a c**t and deserves to rot in his own shit.