How Collectible are obscure NWOBHM albums

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

How Collectible are obscure NWOBHM albums

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Picked up what looked like a dodgy old NWOBHM album from a band called Warrior on Saturday from a charity shop for 75p, thought worth a punt, came back home looked it up and bloody hell............it's at £63 after one day on Ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0476827173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Un feckin believable.....
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Re: How Collectible are obscure NWOBHM albums

Post by Father Jack »

Theres an Axe Attack or Metal For Muthas album with a very rare Iron Maiden version of Wrathchild (I think its that track) which was recorded long before Killers.
Its the album with two Maiden tracks on whilst every other band only has one tracks.
Thats as rare as rocking horse shit, but we all had the vinyl in 1980, lol.
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Couldn't believe it tbh.

I always keep my eyes peeled for vinyl in charity shops but it's usually just tatt and then if they do have something interesting it's usually overpriced for example in one local shop they had a tatty old copy of Paranoid which was in a terrible state scratched to hell and falling apart. It was a 1st issue but they wanted £50 for it. They apparantly have an "expert" who values stuff or should I say, has a copy of "The Record COllector" and just prices everything as NM.

Anyway will have to have another look in this shop on Saturday as there could be more. I was in a bit of a shock really when I texted my bro to find the value of it and he said "Well if it's what your describing it's £75" well for 75p you can't turn it down, lol.

tHing is I can find no details of this band at all really, I think they may be from the Chesterfield area but could be wrong as there is another band called Warrior from Newcastle, but it's not them. There is one track from the album on youtube and it's a bit early Thin Lizzy ish just not as good, lol.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFrea_KlxDg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3X9RgTe ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqFMNSLX ... re=related[/youtube]
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

£67 now, whoop, whoop, only another week to go....
Gojira1975
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Gojira1975 »

Wow. 6 days left too, I reckon it'll hike up more by then too.

RESULT.
DEATH TO FALSE METAL
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Gojira1975 wrote:Wow. 6 days left too, I reckon it'll hike up more by then too.

RESULT.
I do hope so, a bit of holiday money......
Deuce
The Originals II (1978)

Post by Deuce »

Father Jack wrote:Theres an Axe Attack or Metal For Muthas album with a very rare Iron Maiden version of Wrathchild (I think its that track) which was recorded long before Killers.
Its the album with two Maiden tracks on whilst every other band only has one tracks.
Thats as rare as rocking horse shit, but we all had the vinyl in 1980, lol.
I have that.

Its a Metal for Muthas, and it is Wrathchild.

Deuce
:) :) :) :)
Steve

---------------------------------------------

Stand by my side, I'll be there for you......

Get up! and get your Grandma outta here
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

26 watches now and a few questions coming in about it.

Only thing that annoys me a bit is how people want you to grade the vinyl as NM (Near Mint) and then ask you what it plays like. To my untrained eyes it looks unplayed, no blemishes at all and no dust on it. I am not going to risk playing the feckin thing when it looks totally mint.

How daft are people, I know they want the best quality but I ain't gonna try playing it on my set up and then knowing my luck put a big damn scratch accross it when the daughter comes jumping up and down i the room, lol.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Mr.Spireite wrote:How daft are people, I know they want the best quality but I ain't gonna try playing it on my set up and then knowing my luck put a big damn scratch accross it when the daughter comes jumping up and down i the room, lol.
You could always put the headphones in and listen in the evening when your daughter is in bed? Might help you increase the price a bit more?
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Pete wrote:
Mr.Spireite wrote:How daft are people, I know they want the best quality but I ain't gonna try playing it on my set up and then knowing my luck put a big damn scratch accross it when the daughter comes jumping up and down i the room, lol.
You could always put the headphones in and listen in the evening when your daughter is in bed? Might help you increase the price a bit more?
Then from unplayed looking, becomes played :roll:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Mr.Spireite wrote:
Pete wrote:
Then from unplayed looking, becomes played :roll:

And who would know apart from you? Just tell a little white lie and say you've studied it and it looks mint? Again just a thought.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Well £90 at the moment is more than enough for a 75p purchase <Insert EVIL LAUGH>
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

£90 :roll: For a piece of old vinyl some people have more money than sense and it's not even Good :roll:
They sound like the Shaddows :D
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

crad wrote:£90 :roll: For a piece of old vinyl some people have more money than sense and it's not even Good :roll:
They sound like the Shaddows :D
Do I care what it sounds like ?
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

£132 now, only 4 more hours to go 8)