Chris Holmes is coming to Grimsby!

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
PyroMessiah86

Re: Chris Holmes is coming to Grimsby!

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

He'll be fine with W.A.S.P. merch.....anything with Blackies face on he might cross out though :lol: I wanna get Stet Howland to sign my W.A.S.P. Neon God:Part I album. The last signature I need for it.
upinedinburgh
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Post by upinedinburgh »

I'm seeing WASP the week after next in Helsinki.

They're playing the comedy club - the Apollo - actually... insert your own joke here

They were only here last in December (at the House of Culture!!), so guess they must sell the tickets in Finland to make it worth Blackie's while. Were ace last time, so looking forward to it
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

upinedinburgh wrote:I'm seeing WASP the week after next in Helsinki.
Nice one :D enjoy!
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

PyroMessiah86 wrote:He'll be fine with W.A.S.P. merch.....anything with Blackies face on he might cross out though :lol:
I might just get the miz arse to sign my ticket and save all the hassle lol, or at least a photo with with him !!
Ray The Tongue
Alive II (1977)

Post by Ray The Tongue »

PyroMessiah86 wrote:
Ray The Tongue wrote:Let's hope his shows not on tape like his wasp days!!
:roll:

Back this this again? There are about a billion bands out there that use some form of vocal enhancements live (some choruses etc). Chris Holmes performances were never 'on tape' I have about a million W.A.S.P. bootlegs to prove it.
Hell check out the warts and all live stream 'The Sting' he'd lost it totally at that point and his playing was horrible, hense why he didn't last too much longer. He couldn't cut it at that point and more than likely wouldn't be able to put on a consistant show for the long tours W.A.S.P. have done since then. Is cool to see he has improved and is back on track in recent times. 8)

Bon Jovi, Motley Crue and a tonne of other bands use vocal enhancements live. If you think W.A.S.P.'s whole show is on tape now...you have no clue what you are talking about. I've seen the occasional live fu*k up out of 15 shows....missed cues, Blackie screwing up lyrics occasionally, Blackie giving the evils to other band members when they screw up etc :lol: I'm not really sure what peoples issue is with W.A.S.P. and claiming they use more enhancements then they actually do. I've seen a soundcheck and heard exactly what they use and it's minimal. (Occasional chorus enhancements (see 'Crazy'), the long intro scream to 'Hellion' (which Blackie doesnt even stand at the mic for or try to hide it's an effect), story pieces on The Crimson Idol tour etc).

The only conclusion I have why people always bring this up is the fact that W.A.S.P. are still a kick ass live band after all this time and it shocks people because they don't expect it. Most still can't accept the fact that they are not just the band that wrote Animal (**** like a beast) either. They wipe the floor with the majority of the LA scene bands with ease in 2011 and will do beyond that. Performance wise the band and vocally Blackie Lawless is leagues beyond some of the bigger bands from that era. They tour year after year and still release quality albums with quality songwriting.

Wonder why the latest big tour of Motley Crue, Poison and New York Dolls does not include W.A.S.P.?? W.A.S.P. would embarrass those bands these days as a live act. Simply put.
They totally stole the show at Hard Rock Hell in 2009 aswell, with the largest crowd of the whole weekend. (and they were 2nd on the bill to Queensryche....who played to half the people when they left in droves as they just couldn't compete and the setlist was awful.) The band has been working their ass off on recording and touring for the past few years and finally they are back in the position where they can headline a UK festival with Bloodstock.

Been a long time coming...
jeez dude take a chill pill and i never said the whole show was on tape just his guitar..hehe
http://www.facebook.com/raymond.paul.bionic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

Just watched an interview with Holmes, and he actually comes across as a pretty decent guy, (after slagging Lawless off and i quote " I would rather have my hands cut off than play with that guy again" )

He's still a bit pissed that he has recieved no money that was owed to him by Lawless, and the fact that Lawless treats the fans like they are beneath him and not worthy of a photo or a 5 min chat

Holmes is still a drunken bum who looks like shite lol, and openly admits that they have called the band W.A.S because "we are fuc*ing has beens, we're old, washed up, has beens, but we enjoy doing what we do, and i hope the fans will enjoy seeing us"

So, maybe he wont be so scary to meet afterall, he seems up for meeting the fans and having a chat and a drink etc, yay ! :D
And the band sound pretty decent too! :D
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

Ray The Tongue wrote: jeez dude take a chill pill and i never said the whole show was on tape just his guitar..hehe
Lol I'm chilled, just saying no end of people claim W.A.S.P. use backing for different things by now pretty much covering everything on stage. :lol:

If Holmes had this guitar on backing tape you can be certain Blackie Lawless (who pretty much single handly runs everything W.A.S.P. these days) would make sure it was in tune and playing the right notes at least :lol: There would be no question if Chris Holmes could've cut it back in 2000 before he got the boot (for more reasons then Holmes states in the video MrsFatherJack just mentioned) just check out the live webcast 'The Sting' his playing on that is awful. There's no way Chris's stuff was on tape because it sounded so bad when he was off his tits. :lol:

He's looking a lot heathier now compared to about a year ago thats for sure. Playing much better then the last year or 2 with W.A.S.P. also.Which is great. Huge fan of his guitar playing on 'The Headless Children' album.
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

MrsFatherJack wrote:Just watched an interview with Holmes, and he actually comes across as a pretty decent guy, (after slagging Lawless off and i quote " I would rather have my hands cut off than play with that guy again" )

He's still a bit pissed that he has recieved no money that was owed to him by Lawless, and the fact that Lawless treats the fans like they are beneath him and not worthy of a photo or a 5 min chat

Holmes is still a drunken bum who looks like shite lol, and openly admits that they have called the band W.A.S because "we are fuc*ing has beens, we're old, washed up, has beens, but we enjoy doing what we do, and i hope the fans will enjoy seeing us"

So, maybe he wont be so scary to meet afterall, he seems up for meeting the fans and having a chat and a drink etc, yay ! :D
And the band sound pretty decent too! :D
They're doing aftershow meet and greets at all the UK shows :D
ImageImageImageImage
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

Bay wrote: They're doing aftershow meet and greets at all the UK shows :D
Yay! :D :D :D
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Bay wrote:They're doing aftershow meet and greets at all the UK shows
Is it a paid m&g or just a hang around and they might come back out to sign some stuff?
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

Retro Holmes!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIBy3NON1ck[/youtube]
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by The Hendon Kiss Army »

My favourite memory of Chris Holmes is in that 80's metal documentary/film with Lemmy and all the Hair metal bands when he was out of his head on a Lilo in his swimming pool having a conversation with his mum.

If I am in London on the 30th will def go as love early WASP.
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

AxeBass wrote:
Bay wrote:They're doing aftershow meet and greets at all the UK shows
Is it a paid m&g or just a hang around and they might come back out to sign some stuff?
No, it's a free, they come out into the audience after the show meet and greet :D
Fans will also get a chance to meet some of the most notorious characters in the history of Heavy Metal, as the band will be doing a meet and greet after each show, so bring your cameras, memorabilia, albums, posters, magazines, and flesh to be signed! .
Last edited by Bay on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

They won't have much of a choice about doing a m&g at Yardbirds, lol.
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

[quote="PyroMessiah86"]Image

How times have changed :lol: