Tottenham!!

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Re: Tottenham!!

Post by Bay »

Personally, i'm more concerned about people getting killed and injured. Maybe if the government thought more about people's welfare, and less about goods and money, this country might be a better place to live?
ImageImageImageImage
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

KISStrooper wrote:
Kev wrote:
skinnymartin wrote:TO me the worst part was the looting and it bothers me that the police chose not to treat that in a more robust way. .
They cant......they have had all the funding cut and are under manned :D
Not true. Met numbers are static at 32k.

And as for damned if they do etc. There is truth in that - but I'd rather the police fight crime - it's what they are there for.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Kev

Post by Kev »

skinnymartin wrote:Not true. Met numbers are static at 32k.

And as for damned if they do etc. There is truth in that - but I'd rather the police fight crime - it's what they are there for.

Crime or anarchy .
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Kev wrote:
skinnymartin wrote:Not true. Met numbers are static at 32k.

Crime or anarchy .
Just like a Sex Pistols gig :)
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Bay wrote:Personally, i'm more concerned about people getting killed and injured. Maybe if the government thought more about people's welfare, and less about goods and money, this country might be a better place to live?
It's not just Govt - that is more about the instant society that corporate Britain sells incessantly. However responsible citizens are or aren't, businesses operating for profit without a genuine sense of responsibility will always influence and create the "money is all" culture.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Bay wrote:Personally, i'm more concerned about people getting killed and injured. Maybe if the government thought more about people's welfare, and less about goods and money, this country might be a better place to live?
Very true indeed . usually the motorist suffers the most,anyone seen the latest car tax brackets :roll:
Another government rip off tax.
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by KISStrooper »

Might not be the met but the message is the same
One of the country's most senior counter-terrorism officers is being forced out of his job as part of government funding cuts to the police service.

The head of the West Midlands counter-terrorism unit, Detective Chief Superintendent Matt Sawers, will leave in two weeks' time as part of a £40m cut from the force's budget this year.

A source said: "He was angry and he was saddened by this, but he has come to terms with it and moved on now."

His departure comes despite a coalition pledge that frontline policing would not be affected by its 20% reduction in policing budgets and despite Home Office promises that counter-terrorism funding would be protected.

Sawers is an experienced counter-terrorism officer who has run the West Midlands unit since it was launched seven years ago. He was at its helm during one of the unit's most high-profile investigations to foil a plot to kidnap and behead a British soldier.

He also ran an operation which led to nine men being charged six months ago with conspiracy to cause explosions and engage in acts of terrorism. The trial is due later this year.

Sawers is among 175 officers made to leave the West Midlands force this year as it attempts to make budget cuts of £125m over four years.
Mick
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Lets face it, the country is fu*ked !
KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by KISStrooper »

Father Jack wrote:Lets face it, the country is fu*ked !
After all the promises Frank.....YEAH !!! well and truly whilst the rich and powerful enjoy there jollies :(
Mick
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Its just like the 80's all over again.
Kev

Post by Kev »

Father Jack wrote:Its just like the 80's all over again.
AND WHO WAS IN POWER THEN,WEEEEEH HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY ,same old TORIE'S. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by The Hendon Kiss Army »

Agree with Martin re Ken Livingstone what a stupid wank::

This is nothing to with politics now, it's just scum wanting to cause as much trouble as possible. The army need to be called in quickly, water cannon, tear gas etc. I am about 10 miles away in an ok suburb but can't believe what I am seeing tonight. What a great advert this is for the BNP which is really terrible.

The country is skint there is no money after labour and Brown blew it all. Fr Jack is right we are well and truly fu*k'd

I just pray that no innocent people get killed tonight
Kev

Post by Kev »

The Hendon Kiss Army wrote:Agree with Martin re Ken Livingstone what a stupid wank::

This is nothing to with politics now, it's just scum wanting to cause as much trouble as possible. The army need to be called in quickly, water cannon, tear gas etc. I am about 10 miles away in an ok suburb but can't believe what I am seeing tonight. What a great advert this is for the BNP which is really terrible.

The country is skint there is no money after labour and Brown blew it all. Fr Jack is right we are well and truly fu*k'd

Young Hendon, you say its nothing to do with Bolitics then go on to blame Labour for the country being skint.
2 questions!

What are the government doing about it apart from appearing on sky news and talking a good battle.Cant they give the go ahead for the army to go help the over stretched police. :? :? :?

OH-and where is the prime minister , i haven't seen his smug mug around lately. :? :? :? :?
ImageImageImageImage

w00dy

Post by w00dy »

Kev wrote:
The Hendon Kiss Army wrote:Agree with Martin re Ken Livingstone what a stupid wank::

Young Hendon, you say its nothing to do with Bolitics then go on to blame Labour for the country being skint.
2 questions!

What are the government doing about it apart from appearing on sky news and talking a good battle.Cant they give the go ahead for the army to go help the over stretched police. :? :? :?

OH-and where is the prime minister , i haven't seen his smug mug around lately. :? :? :? :?
Probably on hol with the fkn rest of em, not giving a flying fu*k about the country (as usual) :evil:
kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Post by kingjames1970 »

Nice to see the scum have made it pretty much to the end of my street. Nice. Now where's my shotgun?!