Tottenham!!

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Re: Tottenham!!

Post by Bay »

skinnymartin wrote:If you think video conferencing is Skype you don't understand it.

Curfews punish the innocent - not a fan. Would also tie up police time and effort.

The police need to be told to get in there and run snatch squads. A Black Maria 100m behind a police line, and the police charge and snatch, lock the tw*t in the black maria, charge again, flailing batons and grabbing protestors. If that had happened on night one it would not have spread. I watched a scene on Sky news with a protestor stood about 2 yards in front of 4 officers, taunting them. All they did was swing batons in a way that ensured they got nowhere near the guy. Would love a YouTube video of that btw.

I am afraid I am massively critical of the police response. I am all for the Army being called in - but it will have huge long term implications for the Met - it will be a statement of total failure and could not happen without a total rebuild of the Met following it. It is something that needs to happen - but the politics of that sort of action is huge.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Army option was suddenly deployed tonight with no notice (if it kicks off again - which I hope it won't).

I am also a bit disappointed with Cameron's response today. But I am more concerned with what he has said behind the scenes. I hope he tore the Acting Commander of the Met a new arsehole - but he couldn't do that publicly because of the impact on the guys on the ground.
If you don't think your leader needs to be here in person Martin, it's you who doesn't understand m8.
When you keep closing down youth clubs and give kids nothing to do, and no future to look forward to, this is the end result. This isn't the end of it, by a long way.
ImageImageImageImage
niteworker
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by niteworker »

Looks like the police are locking down Enfield town again tonite about 5 pm.We still have the Sony warehouse on fire which is about 2 miles from where i live in enfield.
KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by KISStrooper »

Bay wrote: If you don't think your leader needs to be here in person Martin, it's you who doesn't understand m8.
When you keep closing down youth clubs and give kids nothing to do, and no future to look forward to, this is the end result. This isn't the end of it, by a long way.
Agree Bay, the man at the top HAS to take responsibility for the breakdown of society......end of ! this would have kicked off eventually through whatever reason.

Yes it's wrong, yes it needs sorting, yes it needs the Army BUT the government in control are responsible and they have FAILED the people of this country.
I could rant for hours about this, it disgusts me. But I have to say the "blame the Tories" response disgusts me too.
And it Disgusts me what the coalition have done and are doing to this country and the people ! enough of the "lets stand together and things are going to get hard" rubbish ! i cant afford £1000 a night holidays or stand to inherit millions. It's killing me paying fuel prices, increased VAT, rising inflation, on and on and on and on.

This government will go down in history as the government that bought a country to it's knees and abused it's people by a jolly of rich kids looking for power and an ego massage....get real !!!

Clive Bloom, author of Violent London: 2,000 Years Of Riots, Rebels And Revolts, told Sky News Online that for the capital unrest was unfortunately, nothing new.

He said London today is much like it was three centuries ago and the lawlessness of the city has always gone up and down.

"The 18th century was essentially a lawless period. The underclass areas were surrounded by very wealthy areas - pockets of wealth were surrounded by poverty.

"So there were times when the areas of poverty wound spill over and there would be days of rioting, just to let out the adrenaline."

He added: "When you ignore very poor people, they decided to take the law into their own hands.

"The morality of property - the idea of the morality of property - they don't understand that a pair of trainers has to be sold to you - they can't just take it.

"And now they realise, no one's stopping them.

"The action is entirely criminal but the underlying social issues are not criminal, and they need to be dealt with very carefully."
Mick
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Is there any millitary left in the country ?? I thought they were all out being picked off one by one in the desert and mountains of a country vitally important to us. :?
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Bay wrote:When you keep closing down youth clubs and give kids nothing to do, and no future to look forward to, this is the end result.
Absolute bollocks. Do you honestly think the average scumbag on the local council estate would want to use a youth club when it's much more fun standing on a street corner harassing and abusing the locals ?? What we are seeing now are the rewards reaped from a decade of feral kids who now have feral kids, who have no respect for anyone around them and have no fear of authority.Wouldn't suprise me if you've got dads and sons running 'round the streets together on a family outing looting spree. All this unrest hasn't just appeared in the last 18 months ( although some blinkered folk may think it ), this is the result of years of soft policing, the law looking after the perpetrator rather than the victim and the total breakdown of parental control.
The blame lies with both governments over the last 15 years, one for taking it's eye off the ball by giving more importance to a murderous and pointless overseas campaign than making sure it's own country was safe, secure and content, and the other for not realising the extent of the problem and not doing something about it.
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by The Hendon Kiss Army »

Top Bannana Roger. Spot on with your comments. Although I believe that some of the arrests have been students, a youth worker, a chap who was going to join the army.

It is frightening here tonight local shops 1/2 mile away have been looted although I haven't seen this myself. Stay safe everyone
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by The Hendon Kiss Army »

Like many disappointed by David Camerons response, but take on board what Martin says about what's going on behind closed doors.
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Bay wrote:
skinnymartin wrote:If you think video conferencing is Skype you don't understand it.

Curfews punish the innocent - not a fan. Would also tie up police time and effort.

The police need to be told to get in there and run snatch squads. A Black Maria 100m behind a police line, and the police charge and snatch, lock the tw*t in the black maria, charge again, flailing batons and grabbing protestors. If that had happened on night one it would not have spread. I watched a scene on Sky news with a protestor stood about 2 yards in front of 4 officers, taunting them. All they did was swing batons in a way that ensured they got nowhere near the guy. Would love a YouTube video of that btw.

I am afraid I am massively critical of the police response. I am all for the Army being called in - but it will have huge long term implications for the Met - it will be a statement of total failure and could not happen without a total rebuild of the Met following it. It is something that needs to happen - but the politics of that sort of action is huge.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Army option was suddenly deployed tonight with no notice (if it kicks off again - which I hope it won't).

I am also a bit disappointed with Cameron's response today. But I am more concerned with what he has said behind the scenes. I hope he tore the Acting Commander of the Met a new arsehole - but he couldn't do that publicly because of the impact on the guys on the ground.
If you don't think your leader needs to be here in person Martin, it's you who doesn't understand m8.
If you want to get overtly political fine. It was the Labour Government that increased the gap between the richest and poorest, whilst frittering our money away like it was confetti. That added to the feeling of despair amongst the poorest in society. National Government have not cut a single Youth Centre. If those areas that are experiencing rioting are experiencing it because Youth Centres have closed, they are almost all Labour run authorities who would have made those decisions locally. Of course their local councillors choose to whinge about it, blame the Government and do nothing. They could, of course, do what I did when our Youth Centre suffered funding cuts, set up a local group to raise funds independently to counteract the impacts. So far we raised £!7k and have managed to ensure that there has not been a single negative impact. That does two things a. It keeps local services going and b. It lets people feel that they are being supported and invested in.

Secondly - the evidence of where the world is economically is entire justification for the cuts strategy. The organisation that cut the US' credit rating said categorically that they would have done the same to the UK if it weren't for the actions taken by the coalition to get finances in shape. The impact of that would have been higher interest on Government bonds, more money paying off debt - and as a result even bigger cuts. So by criticising tough decisions Nationally you are categorically saying that you want a worse financial situation in this country and bigger cuts - as long as we don't do it now.

Of course left-wing idiots like Ken Livingstone could say everything they can to justify the actions of idiots that are poorly parented and poorly supported by those that should be doing better. They could make those people feel that looting and firebombing are justifiable actions. There are no circumstances in our country where that is acceptable.

I think, after last night DC was right to come home - because of the way media had portrayed the issue. But actually Chairing COBRA, giving the head of the Met a bollocking and encouraging parents to shop their thieving children could have been done from anywhere.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by KISStrooper »

skinnymartin wrote: It was the Labour Government that increased the gap between the richest and poorest, whilst frittering our money away like it was confetti. That added to the feeling of despair amongst the poorest in society.
utter utter rubbish !!!!

It was years of Abuse started in the 80's by Thatcher that put us in the mess, Labour tried to help the poorest which is something the Tories have never done, lets look at the period before labour came to power.

One of the first things Major did after surprisingly winning the election was to increase VAT to 17.5%
VAT, to pay for the rich people's giveaways.
VAT by now had been added to all take aways, (even fish and chips and hot pies),
all home improvements such as double glazing,
loft insulation, and
cavity wall insulation.
New bathrooms
kitchens
extensions
ALL now carried 17.5% VAT!!!!!

VAT was put onto GAS and ELECTRIC bills...
a great help to the poor pawns... sorry, voters.

Just before that election in early 1990's, an election the tories expected to lose, thinking that the British people wouldn't fall for yet more tax cut promises, government people went into all DHS buildings and shredded hundreds of thousands of files... somehow, they won on the strength of more false promises.
By now, a 6% TAX above inflation was put on all transport fuel.

This was stopped immediately after Labour came to power!
The new Labour government also stopped the planned increase of VAT onto householsd fuel..
cutting it out for pensioners, and
increasing the Winter Fuel Benefit for Pensioners,
a massive Godsend to millions!

The Tories line there own pockets and look after the rich whilst crucifying the working class FACT !!!!
Mick
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

All true mick vat now is 20% :shock:
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by KISStrooper »

Nick Cleggs comments before he sold his soul to the Tories
Nick Clegg has seen comments he made in the run-up to the General Election last year come back to haunt him.

He said Britain could be hit by a wave of "Greece-style" unrest if the Tories won.

Speaking in April 2010, the Lib Dem leader said he feared "serious social strife" if an administration with minimal support raised taxes, laid off public sector workers and froze wages.

In an interview with The Observer, Mr Clegg said: "Imagine the Conservatives go home and get an absolute majority, on 25% of the eligible vote.

"Then they turn around in the next week or two and say we're going to chuck up VAT to 20%, we're going to to start cutting teachers, cutting police and the wage bill in the public sector.

"I think if you're not careful in that situation...you'd get Greek-style unrest."
Mick
niteworker
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by niteworker »

We now have the EDL taking to the streets of east enfield.i say we need woody and frank to sort out the scum in enfield......with plugfoot and his horse n cart to pick up the leftovers........
kissmandave
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by kissmandave »

Dont fkn start me with this shower of pish that call themselves fkn British......another drug dealing scumbag dead, no big deal and provides just a meagre excuse for this crap......don't even think about starting me on fkn greedy barsteward politicians who are only interested in "serving" their own interests and who have no idea of how society is either physically or mentally in the country at this time....................and yes my views are my own personal opinion, whether that be of politics. the country or otherwise ok bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am the legalised scourge and pillar of society we all love...............PERFECT
Bay

Post by Bay »

kissmandave wrote:Dont fkn start me with this shower of pish that call themselves fkn British......another drug dealing scumbag dead, no big deal and provides just a meagre excuse for this crap......don't even think about starting me on fkn greedy barsteward politicians who are only interested in "serving" their own interests and who have no idea of how society is either physically or mentally in the country at this time....................and yes my views are my own personal opinion, whether that be of politics. the country or otherwise ok bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well said that man!
ImageImageImageImage
Bay

Post by Bay »

skinnymartin wrote:
Bay wrote:

If you want to get overtly political fine. It was the Labour Government that increased the gap between the richest and poorest, whilst frittering our money away like it was confetti. That added to the feeling of despair amongst the poorest in society. National Government have not cut a single Youth Centre. If those areas that are experiencing rioting are experiencing it because Youth Centres have closed, they are almost all Labour run authorities who would have made those decisions locally. Of course their local councillors choose to whinge about it, blame the Government and do nothing. They could, of course, do what I did when our Youth Centre suffered funding cuts, set up a local group to raise funds independently to counteract the impacts. So far we raised £!7k and have managed to ensure that there has not been a single negative impact. That does two things a. It keeps local services going and b. It lets people feel that they are being supported and invested in.

Secondly - the evidence of where the world is economically is entire justification for the cuts strategy. The organisation that cut the US' credit rating said categorically that they would have done the same to the UK if it weren't for the actions taken by the coalition to get finances in shape. The impact of that would have been higher interest on Government bonds, more money paying off debt - and as a result even bigger cuts. So by criticising tough decisions Nationally you are categorically saying that you want a worse financial situation in this country and bigger cuts - as long as we don't do it now.

Of course left-wing idiots like Ken Livingstone could say everything they can to justify the actions of idiots that are poorly parented and poorly supported by those that should be doing better. They could make those people feel that looting and firebombing are justifiable actions. There are no circumstances in our country where that is acceptable.

I think, after last night DC was right to come home - because of the way media had portrayed the issue. But actually Chairing COBRA, giving the head of the Met a bollocking and encouraging parents to shop their thieving children could have been done from anywhere.
Actually i didn't mention any political party or call anyone an idiot (left-wing or otherwise) All the parties are to blame, imho, you've all failed this country and you continue to fail this country.
I'm all for cutting our national debt, but i would start by taxing those that can more afford it first.
Just out of curiosity Martin, your wages and travel expenses, increased or decreased this year? :D
Last edited by Bay on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage