Football season 2011/2012

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
skinnymartin

Re: Football season 2011/2012

Post by skinnymartin »

Our goalkeeper is fine thank you very much.

Ball winning midfielder - I am less worried about. Song and Frimpong can cope perfectly well (when Song isn't stamping on people)

My two priorities would be another top class striker and at least one, pref two central defenders.

Our Central defence is OK, but struggles when Vermaelen is out (which is too much) and up front the only instinctive goal scorer we seem to have is Van Persie. Unless you listen to Bendtner - who believes he is the world's greatest.

Wenger does see the problems, actually his issue is that he is reluctant to buy at inflated prices, but I am pretty sure we will spend about £30m in hte next week.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Pete

Post by Pete »

skinnymartin wrote:Wenger does see the problems, actually his issue is that he is reluctant to buy at inflated prices, but I am pretty sure we will spend about £30m in hte next week.
First time he's seen anything then! :lol: :lol: :lol:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Pete wrote:
skinnymartin wrote:Wenger does see the problems, actually his issue is that he is reluctant to buy at inflated prices, but I am pretty sure we will spend about £30m in hte next week.
First time he's seen anything then! :lol: :lol: :lol:
OLD JOKES FOR NEW, OLD JOKES FOR NEW!!

A world without heroes
Without heroes
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Same ole Arsenal...Always cheating !! :) thats the only Song I know :)
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Pete

Post by Pete »

crad wrote:Same ole Arsenal...Always cheating !! :) thats the only Song I know :)
What about the Song that goes about stamping on people?
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
crad

Post by crad »

King Kenny :D cracking result at the emirates :D Seymour could be out of a job if they play like that again Arse shocking :D
Oh nearly forgot who the fook gave that SCUM c**t a job on sky sports :mad:
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Well, I thought the Arse were by far the more dangerous team. Liverpool still lack the ability to dominate and go forward at pace and Henderson is still trying to find his feet.
Walcott doesn't impress me any more. The longer he stays on the pitch the more clueless he becomes. Perhaps robot chicken should flog him as well.
Anyhoo, we took advantage of the lack of main first team players the Arse had available and after the sending off (for two clear yellows) and the inclusion of Suarez the result was only ever going one way.
kiss-76
The Originals (1976)

Post by kiss-76 »

Arsenal were just not themselves today. Even though we have many first team players out, I felt that our starting line-up had more than enough to take the three points. It seems that we have lost our confidence and our ability to move the ball quickly and incisively through the midfield. I really don't think that the 4-2-1-2-1 formation is working at all. I think it leaves RVP far too isolated at times. It was so apparent that we missed Jack Wilshere today. He is a player who is always available for the ball and looking to start the next attacking move.

If anybody still thinks that we still need to splash out on a goalkeeper you obviously haven't seen Szczesny playing recently. It really frustrates me that people buy into media sound bites and use them to forms their 'own' opinions. He is fantastic and commanding. He could and should be our number 1 for the next 15 years.

I think that a defensive line-up of Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny and Gibbs or more than good enough to compete at the top level. However we do not have enough cover beyond that. We need a left back as Traore isn't up to the job and another reliable centre back.

I really do find it funny that people are saying that we need a 'nasty' midfielder. Alex Song is more than prepared to take a booking to stop and attack and is by no means afraid to get stuck in. He also has a lot of footballing ability and an eye for goal. Bringing in a thuggish criminal like Barton would demoralise most sections of The Arsenal faithful. He will never have the class to be an Arsenal player. I don't think we would ever stoop that low no matter how bad things get. I think that we could do with another more creative midfielder to share the load with Wilshere, Ramsey and Rosicky.

I think that up front is our main issue. If I was Wenger I would have done everything in my power to sign Lukaku before Chelsea managed to secure a deal. I think we need a strong physical and pacey goalscorer to play along side and in place of RVP.

Congrats to Liverpool. A few of your signings really surprised me today. Looking forward to making amends at Anfield :D
Let’s come to London, strip it down, turn it up and blow the roof off The O2 Academy.
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Actually I thought Arsenal looked more dangerous until Frimpong went off. Walcott and Arshavin are letting us down too much.

Second yellow was definitely a yellow. Less sure about the first. But until he went off I thought he was having a great game. Him and Vermaelen were Arsenal's best two players.

I would play Frimpong ahead of Song at the moment.

The danger with Arsenal at the moment is that unless Wenger does something different (i.e. spends some money) confidence is going to go rapidly downhill.

Congrats to Liverpool - but I still think the game would have ended differently without the sending off.

A world without heroes
Without heroes
Pete

Post by Pete »

skinnymartin wrote:Actually I thought Arsenal looked more dangerous until Frimpong went off. Walcott and Arshavin are letting us down too much.

Second yellow was definitely a yellow. Less sure about the first. But until he went off I thought he was having a great game. Him and Vermaelen were Arsenal's best two players.

I would play Frimpong ahead of Song at the moment.

The danger with Arsenal at the moment is that unless Wenger does something different (i.e. spends some money) confidence is going to go rapidly downhill.

Congrats to Liverpool - but I still think the game would have ended differently without the sending off.
Would've been a 0-0 draw...

(Oh and Frimpong should've had a second yellow, before he did get his second yellow)
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

skinnymartin wrote:Wenger does see the problems, actually his issue is that he is reluctant to buy at inflated prices,
It is more that he won't pay a market price or ever take someone in the Scott Parker or Diarra mould to solve a short term problem. Every signing has to be a young prospect but those young prospects are getting to 25/26 and leaving so Arsenal are becoming a feeder club.

I thought Arsenal looked leaderless both on and off the pitch yesterday with no backbone or resolve and a serious and dangerous lack of discipline. They collapsed when down to 10 men. That tackle was nasty and Wenger would be calling for far heavier sanctions if Shawcross, Taylor or Barton had done that to one of his. The whole club is about to implode :D :D

As for Liverpool. Carroll looks good enough but he is far from fit enough after 6 months with the club and that has to be worrying because I suspect it is his lifestyle that is the reason. Suarez is superb and a lot of the others look like a real team - Kuyt, Enrique, Agger, Adam etc. However I do not understand why he felt the need to spend £36m on Henderson and Downing from the start they looked like the weak links.

Arsenal however are not the only ones who need to do some business this week ... Chelsea looked heavy legged and way too much like Ancellotti never left. Play Drogba and Torres together and sell Kalou to Arsenal for an inflated price.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

I hear on the grapevine that Chelski are doing the decent thing and buying Juan Mata when all around are dithering. A sensible choice and a great winger.
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

This article seems to have a ring of truth about it:

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/ ... 170548.htm

A world without heroes
Without heroes
crad

Post by crad »

Seymore OUT.... Thats what you will be seeing soon....
Pete

Post by Pete »

Good to see that somethings in football never change...Spurs rolling over for man yoo...I'd never have seen that coming! :roll:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)