Your thoughts please....

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Your thoughts please....

Post by Father Jack »

Right, Ive been banging my head against a brick wall for long enough now.
I want DTK to do a series of acoustic shows in smaller venues. Not many, just a run of 3 nights and thats it. Finito !!
However, and as usual, Im being left exasperated by the unwillingness by a particular band member to agree to even entertain the idea unless its at an Expo. I won't say who the band member is but its not Ash or Matt, lol.
Our live set hasn't changed since I returned in 2007 when once upon a time we prided ourselves in being a kiss tribute that played songs that kiss never did. Now we're mirroring their set list in its annoyingly bothersome plod, which is why I suggested doing a series of unplugged shows.
Ive suggested we'd do the show's in make up and suits, ala Dressed To Kill album cover and do loads of stuff we 've never done before, eg:
Comin Home
Whats On Your Mind
Going Blind
Shandi
Plaster Caster
Nowhere To Run
annd lots of other rare stuff.

What I'd like is your thoughts on the idea. Would you go ? Do you think it would work ? Are the band becoming stagnant & losing out on the chance to do something people would enjoy ?
Rant away
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Re: Your thoughts please....

Post by AxeBass »

I think you should do it in Asylum era costumes ...... With a few steel panther covers thrown in :lol:

Suits is naff and a whole show of obscure unplugged songs is only for the anal few and not worth the hours of effort for the few that may attend BUT half an unplugged show and half classics would be something I would definately want to see and I doubt you would lose any of your following by mixing it up to that extent.

Just my opinion!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:Right, Ive been banging my head against a brick wall for long enough now.
I want DTK to do a series of acoustic shows in smaller venues. Not many, just a run of 3 nights and thats it. Finito !!
However, and as usual, Im being left exasperated by the unwillingness by a particular band member to agree to even entertain the idea unless its at an Expo. I won't say who the band member is but its not Ash or Matt, lol.
Our live set hasn't changed since I returned in 2007 when once upon a time we prided ourselves in being a kiss tribute that played songs that kiss never did. Now we're mirroring their set list in its annoyingly bothersome plod, which is why I suggested doing a series of unplugged shows.
Ive suggested we'd do the show's in make up and suits, ala Dressed To Kill album cover and do loads of stuff we 've never done before, eg:
Comin Home
Whats On Your Mind
Going Blind
Shandi
Plaster Caster
Nowhere To Run
annd lots of other rare stuff.

What I'd like is your thoughts on the idea. Would you go ? Do you think it would work ? Are the band becoming stagnant & losing out on the chance to do something people would enjoy ?
Rant away
A night of rarely played Kiss tunes in acoustic fashion? Sounds good to me.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Interesting, but not the Asylum costumes, lol.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:Interesting, but not the Asylum costumes, lol.
Animalize costumes then. You'd look great in leopard skin pants and a zebra print top! :lol: :lol: :lol:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Sounds like a fantastic idea sir :D Can't wait & don't forget to play forever :D as for the non enthusiastic band member give her a slap & get on with :D
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Pete wrote:
Animalize costumes then. You'd look great in leopard skin pants and a zebra print top! :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'm just having my breakfast pepe & the milk has just curdled :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Pete

Post by Pete »

crad wrote:
Pete wrote:
Animalize costumes them. You'd look great in leopardskin pants and a zebra print top! :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'm just having my breakfast pepe & the milk has just curdled :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just need w00dy to create the image now... :wink:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Post by RippingFleshFromBone »

I know I'm going to be pretty much alone on this one...but!

After the KISS cruise shows, doing a primarily full set of obscure stuff doesn't really work! Not even fully amped. I'd like to see KISS stick 1 or 2 lesser played songs in their set tho. Really, so what if not everyone would know them, it's the long term loyal fans who have keep the band going. Can't they do something for the old timers instead of going for mass appeal?

As for DTK, a half acoustic, half electric show would actually be pretty interesting but a full acoustic doesn't really appeal. Or even stick a 3-4 song acoustic bit in the middle of the set. Either way I'd be interested to hear it...
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

I don't see DTK often enough - but when I do it is always a lass show. But I would have thought that something like an acoustic set would probably only be attractive to KISS anoraks like us - so much as I'd love to see i, I am not sure about how successful it would be.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by fried alive »

RippingFleshFromBone wrote:
As for DTK, a half acoustic, half electric show would actually be pretty interesting but a full acoustic doesn't really appeal. Or even stick a 3-4 song acoustic bit in the middle of the set. Either way I'd be interested to hear it...
good idear
Roger H
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Roger H »

I probably wouldn't go to a completely acoustic set. As suggested, 3 or 4 songs (max.) in the middle of the set and then back to full tilt would be my preference.
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

As long as I can strap a catherine wheel to your acoustic... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

PyroMessiah86 wrote:As long as I can strap a catherine wheel to your acoustic... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Done & done. :lol:
Kev

Post by Kev »

Father Jack wrote:
Rant away
Nope,i wouldn't go, id be bored shitless,would you sit on high stools for the entire set.A small venue,could be a phone box for this one mate.Stick to your guns Gary. :D
Yes the band are becoming stagnant, for god sake spice up that logo behind the drums, get an LED logo, make it flash or something ,costumes would be nice updated ,they are becoming tired. :D
Get some kiss Army drops made.
Being honest i prefer to hear you play the classic stuff that everyone knows, play obscure stuff and kill the atmosphere in the venue.

Having said that i still say you lot do a fooooking top class show, i always enjoy your gigs, especially when your gear fks up Danny. :D :D :D

(Now before anyone jumps on my post Danny did ask for my honest opinion via a text this afternoon.)
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)