Anyone going to see Dio?

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
skinnymartin

Re: Anyone going to see Dio?

Post by skinnymartin »

Kev wrote:Did any one go to the last tour Dio did of the uk with Heaven & Hell.

Twas a cracking show.
Saw Heaven and Hell three times, last time was their final European Show at Wacken - it was brilliant. I was absolutely awestruck at the quality.

Did you know "Viv Campbell" is an anagram of "disrepectful arse".
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Pete

Post by Pete »

skinnymartin wrote:Did you know "Viv Campbell" is an anagram of "disrepectful arse".
Why is it disrespectful? Surely if there was an issue Wendy would step in and put a stop to it all... :?:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

skinnymartin wrote:Saw Heaven and Hell three times, last time was their final European Show at Wacken - it was brilliant. I was absolutely awestruck at the quality.
Got that on DVD, bloody brilliant !!
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Pete wrote:
skinnymartin wrote:Did you know "Viv Campbell" is an anagram of "disrepectful arse".
Why is it disrespectful? Surely if there was an issue Wendy would step in and put a stop to it all... :?:
It is disrespectful because he is recreating a band that was made by Dio and named after Dio - and the issues between the two were well known.

It is the difference between reforming "Dio" and having a band called "Dio Disciples" which is a genuine celebration and remembrance of him (and who are at Wacken this year). Much as the Wendy thing is part of the issue - it's not hte whole issue - the fans are a huge part of that too.

A world without heroes
Without heroes
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Ma wrote:
skinnymartin wrote:Saw Heaven and Hell three times, last time was their final European Show at Wacken - it was brilliant. I was absolutely awestruck at the quality.
Got that on DVD, bloody brilliant !!
It all happens at Wacken. Saxon and Scorpions this year. :-)

A world without heroes
Without heroes
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

skinnymartin wrote:
Pete wrote:
It is disrespectful because he is recreating a band that was made by Dio and named after Dio - and the issues between the two were well known.

It is the difference between reforming "Dio" and having a band called "Dio Disciples" which is a genuine celebration and remembrance of him (and who are at Wacken this year). Much as the Wendy thing is part of the issue - it's not hte whole issue - the fans are a huge part of that too.
They're going to be playing under the name 'Last In Line' But i still agree with you, Martin, i find it very disrespectful and in piss poor taste
ImageImageImageImage
Pete

Post by Pete »

Bay wrote:
They're going to be playing under the name 'Last In Line' But i still agree with you, Martin, i find it very disrespectful and in piss poor taste
Does this make the current Thin Lizzy line up disrespectful?
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by KISStrooper »

i can't see how or why some have to carry on a bands name when clearly there is very little of that band left.

For me Lizzy was Lynott, Gorham, Robbo, etc, ok guitarists came and went but Lynott, downey and Gorham were the foundations. When its down to one last member it don't even resemble the original band so stop fleecing the memories of days gone by.

Dios got fu*k all to do with this band who are nothing more than a tribute band trying to fleece the punters, i hope they get showered with piss !

what if VV, kulick, figg and others formed a band and called it KISS (ok i know GS/PS wouldn't let it happen) But would it be KISS........NO, but principles the same :D
Mick
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

Pete wrote:
Bay wrote:
Does this make the current Thin Lizzy line up disrespectful?
No Because their brilliant and Gorham never dissed Phil
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Plus, Gorham basically owns Lizzy so he can do as he pleases.
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

skinnymartin wrote: It all happens at Wacken. Saxon and Scorpions this year. :-)
Cor !! :D
Kev

Post by Kev »

"Oh my God, oh no", and I knew right away that Phil had gone. I sat on the stairs and started crying. I hadn't lost a bass player and a singer. I'd lost my best friend.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z1vd8icg8r" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
God bless Scott, The latest line is pretty dam good.
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)