Football season 2012/2013

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Pete

Re: Football season 2012/2013

Post by Pete »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18532449" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve Kean to remain Blackburn Rovers manager - Shebby SinghSteve Kean will begin the new Championship season as manager of Blackburn Rovers, according to the club's new global advisor Shebby Singh.

He told BBC Radio Lancashire: "At the moment, Steve Kean is in charge and I fully expect him to start the season."

Rovers' 11-year stay in the top flight came to an end with relegation in May.

Kean and owners Venky's have been under increasing pressure from Blackburn supporters since he replaced Sam Allardyce as boss in December 2010.

It appears the 44-year-old, who flew to India for several days of talks with Venky's at the end of the season, will be given the chance to try and lead Blackburn back to the Premier League at the first attempt.

Singh, a former Malaysia international during his playing career, has been working as a football pundit in Asia in recent years but was appointed by Blackburn earlier this week.

His support for Kean contradicts the views he expressed in a column for the New Paper in Singapore last month, when he called for the Scot to be sacked.

"Looking from a football pundit's point of view, Steve Kean is obviously not the man to lead Blackburn Rovers back to the Premiership," he wrote.
"There were too many areas that weren't looked into this season and we can talk about this for a long, long time.

"Firstly, they were tactically naive with a lightweight team that were too easily brushed aside at times. Then, there were a number of players who were past their prime.

"There were also players, such as Grant Hanley, a centre-back, who were played out of position, while there were a number of unhappy players at the club, such as Chris Samba.

"But there's no use wallowing in self-pity and the club need to move on quickly."

When asked about those comments, Singh said: "My view as a football pundit was to look at it from a critical point of view. Now, as the [club's] global advisor, what I need to do is to be constructive with my views.

"There are areas I think I was right and we can work on those areas.

"I have an opinion about Blackburn Rovers as a football pundit. I have an opinion and a responsibility, as the global advisor, to put my money where my mouth is and try to help the club."
Gotta feel for all the Rovers fans out there. Hate to say it but unless you have a major change in ownership, management etc you could well be playing Macc Town in a few season...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

At this rate Blackburn will be swapping places with Glasgow Rangers. I hear they're after a small English club they can buy and take over. :D
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

More sad news :shock: Alan McDonald: Former Northern Ireland captain dies suddenly
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18562229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Blackburn to sign Danny Murphy on a free ... Good business.
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

... Hodgson Out
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by fried alive »

crad wrote:... Hodgson Out
hahahaha england were poo
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Yes we were, but considering 90% of the nation thought we were shit before the tournament and added to the fact we were playing half the B team we did well to take Italy to penalties.
Why Cole took a penalty is beyond me.
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

We just cant pass the ball.
Supreme effort from the defence,it was one way traffic.
Felt sorry for Cole he has been outstanding in the Euro's,not far off being the best left back around.
Rooney obviously not match fit,his touch was once again found wanting.
Ashley Young would be better as a carpet fitter(always on the floor),kept giving the ball away and should really be at the Olympics with Tom Daly.

As already stated no one expected more but its always bad losing on pens.The future isnt too bad though,Wiltshere to come back,Jones,Welbeck,Chamberlain..Heres to the next World Cup
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
Pete

Post by Pete »

Time to start supporting the nation of my Grandma's birth then...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

So which nation is that then Pepe ? Spain ? Italy ? Germany ? Brazil ?
I suggest you support the nation of YOUR birth.
No matter how bad things may be, no matter how shit we play at times, no matter how often we feel let down you don't turn your back on your national team. You don't decide you don't like them anymore & start supporting someone else.
It doesn't matter where your distant relatives were from, if you were born on English soil then you will always be an Englishman.
And just remember, it maybe a bit hard at times following England, but we'll NEVER be as shit as Scotland !!!
Last edited by Father Jack on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:So which nation is that then Pepe ? Spain ? Italy ? Germany ? Brazil ?
I suggest you support the nation of YOUR birth.
No matter how bad things may be, no matter how shit we play at times, no matter how often we feel let down you don't turn your back on your national team. You don't decide you don't like them anymore & start supporting someone else.
It doesn't matter where your distant relatives were from, if you were born on English soil then you will always be an Englishman.
And just remember, if you think its a bit hard at times following England, we'll NEVER be as shit as Scotland !!!
Well in that case I'm scouse, not English then.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Were you born in Liverpool ?
Pete

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:Were you born in Liverpool ?
Made in Liverpool!

With regard England, I didn't expect anything other than heartbreak and disappointment. Like all tournaments we fluked our way out of the group, got battered by a better team and where lucky to get to penalities. Not one single player seemed to actually want to hold onto the ball. Several players looked way out of their depth or unfit & it was no suprise when we failed again at penalties.

Does it hurt? Of course it flippin' does I am ENGLISH & I am proud of that fact, but it wasn't a really a surprise was it? With Hodgson in charge I imagine it'll be like this for the forseeable future. The FA (UEFA & FIFA TBH) needs to be broken down and rebuilt with actual Football men in charge rather than fat middle aged blokes there for a jolly who have no interest in it. Still no doubt when we play Moldova in the WC qualifiers we'l all be there supporting the team blindly despite the fact that not a lot will have changed...

Anyway football results pale into insignifcance when you read the news that former LFC youth player dies of cancer aged only 23... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18576519" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

I would like to point out that I was born in Aden!!

Anyway, I find it somewhat ironic that the man who symbolises everything that is wrong with English football was the one who missed the final penalty.

I didn't think it was the passing that was the problem - it was the lack of movement off the ball when we had posession that was the problem. Players were stood still instead of moving around and finding the space for the ball to be played to them. I'm afraid Stephen Gerrard was the worst culrpit and I thought central midfield was our biggest problem yesterday.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Pete

Post by Pete »

skinnymartin wrote: I didn't think it was the passing that was the problem - it was the lack of movement off the ball when we had posession that was the problem. Players were stood still instead of moving around and finding the space for the ball to be played to them. I'm afraid Stephen Gerrard was the worst culrpit and I thought central midfield was our biggest problem yesterday.
Which is surely down to the instructions passed on by the manager.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)