Football season 2012/2013

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Re: Football season 2012/2013

Post by tallfruit »

lol as much as i love to see liverpool struggle i really do hope that rodgers is given time to develop the team to his way of thinking, but if results go like this for the next 3 -4 games they will be calling for his head
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

tallfruit wrote:lol as much as i love to see liverpool struggle i really do hope that rodgers is given time to develop the team to his way of thinking, but if results go like this for the next 3 -4 games they will be calling for his head
Given his team selection today he wont last long...
Tbh Dowd as a Ref was poor... Not just saying that because we lost i didn't think he kept up with the game today.
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

tallfruit wrote:lol as much as i love to see liverpool struggle i really do hope that rodgers is given time to develop the team to his way of thinking, but if results go like this for the next 3 -4 games they will be calling for his head
Crad was calling for his head at 3.05pm yesterday. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

crad wrote:
Given his team selection today he wont last long...
Tbh Dowd as a Ref was poor... Not just saying that because we lost i didn't think he kept up with the game today.
Dowd was completely out of his depth & its not the first time he's been utterly clueless either. Agger sending off ? Not in a month of Sundays. If that was worthy of a sending off then Im a fuc*ing frenchman ! Skrtl penalty ? you must be having a laugh. Both laughable & at the same time troubling decisions by an incompetant buffoon.
That said, Downing was nowhere, Johnson as usual was utterly disgraceful & Suarez has proven (to me at least) he couldn't finish from 2 yards with an open goal infront of him.
Allen, Gerrard, Lucas. Kelly & Borini all failed to get into the game, but the most worrying aspect was Rodgers decision to include an already crocked Cole in his squad instead of choosing either Sterling, Suzo, Morgan or Pacheco. All great young players who deserve their chance above yet another highly paid waste of space.
On the plus side the passing was a lot sharper but there still needs to be a lot of work reminding the players that when you pass the ball you actually move forward at the same time.
So in summary, we were piss poor and significant changes are needed in 'certain' areas as 'certain' people just aren't good enough and as a result bring the team to a snail paced attack at best or a dead stop at worst. On this showing nothing has changed since Dalglish was in charge.
Still, its early days & Im willing to give Rodgers the chance he deseerves......

....well, until at least tea time next Sunday after the Man City game. :wink:
crad

Post by crad »

Father Jack wrote:
Crad was calling for his head at 3.05pm yesterday. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:)
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by The Hendon Kiss Army »

I forgot to pop my predicitons on here, last year did pretty well.

I know I am a little late but here goes

Premership - Man Cit yby at least 6 points
Championship - Leicester
League Cup - Tottenham
FA cup - Man City
Champions League - Man City ( or anyone apart form Arsenal & Chelsea :D )
almack
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by almack »

The Hendon Kiss Army wrote:I forgot to pop my predicitons on here, last year did pretty well.

Championship - Leicester
League Cup - Tottenham
FA cup - Man City
All good apart from the championship... That will be Forest in top place with Backburn relegated! (waiting for AMF to give me stick! :lol: )
They try to tell us we don't belong, but that's alright, were millions strong......
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

almack wrote:
The Hendon Kiss Army wrote:I forgot to pop my predicitons on here, last year did pretty well.

Championship - Leicester
League Cup - Tottenham
FA cup - Man City
All good apart from the championship... That will be Forest in top place with Backburn relegated! (waiting for AMF to give me stick! :lol: )
You spelt it wrong on purpose didnt you? :wink:

Double or quits on that elusive tenner for who finishes higher mate??
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Made me smile.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

skinnymartin wrote:Image

Made me smile.
Is that a white flag being waved by the cartoon gooner?? :lol:
almack
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by almack »

acesmiddlefinger wrote:
almack wrote:

Championship - Leicester
League Cup - Tottenham
FA cup - Man City
You spelt it wrong on purpose didnt you? :wink:

Double or quits on that elusive tenner for who finishes higher mate??
With our signings tonight .... Your on!
They try to tell us we don't belong, but that's alright, were millions strong......
crad

Post by crad »

Well done lfc on your new signings :)
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

crad wrote:Well done lfc on your new signings :)
Rumours were rife last night that Pool put a late bid in for West Ham's Andy Carroll... :lol:

Pool offered 4 million for Dempsey,surely an insult.What happens if Suarez gets injured?
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

I thought that the least we should have done was to make an approach for Llorente. Like you say Don we don't have the depth in the squad to cover if someone like Suarez gets injured....or banned for upsetting a c**t like Evra again.
Was also hoping we'd make an approach for Robben. As much as I really hate his gamesmanship & blatant cheating he's the sort of player who can open up defences & score goals. And bringing Kaka in on loan wouldn't have been a bad thing either....if only for the benefit of developing the youth players.
Ive just been looking through the top transfers in Europe & Chelski have spent a mind boggling £100m in this transfer window :shock: :shock:

Thorgan Hazard
undisclosed

Cesar Azpilicueta
9million

Oscar
32million

Victor Moses
11.3million

Marko Marin
8million

Eden Hazard
40million

Bayern Munich went a bit mad as well spending £70m taking with them the player I hoped Liverpool would eventually sign, Shaqiri & we all missed out on Lavezzi as he was snapped up by PSG for £30m.
Reading spent the least in the transfer window by signing all their players on free transfers. Good business if they stay up. Stoke wasted a good £5m on a useless one footed donkey which pleased me no end. Good riddance to bad shit !!
Some interesting transfers in all but the biggest transfer for me is Jordan Rhodes to Blackburn for £8m. Eight fuc*ing million ??? Blackburn ?? Have the chickens finally woken up & realised you're in the wrong league Don ?
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Those prices must be in Euros cos Hazard was £32m, Moses 9m and the others are all overstated. Still big money spent but with 50m in prize money they had some buying power. That's Prize Money, Gooners... Something you get when you invest in your club and win things :lol: :roll:

Should have bought Falcoa after last night.

Loaning Essien to Madrid is a big mistake. Mikel isn't good enough for the holding midfield role and Essien will be missed soon. At least we didn't loan him to Arsenal. Chelsea have big problems in that position and De Jong would have been a good move. The entire Chelsea system is built around that position!!

Liverpool.... Oh dear, 1 injury and they will be as toothless as the Gooners

Villa ... Going down.