W.A.S.P. “30 Years of Thunder” World Tour

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Re: W.A.S.P. “30 Years of Thunder” World Tour

Post by Ma »

I would like to add " Dear Mr.Lawless, next time, you can try and run from me, but you cant hide!! :twisted: "
More about that later lol
almack
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by almack »

Ma wrote:I would like to add " Dear Mr.Lawless, next time, you can try and run from me, but you cant hide!! :twisted: "
More about that later lol
Were you trying to find out if he had a funny birthmark on his diddler? :shock:
They try to tell us we don't belong, but that's alright, were millions strong......
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Hhahahahahaha, she didn't get that close. He saw her, realised who it was, shit his knickers and ran like fu*k to the tour bus. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

almack wrote: Were you trying to find out if he had a funny birthmark on his diddler? :shock:
His difference, its on his difference !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qHRLZhW0r0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPSEEmlsFzU[/youtube]

Never seen a crowd like it !!!
Every single fist in the air, and everyone singing along, they were awesome, i had more fun watching them than watching the band lol :lol:
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Ok then here we go then.

Drove down to Luton at stupid o'clock Friday morning after doing a lovely afternoon shift on Thursday at work. Road works all over the place and ended up getting diverted from the A1 to the M1. Still, with virtually sod all on the road it didn't really matter that much as we got to the airport with plenty of time to spare.
After the usual hilarity of being treated like a potential terrorist and having our boarding passes scrutinised 12 times within 4 yards we managed to board our aluminium sausage and contort ourselves trying to get into our sumptuous seating (with added zero leg room).
Quick 2 hr flight to Madrid, straight through customs without any hassle and then into the Metro ticket centre to negotiate a two day pass each in my eloquent style of Spanish.
Job done and then onwards to get the Metro to our hotel.
What a doddle the Madrid Metro is....and its clean !!! No chavs, no grafitti, no annoying buskers (with the exception of one guy who was so bad it was hilarious). Was very tempted to make a quick stop off at the Bernebau but I'd have probably got my head kicked in by the boss.
Anyhoo, got off the metro and walked straight past our hotel even though it had 40ft high illuminated letters scaling the outside of the building. After hiding my obvious embarassment with a bit of shouting we back tracked to where we should have been and got checked in. Very posh hotel on the Gran Via (the Madrid equivalent of the west end) with a view to die for......if you enjoy looking directly onto the adjacent building. Still, who cares about such trivial minuti when you've already been up a good 26 hours ?
After a quick shower we went for some food in a restaurant I'd spotted online. A load of calamari for me & a chicken salad for Ma plus a few swift slurps then we decided it was high time we got to the venue.
And then the heaven's opened !!
Managed to flag down a cab and after some more fantastic chit chat with the driver we were off to La Riviera.
A quick note here, the taxi's in Madrid are dirt cheap. It cost about £4 to take us the 2km from hotel to venue. Excellent value.
Stood in the queue with a load of spotty oiks drinking awful smelling beer & getting wet directly alongside the wasp tour bus. It was funny when Mike Duda poked his nose out from behind the door and no one even recognised him. He did look like a vagrant though in his sweat pants and tatty clothes.
No hassle at all collecting the tickets, got back in the queue and then met mr knobhead doorman who demanded to see Ma's id even though there were plenty of young kids waltzing past. I explained to mr knobhead we don't carry passports when going to concerts, then he wanted to see my id. What a fuc*ing fat prick.
Some negotiating later and a few pleasantries thrown in for good measure he managed to shuffle his obese carcass out the way and we barged our way in (whilst offering a few well chosen English phrases).
A word of warning....do not buy alcohol at La Riviera. Pryomessiah tipped us off about this a few months ago and Im glad I took his advise. €25 for two pints of very bad lager.....thankfully I didn't buy it.
Wasp came on to a HUGE ovation from the crowd & they were the loudest crowd Ive heard in a venue that size for years. From the very first chords of On Your Knees to the final song, Blind In Texas they went mad.
I can remember what the concert going rock fans in Madrid are like from previous DTK visits but this was something else. Ive not witnessed a crowd get into a band like this since the good old days before camera phones & all the other claptrap you see hoisted into the air at UK shows. The fans made this show for me. From the front of the stage to the very back of the venue they were all going mad. The band were on top form too making this the best out of the 3 shows we've seen on this tour. The sound was fantastic too. The whole show seemed to be over in a flash we enjoyed it so much.
We decided to leave half way through Blind In Texas so we could do a spot of stalking & get a cab before a Pamplona style stampede from the inhabitants.
And then the heaven's opened again !
Blackie emerged from the stage door flanked by two huge minders looking more like Mother Teresa than a rock star with a towel wrapped around his head & one around his face. Through his self made burkha he spotted Ma, obviously remembered her from previous stalkings and almost pushed over one of his minders in an attempt to get onto the tour bus quicker.
The look of terror in his eyes was worth the soaking alone !!
Anyhoo, we decided to get a cab back to the hotel and then nipped next door for a quick snack....and another slurp or two, then headed off to bed for a nice 5 hour sleep before making our way back to the airport.
Got back to the UK at noon on Saturday & home at almost 4pm.
Overall I would recommend Madrid for a kissinuk Euro meet up next year should kiss choose to play here, though if they do we won't be doing another one day jaunt again. We'll be there for a few days.
A great city where everyone with the exception of one fat doorman is friendly & helpful, easy to negotiate & where they love seeing live bands.
6 Bays out of 5
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

Father Jack wrote:The look of terror in his eyes was worth the soaking alone !!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

:lol: :lol: what a load of shite.

I was actually thinking, can he sing? when it started and then he hits you with the answer :lol: :lol: :lol: this makes Aces chip shop oil chopper promo vid look professional.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Where's your Paris show review Andrew ?
neilramone
Destroyer (1976)

Post by neilramone »

Re: Blackie's Christianity selling: Surely if he brought back F.. Like a Beast,drinking blood,nuns,& slicing up the odd pig now & then he would sell more tkts at gigs ,Holmes proving he's full of shit as usual. :roll:
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Maybe in the states wasp don't sell many tickets which is why they probably spend most of their time in Europe.
Last time I saw Chris Holmes there couldn't have been more than 40 people at the show.
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

W.A.S.P. in the states is in a complete different ballpark to Europe and not a good one either! They've been playing to approx 400 in LA and tonnes of seedy venues which are better described as cafes in between.
Unbelievable really that they haven't had distribution on the past couple of albums there either (definitely Dominator anyway).

This tour was amazing. Seens as I missed out on Madrid and really wanted to get there and hang with FatherJack & MrsFatherJack I'm looking forward to W.A.S.P. returning in the spring/summer with the new album and the tour continuing!

I heard that Chris Holmes video clip is supposed to be a joke....I hope so anyway. Listened to the sample of the same song on Facebook and its completely different. The samples can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Artisthe ... hingtolose

Nothing ground breaking but seems like there maybe a few cool tracks.
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

These clips sound pretty good.

'All fu*ked Up'
'Nothing To Lose'
'Way To Be'
'A-flat Minor'

Kind of demo quality and he needs a singer but hmmm...