Football season 2012/2013

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Kev

Re: Football season 2012/2013

Post by Kev »

FK OFF PULIS.
Penant never dives, Etherington never dives, Mr wobbley fkr Crouch never dives do they.God i hate that cap wearing twot.
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Post by tallfruit »

got to be honest it was stupid thing for suarez to do, why say he dived to the press he knows its going to blow up, why are all footballers so bloody stupid lol
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

He didn't say it to our press at all. It was to a south American tv channel. As usual our media jump on the wrong end of the stick & get covered in shit.
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Father Jack wrote:He didn't say it to our press at all. It was to a south American tv channel. As usual our media jump on the wrong end of the stick & get covered in shit.
What do you mean by 'wrong end of the stick'? From what I've read he says he is singled out because he is South American (he must lurk on this site :lol: ) even though there is no evidence of that for any other South Americans over here and then said he gets accused of cheating and in the Stoke game he did cheat. Looks black and white to me. Hardly a scandal though, just a daft, needless thing to say from a player who has no idea of how to, or desire to improve his image.
starchildmark
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by starchildmark »

He actually said he falls, he never said dive, you could say same difference.

I dont agree with any forms of cheating, but i think the Refs have a lot to do with the diving issue, how many times have you seen a clear cut Pen but because the player didnt go down it was not given, so the players feel if they go down they have more chance of getting the shout.

And then we have players that just dive to cheat, the way Southampton beat Villa recently was shocking, and if i was a Villa fan i would have been gutted, at the bottom of the League all points are important and if Villa go down by the odd point, i would be pointing fingers at that game.
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

starchildmark wrote:He actually said he falls, he never said dive, you could say same difference.

I dont agree with any forms of cheating, but i think the Refs have a lot to do with the diving issue, how many times have you seen a clear cut Pen but because the player didnt go down it was not given, so the players feel if they go down they have more chance of getting the shout.
Absolutely agree with this. One of the things that has changed over the years is that penalties are only ever given if a player falls over - hence, players fall over. If refs started to give penalties for fouls rather than falls - and try to play advantage before giving a penalty we could solve much of this (not all).
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Perhaps Suarez was trying to stir up anti British feeling in Argentina. He probably went even further than what he actually said and probabaly gave his full support to crackpot cock chomping President, Cristina Fernandez De Kirchner and her mental plans to retake Las Malvinas.
You never know with this Suarez character. He's been accused of everything else from fake moon landings to the sinking of the Titanic. :roll:
He could be the secret Russian assassin in the Alexander Litvinenko case. Or even the son of Hitler (after he escaped his bunker & fled to south america).....we'll see what the S*n comes up with over the next few days. :lol:
starchildmark

Post by starchildmark »

Kev wrote:FK OFF PULIS.
Penant never dives, Etherington never dives, Mr wobbley fkr Crouch never dives do they.God i hate that cap wearing twot.
also he coaches his players to block defenders on corners, you could say that is unfair
starchildmark

Post by starchildmark »

Saints sack Adkins

Bloody hell i didnt see that coming.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21079956
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Post by tallfruit »

especially afte the result in the week, but that footy for you ,as for the diving issue to be honest i think the game as progressed to a level now that it is too fast for refs to keep up with the game, these players are moving so quickly its impossible in a split second to make the correct decision all the time, look at bale hes been booked numerous times for diving and nearly everytime there has been contact, they need to do something to help the refs out
starchildmark

Post by starchildmark »

tallfruit wrote:especially afte the result in the week, but that footy for you ,as for the diving issue to be honest i think the game as progressed to a level now that it is too fast for refs to keep up with the game, these players are moving so quickly its impossible in a split second to make the correct decision all the time, look at bale hes been booked numerous times for diving and nearly everytime there has been contact, they need to do something to help the refs out
good point mate, the best way for me is the FA to give out bans after video evidence has been viewed over a weekend. but they may have their hands tied under FiFa regulations.

And i hope Saints go down, shame on you Southampton
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

It is too fast for the refs, however, players have got so good at hoodwinking officials these days a ref really does have to be at the very top of his game to see exactly what goes on.
Todays players have had their whole lives to study the art of cheating, whereas when football was played by men if you cheated you got kicked into row Z for doing so. Now, if you breath near some players they'll roll around like their dodging land mines and act as though they've just been cut down in a hail of bullets....or try to gain an advantage using some other nefarious means.
There are the exceptions however, not many, but there are exceptions. Scholes is one, as is Lampard & Carragher.
fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by fried alive »

starchildmark wrote:Saints sack Adkins

Bloody hell i didnt see that coming.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21079956
that is shocking mark
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Rafa the master tactician's team talk today "it will be cold, they won't like it and they will take ages to warm up"

As I've said before, Rafa out but at least he doesn't wear a sleeping bag. :D
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

By sleeping bag I presume you mean big slipper :lol: