Football season 2012/2013

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Pete

Re: Football season 2012/2013

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:Still, well done Lampard. I hope whoever comes in as "interim" manager next season sees sense & keeps him at the club. A valuable player who's worthy of a good few more seasons in the top flight at least.
I don't think the manager (Interim or not) has any say on who stays & who goes within CFC...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

tallfruit wrote:yeh to be honest i think chelsea have underachieved this year, dont get me wrong 3rd place is not a bad season but i honestly believe they have the best squad in the league,mata,hazzard,oscar,ramires,lampard,torres(who everyone has a go at but i think has had a really good season) i could go on but apart from a few probs in defence they should have won the league this year, some of their play has been outstanding, i think it will be their year next year.

and as for lampard you have to take your hat off to the guy hes been a great pro and to score that many goals from midfield is an amazing feat, not many top goalscoring records for any team come from a midfielder
All fair points but if you shoot yourself in the foot repeatedly life will always be tougher than it needs to be. Sacking a legend and replacing him with an Alien (that waddles), relying on 1 striker for the first half of a 69 game season and 2 for the second half and choosing to put faith in Mikel (DiMatteos big mistake) rather than Ramirez, Lampard, Luiz or even Essien to hold midfield were 3 massive mistakes that Im sure Jose won't be making next season. :D

As for Frank, the Chelsea scoring record is great but 10+ Premier League goals for 10 consecutive seasons is a massive achievement.

As for Torres, I'd have been happy with 20 at the start of the season and that is what he has got.

Jose in, Frank in, Terry out to Galatasaray with Rooney.
Last edited by AxeBass on Mon May 13, 2013 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Pete wrote:
Father Jack wrote:Still, well done Lampard. I hope whoever comes in as "interim" manager next season sees sense & keeps him at the club. A valuable player who's worthy of a good few more seasons in the top flight at least.
I don't think the manager (Interim or not) has any say on who stays & who goes within CFC...
If you are correct then Roman deserves a big hand for building a double winning team, 3 league champions, european champions, 4 fa cup winners and a few other tin pot bits that Arsenal can't get close to, in the last 10 years with no input from any of his managers. Lets hope he keeps it up .....
Pete

Post by Pete »

AxeBass wrote:
Pete wrote:
If you are correct then Roman deserves a big hand for building a double winning team, 3 league champions, european champions, 4 fa cup winners and a few other tin pot bits that Arsenal can't get close to, in the last 10 years with no input from any of his managers. Lets hope he keeps it up .....

Did Ancelloti want Torres? Jose want Shevchenko? Roman definitley has his fingers in more pies than most owners do..
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Pete wrote:Did Ancelloti want Torres? Jose want Shevchenko? Roman definitley has his fingers in more pies than most owners do...
Good!
starchildmark
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by starchildmark »

Chelsea do get a lot of stick about how Roman runs them, and I must admit i find the sacking as endless managers a bit harsh, but I do like watching Chelsea play, you always get a good game to watch as a neutral and you can not argue with the success,

As all clubs fans from the outside see it different than fans supporting the club in question, I am sure most Chelsea fans couldnt give a scooby how they got to be European champions. while the rest of the premier league was slagging them off, they had the European cup at Stamford Bridge.

and chant of the week has to be

Chelsea: we know what we are, we know what we are, European champions we know what we are.
Spurs: You only got one song,
Chelsea: you only got one player

classic love football banter
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Change of subject but are there any Hull supporters on here? If so did this piss you off ...... ???? The look of pride on his fat face made me want to punch him more than normal. Nothing against Hull but I hope by Xmas he is carrying a cardboard box with his framed photos of Sir Alex out of football management forever.

starchildmark

Post by starchildmark »

I was just happy how well Byran Robson looked after his horrid illness, never gave Bruce a second thought.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Yes, it was good to see Robson. He still looks very poorly though. As for Bruce & Hull, well living across the water from that dump I hope they achieve the worst points total in the history of the Premier League.......just a point above Gollum's Utd that is !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Post by tallfruit »

i know axebass hates benitez and as a utd fan so did i the liverpool link is all it takes lol,

but to be honest he has won me over with the way he has handled himself at chelsea, hes had nothing but hassle from the fans since he got there,hes got them 3rd place which looked a mile off under matteo, hes got torres playing well again something no one else could do, hes dropped terry and stopped him running the side and despite all the shit from the fans and the constant quetions about his position from the media,he has never gone on the attack and dealt with it all with a great degree of humour.

hats off to him
almack
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by almack »

Father Jack wrote:Yes, it was good to see Robson. He still looks very poorly though. As for Bruce & Hull, well living across the water from that dump I hope they achieve the worst points total in the history of the Premier League.......just a point above Gollum's Utd that is !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I dont want any team to beat Derby's heroic record of the worst team in Premier League history... what was it, 12pts or something? :lol:
They try to tell us we don't belong, but that's alright, were millions strong......
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Bye bye Mancini...I think we could all see this coming.
Rafa for the citeh job ??
Pete

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:Bye bye Mancini...I think we could all see this coming.
Rafa would be perfect for City. Knows how to handle the ego's, gets the best out of players, good european experience, pisses Ferige & Moyes off big style & has plenty of Premier league experience...

However I think he'll go abroad.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
starchildmark

Post by starchildmark »

Pete wrote:
Rafa would be perfect for City. Knows how to handle the ego's, gets the best out of players, good european experience, pisses Ferige & Moyes off big style & has plenty of Premier league experience...

Maybe not
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22506736
Pete

Post by Pete »

starchildmark wrote:
Pete wrote:

Maybe not
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22506736

Saw that. Still think he'll go abroad...(more by necessity than choice though).
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)