The Originals II (1978)

Re: Very Important

Post by fox~fan »

Maybe you should ask him for some Father Jack :twisted:
TONYSOUTH
Alive II (1977)

Post by TONYSOUTH »

Father Jack wrote:Actually fellows, gout is caused by the build up of uric acid within the joints. This acid then crystalizes to inflame the joints and causes immense pain.
Gout is often diagnosed instead of arthritis as both are very similar, which is what happened to me. In the end I had the first 3 metatarsal bones in my right foot fused to stop the spread of the arthritis. At some point soon I have to have the same done on the left foot. I've had both knees flushed out to stop the onset of uric crystals which has helped no end with moving around.
Gout is usually confined to one specific area, the big toe & I don't envy anyone with gout as it must be utterly horrendous & drive you to the point of wanting to hack the inflamed area off just to relieve the excruciating pain.
I have to take allopurinol for the rest of my life to prevent uric acid build up in my joints but thanks to the surgery & these metabolic slowing pills I've not had a problem since.

Medical lesson for tomorrow is how did we all evolve from apes yet Plug still hasn't.
Father Jack you are f00king right it is very painful and I get it about 3 times a year :mad:
This is only my opinion… it is neither right nor wrong (but my lovely wife tells me I'm always wrong)!

Kev

Post by Kev »

Father Jack wrote:Actually fellows, gout is caused by the build up of uric acid within the joints. This acid then crystalizes to inflame the joints and causes immense pain.
Gout is often diagnosed instead of arthritis as both are very similar, which is what happened to me. In the end I had the first 3 metatarsal bones in my right foot fused to stop the spread of the arthritis. At some point soon I have to have the same done on the left foot. I've had both knees flushed out to stop the onset of uric crystals which has helped no end with moving around.
Gout is usually confined to one specific area, the big toe & I don't envy anyone with gout as it must be utterly horrendous & drive you to the point of wanting to hack the inflamed area off just to relieve the excruciating pain.
I have to take allopurinol for the rest of my life to prevent uric acid build up in my joints but thanks to the surgery & these metabolic slowing pills I've not had a problem since.

Medical lesson for tomorrow is how did we all evolve from apes yet Plug still hasn't.

Danny Joseph Merrick James.
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Ah, The Gout Thread, nice. I can sympathise with this, often wake up with terrible pains in my feet, mainly the big toes. By the time I get to the doctors I’ve taken enough painkillers and anti-inflammatories to be able to walk and they’ve always said “Sounds like gout”. Last week I didn’t take the tablets so I could show them the swelling and where the pain was, “Looks like gout”, they said and I got referred to the hospital for blood tests and an x-ray. Get the results today. Gout or arthritis, neither is any good.
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Kev wrote:

Danny Joseph Merrick James.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Stupid lizard :roll:
TONYSOUTH
Alive II (1977)

Post by TONYSOUTH »

Frehley75 wrote:Ah, The Gout Thread, nice. I can sympathise with this, often wake up with terrible pains in my feet, mainly the big toes. By the time I get to the doctors I’ve taken enough painkillers and anti-inflammatories to be able to walk and they’ve always said “Sounds like gout”. Last week I didn’t take the tablets so I could show them the swelling and where the pain was, “Looks like gout”, they said and I got referred to the hospital for blood tests and an x-ray. Get the results today. Gout or arthritis, neither is any good.
It started has "I cut my front garden hedge" thread by Madmark, but that was far to interesting and very important information, so I got excited and had to tell everyone about my boring Gout problem :wink: However the blood tests will tell them if you do have Gout if so good luck :mrgreen:
This is only my opinion… it is neither right nor wrong (but my lovely wife tells me I'm always wrong)!

madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

My hedge still looks lovely and shows no signs of gout at the moment , although a few of the leaves look a bit rough , so I may well take a couple for a blood test or two at the weekend to see if anybody has sprayed Uric acid over them.. :shock:
Ziggy played guitar...or was it Ronson?
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Our hedge blew down a few months ago......sorry, that was the fence
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

Father Jack wrote:Our hedge blew down a few months ago......sorry, that was the fence
Easy mistake to make ,both basically made of wood , only one is possibly a bit greener than the other....? :)
TONYSOUTH
Alive II (1977)

Post by TONYSOUTH »

madmark wrote:
Father Jack wrote:Our hedge blew down a few months ago......sorry, that was the fence
Easy mistake to make ,both basically made of wood , only one is possibly a bit greener than the other....? :)

I am taking an a fence about this thread :roll:

starchildmark
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by starchildmark »

madmark wrote:
unless the fence is painted green :)
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

:lol:
starchildmark wrote:
madmark wrote:
unless the fence is painted green :)
....One "naturally" greener than the other... (What sort of a conversation is this!!!! :lol: )
fox~fan
The Originals II (1978)

Post by fox~fan »

Hmmm, im on the fence about that one :wink:
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

fox~fan wrote:Hmmm, im on the fence about that one :wink:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Oh Dear......... :D