Smoking behind the wheel.

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
ric k iss
The Originals II (1978)

Post by ric k iss »

actually not true about the ban on smoking in a company car if you can prove only you drive it - i.e self employed etc etc. however the most ridiculous thing i've heard yet and i'm unsure if it is true is the fact that if you as a homeowner have, for example, the gas man due to come to service your cooker your house then becomes a work place and you cannot smoke inside your own house while he is there! i'm sure it may even be for 2 hours before he is due but i'm not 100%.i have had a load of info from the council to do for work (signs up on all entrances etc etc) but i don't have any smokers at work so i've not really read it...however it is also for the benefit of visitors etc and considering most of the lorries that deliver to me are from the czech republic (my m.d is czech) i don't think i'll make them understand 'cos they all wear white socks wooden clogs and smoke the vilest smelling camelshit fags and you tell me how i can tell them the rules :shock:
Gary5150
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by Gary5150 »

kissmandave wrote:
Gary5150 wrote:Hitler tried the same thing back in the 1930's. And look what he tried next.
We already have a government that backs the criminals more than the victim. Human rights, well it's mine to smoke if I want. I pay enough in tax on fags to pay for my share of the health service bill.

In short Balls. I have my own company, so does that mean I have to stop smoking in MY VAN, when the only person in it, is me, who smokes????
I dont even agree with the ban on driving and talking on the phone. It's all bollocks, I have never been the cause of an accident, and I drive whilst eating smoking touching myself and alsorts!!..
:shock:
Sorry old son - when the smoking ban comes into force the enforcers WILL give you an on the spot fine if you are caught smoking in a liveried company vehicle :lol:
HA HA I knew it was a good idea not to get the van all signed up!!!! :lol:
If its worth doing well, shout at someone else untill they do it right
Pete

Post by Pete »

ric k iss wrote:actually not true about the ban on smoking in a company car if you can prove only you drive it - i.e self employed etc etc. however the most ridiculous thing i've heard yet and i'm unsure if it is true is the fact that if you as a homeowner have, for example, the gas man due to come to service your cooker your house then becomes a work place and you cannot smoke inside your own house while he is there! i'm sure it may even be for 2 hours before he is due but i'm not 100%.i have had a load of info from the council to do for work (signs up on all entrances etc etc) but i don't have any smokers at work so i've not really read it...however it is also for the benefit of visitors etc and considering most of the lorries that deliver to me are from the czech republic (my m.d is czech) i don't think i'll make them understand 'cos they all wear white socks wooden clogs and smoke the vilest smelling camelshit fags and you tell me how i can tell them the rules :shock:
http://www.smokefreeengland.co.uk/
Perhaps this will help....
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Well it looks as though a smoke free future is going to happen & with the latest findings stating that oral sex gives you cancer, is there anything left that we CAN actually do without some train spotting virgin telling us its bad for us ?
Sigh !
Welcome to the UK. The place where everyone is wrapped in cotton wool !
kissmandave
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by kissmandave »

Father Jack wrote:Well it looks as though a smoke free future is going to happen & with the latest findings stating that oral sex gives you cancer, is there anything left that we CAN actually do without some train spotting virgin telling us its bad for us ?
Sigh !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some guy

I am the legalised scourge and pillar of society we all love...............PERFECT
Pete

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:Well it looks as though a smoke free future is going to happen & with the latest findings stating that oral sex gives you cancer, is there anything left that we CAN actually do without some train spotting virgin telling us its bad for us ?
Sigh !

Unless you're muslim and it's against your beliefs...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

Father Jack wrote:with the latest findings stating that oral sex gives you cancer
I just read that too.....
Bang goes all my freetime....and my 'persona' then!! :shock:

Sod that.... there are some things I ain't EVER gonna stop...! ;)
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
Karl
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Karl »

How is the Government going to make up the £££ it will loose from people not smoking as many cigs though???
The Hendon Kiss Army wrote:and having recently come back from Jersey it was a delight to have a meal out without any stale smoke anywhere. Most publicans in Jersey have seen a huge upturn in people dining out.
Should have let me know you were coming over, we could have had a few pints.
As for the restuarants having more custom, I think that is a bit of spin.
Quite a few pubs are struggling for business now, and I don't think it will be long before we loose a few of them :?
Not that I am worried about that, I can't afford to go drinking in pubs :cry:
Scottish_Connection
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by Scottish_Connection »

Father Jack wrote:10. Wow, its just like myspace, there's nothing here !!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
17853 miles and counting - a personal Odyssey
1822 miles and counting - another Odyssey?
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Karl wrote:How is the Government going to make up the £££ it will loose from people not smoking as many cigs though???

Easy, One word......BOOZE !!!!
Scottish_Connection
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by Scottish_Connection »

On a more serious note, as a non-smoker I've been loving the smoking ban in Scotland. It is so refreshing to go home from a gig and not have to put every last thing I've been wearing in the washing machine when I get home. (That said, when you go see DTK you still go home smelling strange - it's just pyro smoke and not ciggie smoke!) And to be able to choose any seat in a restaurant without looking to see where it is in relation to the smoking section is fab.

Banning smoking behind the wheel? Think this is going too far. I do however whole heartedly agree with the ban on using a mobile phone whilst driving. The number of times I've had to take evasive action thanks to idiotic driving and then spotted the driver has a mobile phone firmly stuck to their ear is unbelievable. It happens so often I'm starting to think that mobile phones send out signals to the brain of the drivers using them that render my car completely invisble. :x
17853 miles and counting - a personal Odyssey
1822 miles and counting - another Odyssey?
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

I sympathise with the two sides of this discussion.

Smoking is an addiction and it's hard for people to give up straight away - also it dgrades them to "go outiside" for a fag (cig - for our US forumees benefit)

But on the other hand - some of the dens I frequent are now so clean - sometimes when you opened a door the fag smoke would encircle you.
Now you go in there - you can see the other end of the bar.

Wales went no smoking on April the 1st. You have strong opinions on either side.

I don't smoke (stunts my growth - boom, boom) - used to in my teen years. Have smoked a few joints in College. But it's not for me.
raydeen
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by raydeen »

Father Jack wrote:I wholeheartedly agree that banning smoking in public places should be banned. I am now part of the vast minority who still smokes & I believe it will be a good thing in the long run. Hell, it might even make me quit before the cancer gets me.
I too despise people who smoke whilst others are eating. Thats just plain selfish & ignorant. One thing I really hate to see & something I would never dream of doing myself is to smoke around children. As adults we can always walk away from someone who's getting on your nerves by belching out noxious fumes, but kids have to stay around their parents & can't just go elsewhere. Plus, to subject a child to second hand smoke is just about the most irresponsible & retarded thing an adult could do health wise.
Taxi drivers ARE being banned from smoking in their vehicles, thats a fact ! My friend who's a cabbie told me of this the other day. They can't even smoke when they're not at work incase the car smells.
The nanny state government should really get its priorities right first though. Here is a short list of problem issues that I believe are far more obnoxious than smoking whilst driving:
1. Teenagers being allowed to drive anything more powerful than a twist & go moped
2. Noise pollution from morons blasting out vile dance music whilst driving
3. Women applying make up whilst driving
4. Women talking to the person next to them whilst driving
5. Old people struggling to get out of first gear on empty country roads & causing miles of tail backs
6. Caravans !!! Nuff said here
7. People braking for no apparent reason instead of just taking their foot off the gas
8. Insurance dodgers, ie:chavs, immigrants
9. People who empty the contents of their car onto the road instead of a bin
10. Wow, its just like myspace, there's nothing here !!
11. Big fluffy dice hanging from rear view mirrors. Spot the virgin !!!
12. Anyone with a 'Child on Board' sticker in their back window. Its just a statement to let everyone know your a shit driver & only passed your test because you gave the examiner a blow job.
13. Car tax. Another excuse to rob us blind
14. People hogging the central lane on the motorway. Wankers !!
15. Asian drivers. Just try following one, you'll quickly see why !!!
16. Tractors on the road. Farmers have no need to use public roads. They do it solely out of spite at peak hours because they all hate us townies & we don't understand their ways.
17. Anyone who drives a 4x4 in an urban enviroment. Its not my fault you have to compensate for having a small penis !
18. People who drive those poxy flid cars that look like a squashed fiat uno. Ban them immediately !
19. Kids waving at you from the car infront. Then giving you the bird when you snarl & go past them. Horrible little tw*t, ship them all off to Iraq post haste.
20. People who pull over at layby's so their kids can take a piss in full view of everyone driving past. Cheers for that you dirty feckers !!
Vote for this guy. :D
The quality goes in before the name goes on.
Pete

Re: Smoking behind the wheel.

Post by Pete »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7017543.stm

Ahem....Dear People of Britain,

This is your government speaking.
We have decided that you're all too thick to look after yourselves so we're introducing some more rules to keep you safe...

I really want to leave this place (the UK) now.... :(
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
kissmandave
Gene Simmons (1978)

Re: Smoking behind the wheel.

Post by kissmandave »

Pete wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7017543.stm

Ahem....Dear People of Britain,

This is your government speaking.
We have decided that you're all too thick to look after yourselves so we're introducing some more rules to keep you safe...

I really want to leave this place (the UK) now.... :(
I can make an excuse with the good lady - what about you lot :?:

Shall we just all pack a few things and go on a camping trip ALA Carry On style round the world and see if the freedom makes a difference :?: :wink:

I am the legalised scourge and pillar of society we all love...............PERFECT