What are you listening to right now...?

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
kissmandave
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by kissmandave »

Pete wrote:
kissmandave wrote:Its Payday - the one day of the month where I can listen to the sound of cash jingling in my pocket before the good lady enforces her superiority over me!!!!!!!!! :P

:lol: :lol:

I know that feeling!!!
Tee Hee :lol: :P

I am the legalised scourge and pillar of society we all love...............PERFECT
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

dtkdemongene wrote:Adam & The Ants - 'Kings Of The Wild Frontier' & 'Prince Charming' 8)
8) 8)

The new Manics (can't get the single out of head). Also delved into the old stuff a bit - "Lipstick Traces", the b-sides collection. Some great stuff here, "Judge Y'Self", "Prologue To History", and "Mr Carbohydrate" amongst it. The latter featuring the line:

"Have you heard Of Matthew Maynard? He's my favourite cricketer.
I would rather watch him play than pick up my guitar"

Wonderful...
Lost Angel
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Post by Lost Angel »

Interesting. Looking at the other thread on here I would have thought a fair few of you would have been listening to Girls Aloud :shock:

Adam and the Ants KOFWF now theres a brilliant track from the past. Press Darlings was also a great track. I remember proudly walking down the King's Road with my mohawk and Adam t.shirt. Brilliant band until they sold out big time with the Prince Charming stuff.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Lost Angel wrote:Interesting. Looking at the other thread on here I would have thought a fair few of you would have been listening to Girls Aloud :shock: .
I don't think it's the 'music' (used in the loosest of terms) of Girls Aloud they appreciate.... ;) :D
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

Lost Angel wrote:Adam and the Ants KOFWF now theres a brilliant track from the past. Press Darlings was also a great track. I remember proudly walking down the King's Road with my mohawk and Adam t.shirt. Brilliant band until they sold out big time with the Prince Charming stuff.
IMHO, I don't see it like that. From what I can gather Adam never saw himself as a 'punk' in the same way as many others.... he was always much more interested in pushing the envelope with his music... which is what he did with KOTWF and Prince Charming. I loved the mix of instruments, brass, tribal drums etc that he experimented with during this period. Both are great albums and IMO much better than Dirk Wears White Sox or the other early stuff (though there are some exceptions (Cartrouble/Kick, Press Darlings, Deutscher Girls...) 8)

I was also lucky enough to see him live on the 'Prince Charming Review' tour at the Dominion Theatre. Brilliant gig! :P :P
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
Lost Angel
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Post by Lost Angel »

I don't think it's the 'music' (used in the loosest of terms) of Girls Aloud they appreciate....
:lol: No I didn't think it was their music that was the attraction somehow. I am sure the girls themselves don't quite see it like that though. I am sure they consider themselves serious artistes. :?

Mr. Demongene, I can see your point. Being a punk in the early 80's Adam and the Antz were mega in teh punk world, I don't really recall Adam having a particular direction he was taking back then or maybe its because I was just interested in the music rather than the politics at teh time. I guess for me its more a case of I hate it when bands sell out and become commercial. The same thing applied for me with bands like The Damned when they went to No. 1 with Eloise. They lost it, they lost their appeal somehow in a way. I still loved Vanian but the fact they had gone 'public' spoiled it. Same thing with U2 and The Cure.

Any news on Adam these days? Last I heard he wasn't too good.
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Pete wrote:
Lost Angel wrote:Interesting. Looking at the other thread on here I would have thought a fair few of you would have been listening to Girls Aloud :shock: .
I don't think it's the 'music' (used in the loosest of terms) of Girls Aloud they appreciate.... ;) :D
Well, I have "The Sound Of Girls Aloud" Greatest Hits on me ipod.
Glazzman
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Post by Glazzman »

I'm about to hit the sack as soon as Dimmu Borgir has finished Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse
- Glazzman -
kevunmasked
Alive II (1977)

Post by kevunmasked »

Frehley75 wrote:
The new Manics (can't get the single out of head)....

Same here. Liked it so much I ordered it (enhanced version w/ video + 3 other tracks) & it arrived today Yay!

Nina Persson is just lovely. Girls Aloud, I wouldn't open my curtains to see, but Nina - MmmmHmmm

Now off to watch the cup final (Prediction Man.U 2 - Chelski 1)
:)
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

Lost Angel wrote:Any news on Adam these days? Last I heard he wasn't too good.
He wrote his autobiography recently which is a VERY interesting read.... he had a rough upbringing and always suffered from depression and bi-polar disorder. His music and performance was what concentrated his mind and fended off his mental health problems for so many years....
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

kevunmasked wrote:
Frehley75 wrote:
The new Manics (can't get the single out of head)....

Same here. Liked it so much I ordered it (enhanced version w/ video + 3 other tracks) & it arrived today Yay!

Nina Persson is just lovely. Girls Aloud, I wouldn't open my curtains to see, but Nina - MmmmHmmm

Now off to watch the cup final (Prediction Man.U 2 - Chelski 1)
:)

I really hope the prediction comes through (love Corrie, hate Eastenders) but I reckon Chelsea will nick it in the dying of moments extra time. Still, fingers crossed. :D
The Dant
Love Gun (1977)

Post by The Dant »

New Rush album 'Snakes And Arrows' - a vast improvement on Vapour Trails, in terms of both tunes and especially production (Foo Fighters' producer geezer at the controls it seems)

Peart still in majestic drumming form - and that DW kit of his does sound lovely! ;) ;)

Roll on the October tour!!

Ian
3-)
(Pete in DTK)
http://www.iandanter.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are now the knights who say...ekky ekky ekky f'tang woop longerlmmmmmmmn...........ni
Dwight Fry
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by Dwight Fry »

The Jam - greatest hits!
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Frehley 75 and KISSUnamsked - I real like the Manics album. It's back to Everything Must Go - I reckon. Nicky and James have released their solo albums and seem to be more focused. To me Lifelblood is not a good album - listened to it - about three times.

Underdogs (2nd track off Send away the tigers) is awesome.

Adam and the Ants. Back in 1994/95 - Adam Ant visited Aber. He was a special guest at the Welsh Film Festival and he came into the Library to research - Dylan Thomas. Everyone was talking about him - but said nothing - I went up to him and took him for a coffee. Great guy - we chatted for about 1/4 hour and he went to do his research - met up in town later to talk about. He had a readers ticket - Stuart ....... a top bloke who has had his share of troubles.
fox~fan
The Originals II (1978)

Post by fox~fan »

Hungry like the wolf - Duran Duran :D