T-shirts, t-shirts, t-shirts .....

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

T-shirts, t-shirts, t-shirts .....

Post by Dan bach »

Have been through my KISS shirt collection - 3 drawers full ......

Flippin' heck!

In the good olde days - I used to buy a prog and a shirt at the gig and wear the shirt to death ...... also everytime I went to London with school or whatever i would buy a shirt from HMV Oxford Street ... these are now - showing their age ...

But since the reunion - I have been buying a shed load of shirts ..... Donington, Brum 1996, Psycho Cricus, Farewell and the gigs go on - I rarely wear these shirts - a sense of keep them prestene!

But my Lick It Up tank shirt, my HMV Creatures shirt - the Crazy Nights black with red writing are, the white HITS shirt that was sold over here on the Revenge tour .... ( I could cry here) wearing out .....

Thought I would share my thoughts - If anyone has a size medium or large Creatures shirt from HMV going begging PM - I love that shirt .... mine has holes ... boo hoo ..... :cry: :cry: :cry:
sweetpain
Alive II (1977)

Re: T-shirts, t-shirts, t-shirts .....

Post by sweetpain »

Got one :!:
You are welcome to try it
MY LOVE WILL DRIVE YOU INSANE!!
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Are you sure - Sweet Pain,

It's me now drooling with anticipation .......

Will PM you .... thanks in advance .......
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Ah the great tshirt debate,to wear or not to wear.........
Ive always been proud to let everyone know that im a KISS fan so while working for 19years in my factory job i wore a different KISS t shirt every day.Unfortunately with sparks flying and sharp metal everywhere a lot of them are in holes(doesnt stop me wearing them though).That said i do wish that some of the older stuff i have was in better condition.
I really like the new range of t's that KOL has just put out,the Creatures one is a must have,however the idiots at KOL apart from charging shipping also didnt mark my last order as a gift so i paid 11.82 in customs charges for dirt cheap tshirts,thus losing out on a bargain.....
P.S.....Billy dont forget i promised to wear my Frehleys Comet tshirt at the next meet up,thats if it doesnt fall to bits when i put it on!!! :wink:
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
Pete

Post by Pete »

The majority of my Kiss Tees are now in the loft boxed up.

I have a few select ones that I wear regularly, but as the others weren't being worn that often and I needed the space for 'sensible' clothes (as Ruth calls them) I had to put them in the loft.

At last count I had about 65 Kiss related shirts.....
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
twix
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by twix »

Ive not had many but one that stick out is a "Dr Love" one
its some guy and a DOG.......Im gonna try and find it when i go home
has anyone else got one :? :? :?
Lets Party... http://www.supamodel.co.uk

YOU CANT GET HOTTER THEN YOUR UNCLE ROTTER
http://www.unclerotter.com
Pete

Post by Pete »

twix wrote:Ive not had many but one that stick out is a "Dr Love" one
I have that one. It's in the loft.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
twix
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by twix »

High Five :lol:
Lets Party... http://www.supamodel.co.uk

YOU CANT GET HOTTER THEN YOUR UNCLE ROTTER
http://www.unclerotter.com
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Yep, the great t-shirt debate.

AceMF - I agree - my college years were t-shirt wearing era .... from a MetallicA to a Maiden, to a KISS or G n'R or TigertailZ.

Now those shirts - are defo showing their age ...... my LIU one with the tank on the front and the KISS Army and European countries listed on the back is complete but out of shape - my Animalize one was the sleeveless tiger/leopard skin one with the KISS emblem - i never could get into that one .....

The Crazy Nights one - is goregous - but have worn it all the time - out of respect for the two lads who died but also I love the photo of the boys .... I wore it in the States last year and the comments kept on coming .... Europe '88 - oh yes!

I am still the t-shirt wearing slackerhead that I always was ... but the reunion up era - I have had more money to spend and have kept the shirts really in Mint, mint condition .... the Legends never die one and the You wanted the best shirts ... and the Donington '96 (KISS destroys the UK) shirts are the only ones I have worn on a regular basis ... I love the Psycho Circus shirt (only problem the nude tattooed lady on the back) .....

The Gene CN era - it's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it - is a real fave mine - the bass he is holding in that pic .... I have two - but have worn both to extinction ....

Worn the HITS white shirt ... a few times over the weekend just gone - people commenting about the band .... great band (stressing the past tense).

I think that is why I wear my Nick Smith shirts a lot ......... my Dynasty one is faded - but hell it's fab. The individual faces ones - I had made for my 30th birthday - so me and my 5 mates could go round town in KISS shirts - I have only worn the Gene. The others are worn once (by mates) and washed ....

I would love to go back in time and buy 3 shirts at a time ...... but back then I was skint - and could only afford what i bought .....

I really like the Dynasty and Creatures shirts on KOL, but will put those down for Xmas pressies.
kissinuk
Administrator

Post by kissinuk »

Pete wrote:
twix wrote:Ive not had many but one that stick out is a "Dr Love" one
I have that one. It's in the loft.
Me too, never quite worked out what it had to do with KISS, but there you go. It came out at the same time as the 'Fork Head' shirt which is pretty cool, but again the only KISS reference was the logo.

My first KISS shirt was the white revenge one, wore it until the elastic crumbled away and it, erm, turned yellow (I did wash it, honest!).
Pete

Post by Pete »

Me too, never quite worked out what it had to do with KISS, but there you go.
yeah, this design always confused me too. Was it promoting human/animal relationships? I dunno.

My first Kiss T was a 'Destroyer' album cover which I still have. It is however now light grey and more a tie than a T!!!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

What I wish I hadn't done is bought a grey "LIU" baseball shirt in 83, taken it home and chopped the sleeves off and slashed the neck, losing about 50% of the actual shirt in process. :shock:

All very cool and Glam when yer 15 or so, but even if I hadn't thrown it away what use would it be now? Same with the lovely red Crue "Shout" shirt from Donington 84. And many others I'm afraid. :(

Anyone know where to get the black shirt made a couple of years back, with the same photo as the backstage pass given away with Kissology 1? They were nice...
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Frehley75 wrote:Anyone know where to get the black shirt made a couple of years back, with the same photo as the backstage pass given away with Kissology 1? They were nice...
Were they official?

If so KOL, KISS Museum, Ebay .... first port of call I reckon.