C4 + 1 / Sky

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
kissinuk
Administrator

C4 + 1 / Sky

Post by kissinuk »

Can anyone with Sky AND a wireless landline phone try watching C4+1 (plus some of the music channels like 355 & 356) on Sky? Does it work? Ours goes tits up and just gives us a frozen picture...... until I switch the phone off at the power socket!! Done a search and it's happening to loads of people, however fu*king Sky aren't interested as usual!
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Re: C4 + 1 / Sky

Post by Mr.Spireite »

I recently had Sky+ installed and it sent my broadband connection tits up. Your suposed to have the phone plugged into your box, but by doing that it made my connection drop all the time. Removed it and it's fine, so I am being naughty, don't tell them.

Don't know if that helps, but do unplug your telephone, made things work a lot better.
kissinuk
Administrator

Post by kissinuk »

I haven't got the phone plugged into the sky box, it's just having the phone on full stop that c0cks the picture. Apprently the frequency of a wireless phone is the same as a new one that Sky have just moved a load of channels to. Might need to look into getting rid of the phone....
Pete

Post by Pete »

kissinuk wrote:I haven't got the phone plugged into the sky box, it's just having the phone on full stop that c0cks the picture. Apprently the frequency of a wireless phone is the same as a new one that Sky have just moved a load of channels to. Might need to look into getting rid of the phone....
Are you on Sky for telephone at the moment? If not the cynic in me wonders if this has been done on purpose to make you move....
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
w00dy

Post by w00dy »

I'm having the same problems and even got an engineer out today who didn't have a clue what was causing it.He changed the box 3 times but it did nothing.

w00dy
w00dy

Post by w00dy »

The wife has just been searching through the Digital Spy forums and it someone has discovered this

"I'm sure i read somewhere some advice on this by moving the phone base station as far away from the satellite box as you can."

We have tried this and it worked,plugged the phone back in and the channels were fooked again.
Hope this helps some of you.

w00dy
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Sorry Paul, don't have sky.
kissinuk
Administrator

Post by kissinuk »

w00dy wrote:I'm having the same problems and even got an engineer out today who didn't have a clue what was causing it.He changed the box 3 times but it did nothing.

w00dy
Cool, so it's not just me then! Will try moving the phone like your wife suggests....