Faster Pussycat
4%
Guns n' Roses
4%
Vain
4%
Bang Tango
No votes
Other (don't be afraid the specify who..)
11%

Total votes: 27

Pete

Re: Your favourite 80's hair metal band

Post by Pete »

Dan bach wrote:Pete,

Welcome back ..... but why did you post this?
Honestly - I can't decide. At the moment the vote is tied to about 4 bands.

Dwight, I second your post WASP should be there ..... I wanna be somebody .....
Because as I said at the beginning, whilst I've been busy working I've been listening to a lot of 80's glam/hair metal and wondered what everyone else thought of it...

As for your fave, sorry its not in the poll. You could only have 10 listed but come on Dan, tell the world :wink: who you've gone for... :)
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Roger H
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Roger H »

Soho Roses were my favs, purely for the comedy value and the running feud they had with Tigertailz. Made nights at the Marquee bar very entertaining.
GlammyDave
Destroyer (1976)

Post by GlammyDave »

I went for the Crue,from that first show I saw at the Dominion I was hooked,I already had TFFL which I played to death then seeing them blew me away and gave me a licence to dress up like a girl :D
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

GlammyDave wrote:I went for the Crue,from that first show I saw at the Dominion I was hooked,I already had TFFL which I played to death then seeing them blew me away and gave me a licence to dress up like a girl :D
Don't get me wrong I really like Crue - Donington 1984 - what a set they played. I am just jaded of what happened - Vince and Razzle.

I had tickets for two Crue shows in 1987 or was it 1988 when Mick phoned Kerrang! and said there was too much snow on the venues' rooftops! :lol:
Now we know about Nikki's Heroin Diaries!
Acebwfc66
Rock And Roll Over (1976)

Post by Acebwfc66 »

I cant pick between Motley & Cinderella, although Poison are probably the band that fits the catagory to a tee.
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

I have to say Cinderella becuase i was listening to a bit of Night songs and Long cold winter earlier and those albums still sound excellent.
But i have to agree with Gary i think bands like Slaughter and Winger came along and kicked all their asses.
Musicial knoledge wise they were better bands.
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Dan bach wrote:
GlammyDave wrote:I went for the Crue,from that first show I saw at the Dominion I was hooked,I already had TFFL which I played to death then seeing them blew me away and gave me a licence to dress up like a girl :D
Don't get me wrong I really like Crue - Donington 1984 - what a set they played. I am just jaded of what happened - Vince and Razzle.

I had tickets for two Crue shows in 1987 or was it 1988 when Mick phoned Kerrang! and said there was too much snow on the venues' rooftops! :lol:
Now we know about Nikki's Heroin Diaries!
Same here, Dan. Front row at Wembley. Bunch of wasters, but what a couple of albums in "Too Fast" and "Shout".
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

I might be a tad senitmental here .... everytime I return from somewhere - from a gig or a holiday ...

Two songs come to mind straight away ...

Crue's - Home Sweet Home (still got those interlocking square 7" pic discs)
and
Scorpions - Coming Home

People mention TFFL, SATD, G,G,G and Dr.F. But the album that really got me going was Theatre of Pain - class. It's more glam than sleazy (it's predecessors), the production WOW! Tom Werman (I stand to be corrected).
Dwight Fry
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by Dwight Fry »

Yeah, when Theatre came out that was the peak of my fandom for them too. Did you ever see them in St. David's Hall in '86 Dan? I was awestruck. A security guard was Nikki-struck, mind you. A few kids were trying to get up on to the stage and they were being pushed back down. Fair enough. One guard over on the right hand side was getting a bit heavy handed and suddenly Nikki just stopped playing, strode over to the other side and tw*t the security guard. The place went wild. It reportedly got Crue banned from St. David's.

LOL, so?

Another 80s band that haven't got a mention yet I don't think are Skid Row.

My mate brought the album into college for me to check out and instantly I clocked Rachel's nose-ring and chain and thought "coooool!" I was far too much of a church-going square to ever attempt such a feat of anti-establishment with my nose, but two of my mates got it done straight away. The album itself blew me away, it's a classic debut. check it out;

Youth Gone Wild, Sweet Little Sister, 18 And Life, Big Guns, Can't Stand The Heartcache, I Remember You, Here I Am, Rattlesnake Shake, Piece of Me...

...wow.
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Dwight, yep - I was there in 1986.
Cheap Trick supporting. If I remember rightly the drum cage didn't work properly, I was on the first balcony for that.
Maybe Camp America remembers this gig too.
I was so skint - didn't buy any merch - that Alistair Fiend - baseball top - cool! Bought the prog in Stoke about 8 months later.

For the Crue maniacs - posters gallore
http://www.mcrueloyalty.dk/posters_81_-_88.htm

A couple of weeks later I visited Manchester for the first time and did Twisted Sister at the Apollo.

Dwight,
Don't even mention Skid Row .... First two albums are awesome - all because I went to see BJ play at Milton Keynes in 1989. I was dating a lady besotted (sp) with JBJ.
Dwight Fry
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by Dwight Fry »

Dan bach wrote:Dwight, yep - I was there in 1986.
Cheap Trick supporting. If I remember rightly the drum cage didn't work properly, I was on the first balcony for that.
I was so skint - didn't buy any merch - that Alistair Fiend - baseball top - cool! Bought the prog in Stoke about 8 months later.

I had a huge Crue bootleg poster outside of the venue, I remember that. All I got inside was the programme. I kept it with me throughout the gig, and I'm glad I did because a lot of fans used the cloakroom ticket service to put all their merch. There were two ladies there after the show and they were overwhelmed with hundreds of kids looking for their gear. I know of at least two instances where two people took advantage of the mayhem, pretended they'd lost their tickets, and got away with programmes and t-shirts just simply by pointing them out!

Lots of memories from that gig. I remember Cheap Trick really irritating me. And Mick Mars looking into my eyes, lol.
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Dwight Fry wrote:
Dan bach wrote:Dwight, yep - I was there in 1986.

I had a huge Crue bootleg poster outside of the venue, I remember that. All I got inside was the programme. I kept it with me throughout the gig, and I'm glad I did because a lot of fans used the cloakroom ticket service to put all their merch. There were two ladies there after the show and they were overwhelmed with hundreds of kids looking for their gear. I know of at least two instances where two people took advantage of the mayhem, pretended they'd lost their tickets, and got away with programmes and t-shirts just simply by pointing them out!

Lots of memories from that gig. I remember Cheap Trick really irritating me. And Mick Mars looking into my eyes, lol.
Madness! :shock:
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

I went for Guns n Roses. Seems I am the only one so far, which surprises me. As a recording band they were absolutely awesome. I know it all went to shite and Axl became a pompous tw*t - but at their best they were great.

Have to agree though - if WASP had been there I may have been tempted.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
The Oath
The Originals (1976)

Post by The Oath »

Tough one , but I voted for Taime Downe`s Mob , the first 2 albums were magic
w00dy

Post by w00dy »

Although i really like Cinderella and Motley Crue,my fave hair metal band of the 80's was Twisted Sister (i think they come into that catagory)