Post by kingjames1970 »

Joe Elliot being a bit of a kn*b end in my opinion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6mFJqhK ... 6poi.shtml

Discuss...
kiss-76
The Originals (1976)

Re: I'm with Bret

Post by kiss-76 »

I saw Def Leppard at Graspop. I'm not a huge fan but I have always enjoyed there music. I made sure I was right at the front to see what my parents had been making such a fuss about. I now wish I never did. They lacked energy and were quoted as feeling "awkward". This is simply an excuse. Kiss go out and play the whole show and prove them selves over and over no matter what type of audience. Look at DOWNLOAD. Who does Elliot think he is?
Let’s come to London, strip it down, turn it up and blow the roof off The O2 Academy.
starchildmark
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by starchildmark »

Well Def lepp sold out after pyromainia so Joe has no need to talk. those in glass houses and all that
Pete

Post by Pete »

Get yourself over to Sleazeroxx and read the whole thread on this topic.

It's hilarious!!

Oh and both Joe and Bret should know better. They're pushing 50 FFS!!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

It's just banter - i am sure they text each other .... "how will we hype our tours next"

Joe and Lepps ...... were not part of the NWOBHM genre
Joe and Lepps ..... were not part of the glam explosion

Re-writing history are we ..... Joe.
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Moved this to here ... nothing to do with KISS.
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Post by grunge »

Good call Dan!

I hate Lep Deffo and Poison are cack! (IMHO!) :twisted:
Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage
Pete

Post by Pete »

Pete wrote:Get yourself over to Sleazeroxx and read the whole thread on this topic.

It's hilarious!!

Oh and both Joe and Bret should know better. They're pushing 50 FFS!!
For your viewing amusement...

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/wforum/viewto ... f=1&t=8074
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

kiss-76 wrote: Who does Elliot think he is?
A very, very rich man who has toured the world, sold squillions of albums, shagged countless minxes & can say pretty much anything tongue in cheek with the foreknowledge that some gormless prat will believe every single word of it :D :D :D
starchildmark
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by starchildmark »

Father Jack wrote:
A very, very rich man who has toured the world, sold squillions of albums, shagged countless minxes & can say pretty much anything tongue in cheek with the foreknowledge that some gormless prat will believe every single word of it :D :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Post by kingjames1970 »

Father Jack wrote:

He meant it - he's only calling it banter now cause he realises he came across as a tw%t.

Don't really care but I'm not sure that the guy who sang "Do you wanna get Rocked" can claim to be a really credible 'artiste' :D
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Hmmm, why don't you try comparing how many people bought your best piece of work from the 90's with Lets Get Rocked & then tell me who's more credible :wink: :wink:
He may not be credible in your eyes but I bet you wished you'd written Hysteria & were doing very nicely of the fat royalty cheques that kept bolstering your bloated bank account every 3 months.
Its a free country, If Joe Elliott wants to talk bollocks then he's quite entitled to & if you want to read too much into it & look very bitter towards someone you've never met who's achieved far more than you then youe quite entitled to do just that.
Don't you just love democracy ? Make the most of it. I hear Labour are planning to start taxing us on our point of view after the next election. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Post by grunge »

Father Jack wrote: Don't you just love democracy ? Make the most of it. I hear Labour are planning to start taxing us on our point of view after the next election. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
KISSinUK boarders would be bankrupt ! :twisted:
Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage
Pete

Post by Pete »

kingjames1970 wrote:
Father Jack wrote:

He meant it - he's only calling it banter now cause he realises he came across as a tw%t.

Don't really care but I'm not sure that the guy who sang "Do you wanna get Rocked" can claim to be a really credible 'artiste' :D
Adrenalize is offically the best selling Def Leppard album, not Hysteria (Or so I read somewhere) so Joe must've got something right with Let's Get Rocked...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Post by kingjames1970 »

Father Jack wrote:Hmmm, why don't you try comparing how many people bought your best piece of work from the 90's with Lets Get Rocked & then tell me who's more credible :wink: :wink:
He may not be credible in your eyes but I bet you wished you'd written Hysteria & were doing very nicely of the fat royalty cheques that kept bolstering your bloated bank account every 3 months.
Its a free country, If Joe Elliott wants to talk bollocks then he's quite entitled to & if you want to read too much into it & look very bitter towards someone you've never met who's achieved far more than you then youe quite entitled to do just that.
Don't you just love democracy ? Make the most of it. I hear Labour are planning to start taxing us on our point of view after the next election. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You don't know my best work or how much I'm worth or who I actually am. How do you know he has achieved more than me? And how do you measure that anyway? Money, houses, CD sales, happiness? Anyway, I'm Bono... :wink:

He can say what he likes but all this talk of banter is rubbish - he meant it. I guess I just don't like anybody telling me what music is cool, credible, worthy or whatever you want to call it. I've got all the Leppard albums but that doesn't mean I can't like Motley Crue or Poison. Just who made him judge and jury on what's proper music?

Sorry this one just got me mad. I hate musical snobbery and people that tell me what I can and can't like.

I'm surprised you don't get what I'm saying – I've spent most my life defending Kiss from people who have said stuff in the same vein about them.