Newcastle United!!!! next manager

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Re: Newcastle United!!!! next manager

Post by The Hendon Kiss Army »

I don't blame him one little bit... I wonder if he really wanted to keep Joey Barton. Barton and Wise deserve each other. As per usual its the poor fans that suffer, another hero leaves St James'
fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by fried alive »

The Hendon Kiss Army wrote:I don't blame him one little bit... I wonder if he really wanted to keep Joey Barton. Barton and Wise deserve each other. As per usual its the poor fans that suffer, another hero leaves St James'
well said that joey barton wants shooting
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Post by RippingFleshFromBone »

I know a lot of the rumours are sometimes, how can I put this...er, 'made up!' by the press but 'according to a source' KK has been quoted as saying that just before the transfer deadline closed he found out that the ENTIRE NEWCASTLE squad (other than the new arrivals you'd assume!) was put up for sale by Ashley & Wise!

Not as a job lot, obviously, but individually!!!

Says a lot that no offers came in if it's true...!... :lol: :lol: :lol:
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

Kev

Post by Kev »

RippingFleshFromBone wrote:I know a lot of the rumours are sometimes, how can I put this...er, 'made up!' by the press but 'according to a source' KK has been quoted as saying that just before the transfer deadline closed he found out that the ENTIRE NEWCASTLE squad (other than the new arrivals you'd assume!) was put up for sale by Ashley & Wise!

wise by name wise by nature :roll: nasty little man :mad: very sly.
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
starchildmark
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by starchildmark »

plugfooty wrote:
RippingFleshFromBone wrote:I know a lot of the rumours are sometimes, how can I put this...er, 'made up!' by the press but 'according to a source' KK has been quoted as saying that just before the transfer deadline closed he found out that the ENTIRE NEWCASTLE squad (other than the new arrivals you'd assume!) was put up for sale by Ashley & Wise!

wise by name wise by nature :roll: nasty little man :mad: very sly.
word bro
Kev

Post by Kev »

:lol: :lol: :lol: SHOES OFF FOR KEEGAN :lol: :lol: :lol: whats that all about.daft ferkers.why do all geordie blokes look the same. :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
niteworker
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by niteworker »

I think it could be gene simmons,as we all know he likes the dollar.he could put the kiss logo on newcastles shirt and make more money............... :?
Pete

Post by Pete »

niteworker wrote:I think it could be gene simmons,as we all know he likes the dollar.he could put the kiss logo on newcastles shirt and make more money............... :?

:idea:
Maybe he could arrange the Black and White Stripes on the shirt to look a little more like his make up too... :?:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
matty35
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Post by matty35 »

Newcastle United = Soap Opera!

Its as bad as Ozzy doing tv adverts for butter..

Cheers

Matty
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

RippingFleshFromBone wrote:

For a businessman Ashley seems to have TOTALLY missed the fact that KK has given Newcastle a boost. The amount of fans who re-newed their season ticket because of KK being there was outstanding.
I'm not a Newcastle fan but have a lot of close Geordie friends. They all say the same ... KK is a god.

But ... look at the facts. The boost KK has given is 6 wins in 26 games including the most recent against the mighty Coventry. KK is a proven quitter so Ashley put a clause in his contract to protect the club against him walking out - good business if you ask me. KKs transfer record is shockingly bad so Ashley appointed a Director of Football to deal with his money ... again good business sense. Ashley is no fool and one day NUFC fans will need to trust someone to turn then into winners. which is something they have craved for 50+ years.

Shearer? He back stabbed every manager he ever played under, including Sir Bobby and even Big Sam when he wasn't even a player. I say get it out of your system. Appoint Shearer, fail and then move on, but move on quickly before it is too late and the big time leaves you behind.
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

AxeBass#69 wrote:

For a businessman Ashley seems to have TOTALLY missed the fact that KK has given Newcastle a boost. The amount of fans who re-newed their season ticket because of KK being there was outstanding.
I'm not a Newcastle fan but have a lot of close Geordie friends. They all say the same ... KK is a god.

But ... look at the facts. The boost KK has given is 6 wins in 26 games including the most recent against the mighty Coventry.
When I said boost I was actually refering to the business! To the amount of re-newed season ticket holders. I wasn't refering to his games won record since his return! 'Cos that ain't that great! But Ashley, as a business man should have seen, or realised, that KK was a huge financial asset to Newcastle Utd.

Whether he was actually up to the job?...Well, we'll never find out now. I do believe he would have struggled, but I would have liked to see what he could, or would, have done.

The next home game is goin to be very interestin. Newcastle do have incredibly loyal fans, but this could be the last straw for a lot of them. Ashley means F**k all to the fans...KK , as you rightly said, is a God to the fans.

When Ashley came he was all "I've got money, I'll see Newcastle right". Then he realised that he doesn't really have that much cash to throw about. He might be a billionare, but it's in assets...not cash.

Always 2 sides to every story, but I'm with KK on this one. At the end of the day the manager stands or falls on his results with the players he has. So the manager should be allowed to buy and sell who he wants. KK made some very brave decisions in his time as manager...selling Cole...but he brought in some amazing players too. I don't think his transfer record was that bad. He did build a brilliant team.

Really he should have stayed the first time round. He very possibly could have won something. Still it's all speculation now.

Pete

Post by Pete »

Reading the rags today NUFC look like being the next target for Arabian business men...and they want to reappoint KK.

So to all NUFC fans if you're taken over would you want KK back for a third time?
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Pete wrote:Reading the rags today NUFC look like being the next target for Arabian business men...and they want to reappoint KK.

So to all NUFC fans if you're taken over would you want KK back for a third time?
If I'm bein honest here, I didn't think he was the best choice last time round! Yes, he is worshiped in Newcastle but his track record really isn't anything to boast about. I really wish he had stayed this time round tho simply 'cos I wanted some stability at Newcastle and to see what he could achieve...if anything.

He lacked the confidence he had previously tho, and hearing him talk down the team was not good to hear.

I ain't seen the papers but if we do get an Arabian multi billionare, while not good for football on the whole in my opinion, it will be good for the club.

Pete

Post by Pete »

Pete wrote:Reading the rags today NUFC look like being the next target for Arabian business men...and they want to reappoint KK.

If I'm bein honest here, I didn't think he was the best choice last time round! Yes, he is worshiped in Newcastle but his track record really isn't anything to boast about. I really wish he had stayed this time round tho simply 'cos I wanted some stability at Newcastle and to see what he could achieve...if anything.

He lacked the confidence he had previously tho, and hearing him talk down the team was not good to hear.

I ain't seen the papers but if we do get an Arabian multi billionare, while not good for football on the whole in my opinion, it will be good for the club.
So who would you like as manager then? I can't see big Al ever taking the job. The longer he stays on the sofa for MoTD the harder it's gonna be for him to leave it...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

My money is on Alan Buckley to be the next manager of NUFC.
And why not ?? :wink:
Its worth a few quid just for a laugh. :D