Chinese Democracy

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Pete

Re: Chinese Democracy

Post by Pete »

daniel3786 wrote:
Pete wrote:What about Van Halen then? Eddie & Alex HATED Dave with a passion for years after he left. They never had any intention of reuniting with him, yet last year they did.

If the money is good enough it'll happen...
It is wether Axl cares about the money or not, or does he just want to continue the way he is doing.
Give it a few years...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Roger H
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Roger H »

Hopefully another 20 ! :wink:
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Listened to CD today. It's a rock album with some decent tracks on it.

Nothing more nothing less (IMHO)
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
niteworker
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by niteworker »

I heard the guns n roses single today,and there is something missing SLASH................
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Here is some thoughts on this after 5 days of constant play.

Not wanting to stir up any massive Original Members debate but people have to see past the Slash etc issue to understand this record. It is just a solo project from one of the great rock frontmen of all time. Ask me to chose between this and Appetite and Appetite would win every time but that is as pointless as asking to choose between GnR and Kiss. The two are massively different.

I don't get the comments that it is a superbly structured album where everything fits together perfectly. It sounds a bit random to me. Maybe that is what makes it such a good album.

Low point is that some of the drumming sounds like a drum machine and those bits bug me. High point is If The World .. one of the great tunes of all time.... but a million miles from Its So Easy etc
Acebwfc66
Rock And Roll Over (1976)

Post by Acebwfc66 »

I thinkt is is an excellent album and one that I am listening to a lot, yes its over produced, yes there's no slash, yes it took 14 years too long, yes its an Axl solo album. So what. Its a great album and Im looking forward to the tour.
niteworker
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by niteworker »

niteworker wrote:I heard the guns n roses single today,and there is something missing SLASH................
Now i have heard the whole album,i quite like it,theres some good guitar work on it and i dont think theres a bad song on it apart from the single which is a bit weak.i think this album will grow on you in time... :shock:
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

My plan failed ......

I had put this on my Xmas list - all my rocker friends - forgo on this.

So what's the opinion on this?

Have read all the flannel/hype and history of recording ....
I can split the audience into - 2 categories ....

1 The haters .... who were the orig G n'R fans .....
&
2 The lovers .... who didn't see them in their formative years ....

Apparently it hasn't sold well at all ..... the expectations .... Best Buy fouled up on this ...
Compared to MetallicA and AC/DC's - double platinum in the States

I think I will invest in Slash's - it's 5 o clock in the morning - apparently - that contains a few demos of Chin Demo that were rejected by Axl.
Spaceace2001
The Originals II (1978)

Post by Spaceace2001 »

I did get it for Xmas and wish I hadn't. Good opening track but downhill from there.

Sales probably weren't helped by a certain ginger tw*t's refusal to do any form of promotion for his own album.

Dan I presume you mean it's 5 O'Clock somewhere by Slash's snakepit not 5 O'Clock in the morning by the Village people :wink: The former is a great album IMHO, PM me if you want a copy.
"I went to my friend's house one day, and he had an electric guitar he had just bought with a tiny little amp. I turned the volume up to 10 and I hit one chord, and I said, I'm in love."
Ace Frehley
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

Spaceace2001 wrote:Dan I presume you mean it's 5 O'Clock somewhere by Slash's snakepit not 5 O'Clock in the morning by the Village people :wink: The former is a great album IMHO, PM me if you want a copy.
Again that is where the difference between personal taste. I have 5 o clock and it ain't a great album by any stretch of the imagination, it is really just a jam session between 5 musicians. However I do like Eric Dover's vocals but the material in general sucked, awful lyrics.

Chin Dem has been a failure commercially, but that is due I think to people boycotting it and getting it from the internet instead.

The general AC/DC audience still like to buy cds rather than d/l them!

Chin Dem (apart from being a brilliant album) didn't have a lot going for it on any other terms, old gnr fans refusing to buy it from the shops, lack of promotion, the time of release couldn't have been any worse timed, people generally not willing to give it a chance amongst other things.
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Getting Chinese D for Xmas has to be good news compared to Black Ice. I've never heard such a bad piece of 'made for tv' crap I love back in black but I can't belive how made for the masses this is. I know loads of people love this album but to me I just think 'why did you bother?' If this sold millions then Pauls moment sitting on this sofa and listenening to Disco & writing IWMFLY is about to repeat itself!
Spaceace2001
The Originals II (1978)

Post by Spaceace2001 »

What a diverse crowd we are... Black Ice was a real return to classic old school AC/DC and I think its sales genuinely reflect how good it is. 5 o'clock had some great songs on it... I love Appetite but after several listens Chinese Dem just leaves me cold, it's just dated and all over the place. I think it's sales are low because it just ain't that good and people have heard enough clips to decide not to waste their money. just my 2p's worth! :)
"I went to my friend's house one day, and he had an electric guitar he had just bought with a tiny little amp. I turned the volume up to 10 and I hit one chord, and I said, I'm in love."
Ace Frehley
w00dy

Post by w00dy »

Chinese Democracy = Pile of shit (my opinion)
largebloke
Alive II (1977)

Post by largebloke »

I decided to download Chinese Democracy as it was only £3 on Amazon for the mp3 version. I still haven't listened to it as I still have other cd's i want to listen to first. The main reason I didn't buy it when it first came out was because I didn't want to give any money to that cock Axl, but for £3, I changed my mind :lol: I'll give it a listen in the next couple of days - I hope it's not as bad as some people have said.
Dan - It's 5 O'clock Somewhere it's a great album that I still play. You can pick it up on Amazon for a fiver.
largebloke
Alive II (1977)

Post by largebloke »

Well I finally listened to it, and I'm sorry to say that my opinion seems to mimic the masses. It just isn't any good at all. It has its moments, but there are loads more bands that I would rather listen to. I kinda wanted to like it just to be different, but I don't think I'll be listening to it again. I'm glad I only shelled out £3 for it.