KISSin' UK Mobile

Any major updates to the site will be posted here. Also please post any ideas you have for the site.
kissinuk
Administrator

KISSin' UK Mobile

Postby kissinuk » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:56 pm

I am currently looking into creating a mobile version of the site, if this is something you'd be interested in please let me know. Currently browsing the site on a mobile uses a fair amount of data traffic, I'm planning on reducing that by a significant amount - I'll be working on getting this forum done first followed by the main site. As more and more people are getting iPhones or similar (the new Nokia 5800 has really took off) then I think the time is probably right to do it now.

Will keep you up to date here....

Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Re: KISSin' UK Mobile

Postby Sour Mash » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:43 pm

Great news paul. . !!

I visit the site a lot on my iPhone and a mobile version would be fantastic.!!
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..

Pete

Postby Pete » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:56 pm

That would be great Paul. I often browse using my phone.
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

Gojira1975
Gene Simmons (1978)

Postby Gojira1975 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:21 pm

Definitely.

Why not?
DEATH TO FALSE METAL

Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Postby Father Jack » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:30 pm

Great stuff Paul. Ideal opportunity to use my new Blackberry phone.

Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Postby Downy » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:39 pm

Yes, Good idea Paul. :)

Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Postby Sour Mash » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:35 am

Father Jack wrote:Great stuff Paul. Ideal opportunity to use my new Blackberry phone.

flash bugga..!
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..

Scottish_Connection
Double Platinum (1978)

Postby Scottish_Connection » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:27 pm

Having recently got a new phone with decent web capability it would be fab to have a mobile version of the forum.
17853 miles and counting - a personal Odyssey
1822 miles and counting - another Odyssey?

kissmandave
Gene Simmons (1978)

Postby kissmandave » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Father Jack wrote:Great stuff Paul. Ideal opportunity to use my new Blackberry phone.

Oh Daniel, c'mon now son - did the JSA pay for that, did some chav nice person "find" it for you or was it a reward for a day at the hairdresser's choosing your new wig range?????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am the legalised scourge and pillar of society we all love...............PERFECT

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:50 pm

kissmandave wrote:

Oh Daniel, c'mon now son - did the JSA pay for that, did some chav nice person "find" it for you or was it a reward for a day at the hairdresser's choosing your new wig range?????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm betting some nice Chav person 'found' it for him....
Pete

kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Postby kingjames1970 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:58 pm

Cool idea I mostly visit the site on my iPhone.

Pete

Postby Pete » Tue May 26, 2009 11:24 am

kissinuk wrote:I am currently looking into creating a mobile version of the site, if this is something you'd be interested in please let me know. Currently browsing the site on a mobile uses a fair amount of data traffic, I'm planning on reducing that by a significant amount - I'll be working on getting this forum done first followed by the main site. As more and more people are getting iPhones or similar (the new Nokia 5800 has really took off) then I think the time is probably right to do it now.

Will keep you up to date here....

Any update on this Paul?
Pete

kissinuk
Administrator

Postby kissinuk » Tue May 26, 2009 10:02 pm

So far I've tested out 2 different mobile styles for the site and neither of them are reliable enough to use yet. The main problem is that the forum software I use has nothing built in to handle mobile devices which makes it difficult to work with. Ideally I need it to automatically turn off signatures, avatars and make images optional to get it working how I want.

Another problem with the tests I performed were that although they worked on an iPhone, people with Macs also got the mobile version (probably doesn't affect many people on here tho)!

I am still working on it though, it will just take longer than I thought.

Gojira1975
Gene Simmons (1978)

Postby Gojira1975 » Wed May 27, 2009 7:21 am

kissinuk wrote:So far I've tested out 2 different mobile styles for the site and neither of them are reliable enough to use yet. The main problem is that the forum software I use has nothing built in to handle mobile devices which makes it difficult to work with. Ideally I need it to automatically turn off signatures, avatars and make images optional to get it working how I want.

Another problem with the tests I performed were that although they worked on an iPhone, people with Macs also got the mobile version (probably doesn't affect many people on here tho)!

On other mobile forums, the user has the option to turn off images, or see them, on his or her phone. I just see other users text / posts, although I can see images as normal should i want to...
DEATH TO FALSE METAL

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:08 pm

kissinuk wrote:So far I've tested out 2 different mobile styles for the site and neither of them are reliable enough to use yet. The main problem is that the forum software I use has nothing built in to handle mobile devices which makes it difficult to work with. Ideally I need it to automatically turn off signatures, avatars and make images optional to get it working how I want.

Apologise for maybe asking a stupid question Paul, but are there any developments on this? I'll be upgrading phones next month you see! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pete

Return to “KISSin' UK Updates”