how-to-reboot-star-war

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

how-to-reboot-star-war

Post by nicksmithworld »

feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Re: how-to-reboot-star-war

Post by Mr.Spireite »

I hate to say it but a lot of that makes sense and perhaps it is george Lucas that really let the fans down with Return anyway.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Interesting stuff Nick. Especially the part about the proximity activated gold Yoda bidet statues that say "Wash your bottom you will "
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ray The Tongue
Alive II (1977)

Post by Ray The Tongue »

What we really want is for some one to redo the garbage prequels the way they should have been done :evil:
http://www.facebook.com/raymond.paul.bionic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Im with you on that Ray.
Worst piece of cinematic pap ever was the long awaited return of Darth Vader. His response to Palpatine telling him Padme was dead reminded me of Seymour Skinner.
Awful !!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Ray The Tongue wrote:What we really want is for some one to redo the garbage prequels the way they should have been done :evil:
How about just going back in time and not creating them in the first place, thus leaving us 30 somethings with the memories of SW, ESB and RotJ.... :? :?:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Ray The Tongue
Alive II (1977)

Post by Ray The Tongue »

Pete wrote:
Ray The Tongue wrote:What we really want is for some one to redo the garbage prequels the way they should have been done :evil:
How about just going back in time and not creating them in the first place, thus leaving us 30 somethings with the memories of SW, ESB and RotJ.... :? :?:
Sounds good without a doubt...... THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN IN CINEMATIC HISTORY WAS THE PREQUELS... :?
http://www.facebook.com/raymond.paul.bionic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pete

Post by Pete »

Ray The Tongue wrote: Sounds good without a doubt...... THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN IN CINEMATIC HISTORY WAS THE PREQUELS... :?
:shock:

They aren't that bad...I've seen worse since the prequels came out...(T4 being one of them)...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Ray The Tongue wrote:
Pete wrote:
Sounds good without a doubt...... THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN IN CINEMATIC HISTORY WAS THE PREQUELS... :?
The Phantom menace was very poor, nearly walked out of the cinema it was like they had ruined my childhood.

The other two were an improvement but to me it was CGI effects for the sake of it.

I still think GL will make the final 3 films, fully cgi, realistic looking within the next 5-10 years.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Mr.Spireite wrote:I still think GL will make the final 3 films, fully cgi, realistic looking within the next 5-10 years.
Never. If anything the much vaunted TV show will cover this time line (which has been done to death in various novels).
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Pete wrote:
Mr.Spireite wrote:I still think GL will make the final 3 films, fully cgi, realistic looking within the next 5-10 years.
Never. If anything the much vaunted TV show will cover this time line (which has been done to death in various novels).
Do you have confidence in the TV series though, there seems to be so much contradiction with GL.

We had the original films, then Ewoks, then The Droids, then prequels, then Clone Wars, then Clone Wars again.

BEfore the prequels we had the final 3 books also, Heir To The Empire etc.

Like the reboot suggests, there's a lot of crap to Jetison and I do wonder wether it is needed now. A Han character was desperately missing and the romance between Anakin/Padme was clumsy and very forced and not what we wanted, Star Wars was not a love story. It was a great story which had everything that us kids at the time wanted and we didn't want the Aliens at every turn, they were cool but lets face it, we all wanted to be Han and not for the reason of wanting Leia, that would have been a bonus.