A Twisted Christmas

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Pete

A Twisted Christmas

Post by Pete »

Has anyone been on the Twisted Sister site and listened to TS' version of Christmas Classics?

If not go check it out. Their version of 'The 12 days of Christmas' known as 'Heavy Metal Christmas' is genius....

Although I was dubious about this album (and the cancelled tour dates) it sounds like it could be a good laugh... ;)
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Listening to the tracks as I type this.

Looking at the release date - 6 weeks before Xmas!

They could have done those dates - we missed!!!!!!

Since it is an Xmas album, might put it down on my Xmas list - for relatives who never know what to buy me.

A cunning plan me thinks!
w00dy

Post by w00dy »

Got a copy a couple of weeks ago,it rocks.

w00dy
Pete

Post by Pete »

w00dy wrote:Got a copy a couple of weeks ago,it rocks.

w00dy
From what've I've heard it's pretty good. (shame they had to cancel thr Rock City gig though!)
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Pete

Post by Pete »

There is now a link on http://www.twistedsister.com to a streaming audio of the album.

It's not too bad...quite like the 'Come all ye faithful/we're not gonna take it'....
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Pete

Post by Pete »

gray2174 wrote:There is now a link on http://www.twistedsister.com to a streaming audio of the album.

It's not too bad...quite like the 'Come all ye faithful/we're not gonna take it'....
UK release date 13/11/2006 according to http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/3251187 ... oduct.html
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
raydeen
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by raydeen »

This would have played better about 20 years ago. Like maybe between "Stay Hungry" and "Come Out...". I'm as big an SMF as anyone, but sometimes bands do peculiar things.
The quality goes in before the name goes on.
Pete

Post by Pete »

raydeen wrote:This would have played better about 20 years ago. Like maybe between "Stay Hungry" and "Come Out...". I'm as big an SMF as anyone, but sometimes bands do peculiar things.
I think it's been in the pipeline for at least 20 years!!! It sounds ok, from what I've heard...just a shame that it's there last album...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Deuce
The Originals II (1978)

Post by Deuce »

Xmas dinner has an edge this year...hehehehe.

Deuce
$-)
Steve

---------------------------------------------

Stand by my side, I'll be there for you......

Get up! and get your Grandma outta here
raydeen
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by raydeen »

Not at all the way I'd expected TS to wind down. A re-recording of one album and a Christmas (!) album! (At least they beat Gene to it. He may be Jewish, but Holiday albums usually sell. No matter how stupid. Every happy home should have Elvis' X-mas lp.) If I had a time machine, I'd go back to 1985 and tell myself this. Then I'd have to kick my own ass for daring to suggest that the unstoppable mucho-metal machine that was TS in the mid-80's would ever be involved in such egregious shenanigans 20 years later. Oh, well. Was nice to have 'em back for a few years anyway. Those first 2 TS albums still crank. Noone seems to like to admit it, but "Under the Blade" deserves to rub weenies with "Kill 'em All" when it comes to groundbreaking US Metal albums. Throw that first Manowar LP in there, too. Hail!

The "You Can't Stop..." video is the absolute, all-time, no foolin', I really mean it this time, #1 Metal video ever. Period. Drummer in the van, man!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Noone seems to like to admit it, but "Under the Blade" deserves to rub weenies with "Kill 'em All" when it comes to groundbreaking US Metal albums.
Under the Blade is one of the best debut albums to ever be released IMO. Plus they backed it up with two decent albums, unlike other bands I coudl think of.

It's a great shame that as you say it's not considered as 'important' as Kill em all etc.

As for the 'YCSRNR' vid, cracks me up everytime I see it.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
raydeen
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by raydeen »

It's clearly a case of perception being reality for most people. It's a TS album, so it has to be goofy, sing-along Glam, right? (that is not a put-down of "We're Not..." and "I Wanna Rock", but there's more to the TS Story than those two.) Isn't that what all TS material is?At the time ('84) lot of people thought TS sprang up fully-formed with "Stay", which is a great album, but the videos from it are what everyone who didn't bother to check out the early albums are going to think of when they hear the words "Twisted Sister". When "Stay" hit big, both the early albums were reissued, so it was easy to see what came before The Big Time. (not forgetting the decade of NY/New Jersey roadwork before the debut was even recorded.)"Blade" was always looked down upon because it wasn't as easy to slip into as "Stay" was. "You Can't Stop.." was practically ignored. ("Blade" was easier to find for years and years.) You might compare it to the difference between Priest's "Stained Class" and "British Steel". "Class" was all-out Metal, while "Steel" shortened the song length and injected a Pop sensiblity into the material. to good effect. Same band. Just altering the formula a bit for broader appeal. Which is not always a bad thing if done smartly. Too bad it rarely is. I love both albums. TS and Priest both did it right in these instances. Sadly, the choice of "Leader of the Pack" as the follow-up single to "Stay's" success was a boneheaded move and sunk the band. And of course Priest eventually came up with "Turbo", which was a fine mid-80's ZZ Top album.

You could also make a good case for considering "Blade" an honest-to-gosh NWOBHM album, but who has the time?
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Too deep for me.

Twisted sister = Kick ass band, good time balls to the Wall, good fun, rock n roll.

Twisted Xmas = piss take of Xmas by good time balls to the Wall, good fun, rock n roll band
Pete

Post by Pete »

skinnymartin wrote:Too deep for me.

Twisted sister = Kick ass band, good time balls to the Wall, good fun, rock n roll.

Twisted Xmas = piss take of Xmas by good time balls to the Wall, good fun, rock n roll band
:lol: :lol: :lol:
There's that too!!!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
raydeen
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by raydeen »

Yeah, sure. But where's the luv?

If something's worth saying, it's worth oversaying. Learn it. Love it. Live it.