Tribute bands/covers bands prices

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Re: Tribute bands/covers bands prices

Post by daniel3786 »

Father Jack wrote: It may be your opinion Dan but I find this very harsh. After all, tribute bands do this mainly to keep fans of the original band happy whilst they themselves aren't touring at the time and if it weren't for some tribute bands there would be next to NO interest in the original bands they portray. Still, its your opinion and there are a few on here that share your opinion. I'll see you at a DTK show in 2010 mate. :wink:
I find that very hard to believe - are you saying if there wasn't any tribute bands of certain bands there would be no interest in the original band without the tributes?!, explain which bands you mean Sir.
Last edited by daniel3786 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete

Post by Pete »

daniel3786 wrote:
Father Jack wrote: It may be your opinion Dan but I find this very harsh. After all, tribute bands do this mainly to keep fans of the original band happy whilst they themselves aren't touring at the time and if it weren't for some tribute bands there would be next to NO interest in the original bands they portray. Still, its your opinion and there are a few on here that share your opinion. I'll see you at a DTK show in 2010 mate. :wink:
I find that hard to believe, explain which bands you mean Sir.
Errr...pains me to say it but Image for one. Without DTK, HTH, Parasite etc, Image would've died over here a long time ago IMO...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

Pete wrote: Errr...pains me to say it but Image for one. Without DTK, HTH, Parasite etc, Image would've died over here a long time ago IMO...
Interesting.. I don't really agree, but I respect your view.

I think more to do with Kiss doing Download personally in 08, not the tributes playing clubs across the UK to mainly die hard fans or people who already know of Kiss.

That is not a knock on DTK or anybody, I like tributes, I just don't see how a tribute can raise the original bands profile in the UK.
Kev

Post by Kev »

daniel3786 wrote:
Pete wrote: Errr...pains me to say it but Image for one. Without DTK, HTH, Parasite etc, Image would've died over here a long time ago IMO...

I think more to do with Kiss doing Download personally in 08, not the tributes playing clubs across the UK to mainly die hard fans or people who already know of Kiss.

That is not a knock on DTK or anybody, I like tributes, I just don't see how a tribute can raise the original bands profile in the UK.
Well the other sunday night HTH played crewe,i went with WOODSTER +3 people who have never been into KISS,they really enjoyed the show and all agreed kiss must be awesome live,even to the point 2 of them said chuff it lets go see KISS on the upcoming tour...
that is the perfect example how a tribute band raised /can raise the profile of an original band..
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Kev

Post by Kev »

:D Daniel owd lad, whats the name of your band.

:D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
kissmandave
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by kissmandave »

plugfooty wrote::D Daniel owd lad, whats the name of your band.

[b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Can I sit next to you girl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/b]

I am the legalised scourge and pillar of society we all love...............PERFECT
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

If you tell me the name of yours.. :D :D
kissmandave
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by kissmandave »

daniel3786 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Plugster and the Toon Loons :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am the legalised scourge and pillar of society we all love...............PERFECT
Kev

Post by Kev »

daniel3786 wrote:

I dont have a band.
ImageImageImageImage

Pete

Post by Pete »

daniel3786 wrote:

Without DTK, HTH etc there wouldn't have been as big an interest in Image at Download I reckon.

Anyhow heres some others...Bon Scott era AC/DC tributes, Limehouse Lizzy, T Rextasy, Jimi Hendrix tributes, State of Quo, Queen tributes...

The majority of the bands named above give people a chance to see an artist or band they'll never get the chance to see...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Kev

Post by Kev »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muRJB42wXts[/youtube]

Pure quality,with flashing logo :D the logo makes the night, only the ones that flash that is :D
ImageImageImageImage

Kev

Post by Kev »

DANIEL,DANIEL, WHATS YOUR BAND!!DANIEL WHATS YOUR BAND,
WHO ARE YA,WHO ARE YA,WHO ARE YA.
:D :D
ImageImageImageImage

daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

plugfooty wrote:DANIEL,DANIEL, WHATS YOUR BAND!!DANIEL WHATS YOUR BAND,
WHO ARE YA,WHO ARE YA,WHO ARE YA.
:D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kev

Post by Kev »

FOOOOOOKS SAKE man just answer the question. :D :D :D :D :D
ImageImageImageImage

PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

:lol: :lol: