WOLVERHAMPTON!!!taking the Mick McCarthy

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Kev

WOLVERHAMPTON!!!taking the Mick McCarthy

Post by Kev »

McCarthy branded 'disrespectful' over Wolves selection

Mick McCarthy's team selection against Manchester United on Tuesday was "grossly disrespectful", according to Wolves supporter chief Arthur Williams.

Boss McCarthy rested 10 first-team players at Old Trafford, with an eye on Sunday's match with Burnley.

And Williams, one of more than 3,000 Wolves fans in attendance as they lost 3-0, said: "The fans sung 'We want our money back' and that's understandable.

"Hopefully he will pick a full-strength team against Burnley and make amends."

Saturday's 1-0 win over Tottenham was the second successive top-flight win for Wolves - the first time the club have achieved that in 26 years - and lifted them out of the relegation zone.
The second string went on to lose comfortably, leaving many Wolves fans bemused and frustrated, and chief executive Jez Moxey tried to justify his manager's selection.

He told BBC Sport: "Of course we were all surprised by Mick's team selection but it is his prerogative to pick whatever team he sees fit for any particular game.

"He is very cognisant of what the fans want and I think what they want most is to stay in the Premier League. Mick is picking a team for each individual match that will give us the best chance to do that.

I thought there was something to be gained from that match on Tuesday

North West Wolves fan chief Arthur Williams
"You have to remember that 10 of our first-team squad have already had serious operations and/or injuries this season already and Mick has to bear that in mind.

"As he has said publicly, he can understand the fans not being happy but it is down to him to make decisions in the best interests of the club and that is what he did."

However, Williams, head of the North West Wolves supporters branch, countered to BBC Sport: "Listening to Mick's reasoning, you can understand it but then he confounded it by saying we've got some big games coming up. Well surely last night was a big game?"

"Coming as it was on the back of a win at Tottenham, I thought there was something to be gained from that match on Tuesday.

"It's well catalogued that United haven't the best of defences at the moment, with injuries and so on, and I just thought with the likes of the players that were missing we just might have pressed on and got something out of it.

McCarthy bullish over team selection
"Wolves sold out their allocation, paid £42 each, plus the time and cost of travelling, and my first reaction when I saw 10 changes and players playing out of position was, I thought, grossly disrespectful."

Williams ruled out fans seeking a refund though and admitted that if McCarthy's side go on to beat relegation rivals Burnley on Sunday, all would be forgotten.

"I know it's easy as a fan to criticise and it's down to the manager at the end of the day to say he knows best," he stated. "I can't complain too much because his knowledge of being best has been pretty good over the last couple of years or so.

"That said, I hope he doesn't adopt this attitude in other matches. I'd rather he strengthened the squad in January and did things that way.

"But come Sunday the ground will be full again, the fans will be behind Mick McCarthy and the team and if we beat Burnley all this will be forgotten."

Those sentiments were echoed by Wolves legend Steve Bull, who told BBC Radio 5 Live: "I was disappointed when I saw the team, just like the other 3,000 Wolves fans there.

As fans you have to bite your lip. You're going to get good games with a full side some days, and some days you're not

Wolves legend Steve Bull
"But deep down I think realism comes to mind where you've got Burnley on Saturday so you'd rather field a very strong side there.

"Realistically, we got three points at Spurs where we didn't expect three points and Mick's come away probably thinking don't bite off more than you can chew. I think he's thinking Man Utd are going to walk all over us and we'd be lucky to get a draw never mind a win, so why not.

"As fans you have to bite your lip some days. You're going to get good games with a full side some days and some days you're not."

And A Load of Old Bull Fanzine editor Charles Ross added: "I can understand fans being disappointed but the unlevel nature of the Premier League and the gulf between the haves and have nots is so huge that Wolves absolutely must do whatever it takes to try to stay in the division this year.

"Survival is everything, it is absolutely crucial. Had fans been offered three points from matches away at Tottenham and Manchester United, they would have bitten your arm off whichever way it had come about.

"I can understand entirely why he took those decisions. Mick will be judged over 38 games and based on the resources that he has available. I certainly don't think last night's selection and result is cause for a hanging party."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope the prem league chuck the book at him...
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Re: WOLVERHAMPTON!!!taking the Mick McCarthy

Post by grunge »

Why? Is it OK for other teams to field weak teams? Man U, Arsenal??

MM did it to save our arses over Xmas - fair play to him - just hope it works!
Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

He figured they were going to get battered anyway, so therefore he made the right choice if the not most popular one, sometimes the right choices aren't the most popular!

By resting his players for the game with Burnley, all hats to him. Well done Mick.
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Post by tallfruit »

i agree mm made a wise decision , he wasnt expecting to get anything from old trafford so resting his best players for a far more winable game like burnley makes perfect sense, cant see what the wolves fans are moaning about hes doing the best thing for the team to rest players for the impotant games
Pete

Post by Pete »

tallfruit wrote:i agree mm made a wise decision , he wasnt expecting to get anything from old trafford so resting his best players for a far more winable game like burnley makes perfect sense, cant see what the wolves fans are moaning about hes doing the best thing for the team to rest players for the impotant games
So what you are basically saying is that any team that goes to Old Trafford shouldn't bother to play a strong team and actually give United a decent game. They should just lie down, take the beating and move onto the next game?
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

tallfruit wrote:i agree mm made a wise decision , he wasnt expecting to get anything from old trafford so resting his best players for a far more winable game like burnley makes perfect sense, cant see what the wolves fans are moaning about hes doing the best thing for the team to rest players for the impotant games
Well said.
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Post by grunge »

Pete wrote:
So what you are basically saying is that any team that goes to Old Trafford shouldn't bother to play a strong team and actually give United a decent game. They should just lie down, take the beating and move onto the next game?
No Pete, I get what you're saying but, I know you know what we mean.

We're fighting for survival here, we stand more chance getting 3 points at Burnley with a full strength team. Mick didn't want to lose any 1st choices to injury or suspensions against United so he got the reserves to 'take one for the team'.

To be honest 3-0 was a descent scoreline!!

It'll be interesting to see who does this next.......
Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage
Pete

Post by Pete »

grunge wrote:
Pete wrote:
No Pete, I get what you're saying but, I know you know what we mean.

We're fighting for survival here, we stand more chance getting 3 points at Burnley with a full strength team. Mick didn't want to lose any 1st choices to injury or suspensions against United so he got the reserves to 'take one for the team'.

To be honest 3-0 was a descent scoreline!!

It'll be interesting to see who does this next.......
I understand what you mean and why McCarthy did it. Just seems a little wrong. Imagine your joy last night if you' dcome away witha point (or even three)...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Kev

Post by Kev »

will be soooo funny if BURNLEY beat ya.
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Kev

Post by Kev »

You werent among the 3,000 who paid good money to go watch a decent game of footy then owd lad.
ImageImageImageImage

kissmandave
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by kissmandave »

Who cares - bunch of overpaid pansies running around in lycra shorts strutting their stuff and kissing each other - get rid of the lot of them and lets all take up Bar Crouching instead :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am the legalised scourge and pillar of society we all love...............PERFECT
Kev

Post by Kev »

kissmandave wrote:Who cares - bunch of overpaid pansies running around in lycra shorts strutting their stuff and kissing each other - get rid of the lot of them and lets all take up Bar Crouching instead :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Says a Scots man who likes wearing white socks and tartan skirts from time to time,, :lol: :lol:
just remind us who scotland have in their group next year please David :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

kissmandave
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by kissmandave »

plugfooty wrote:just remind us who scotland have in their group next year please David :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Group of what u tard????

I am the legalised scourge and pillar of society we all love...............PERFECT
Kev

Post by Kev »

kissmandave wrote:
plugfooty wrote:just remind us who scotland have in their group next year please David :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Group of what u tard????

DOH,DOH,DOH,DUMB DOH, The world cup,,well being a Scots man thats sumit you would no little aboooot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

kissmandave
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by kissmandave »

And your point is caller? I do sincerely hope that your comment was not a slur on my mighty nation - home of Robert The Bruce, William Wallace and Glens Vodka along with deep fried Mars Bars and Snickers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: