Anyone going to see Dio?

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
PyroMessiah86

Anyone going to see Dio?

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen ... _band.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What a fuc*ing joke. Viv & Ronnie James Dio hated each others guts. What happened to class and dignity huh? Jeezzz.....let it rest.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Re: Anyone going to see Dio?

Post by Father Jack »

Can't stand shovel face Campbell
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

Say what you mean ronnie!!!!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOwZBo8FQvo[/youtube]
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

Sour Mash wrote:Say what you mean ronnie!!!!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOwZBo8FQvo[/youtube]
Ha !! :mrgreen:
Good ol Ronnie :lol:
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

I guess it's true when they say it all comes back on you.
Kev

Post by Kev »

I like them both, they are/were very good at what they do/did.
Not going to take sides or judge.Wasn't this feud a quarter of a century ago. :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

That continued right until Dio left us yeah....
I don't see how there are even sides to consider. Viv has no class at all doing this after all the stuff said. A cash grab....now the master is unable to do anything about it.
Be interesting to see how far this goes, personally I'd love Wendy to step in and screw it all up.

Not even a press release stating the reasons for doing it like some bullshit "We are doing it in the memory of Ronnie...blah blah". Viv just doesn't care and clearly they all need abit of cash. Sad.
Kev

Post by Kev »

PyroMessiah86 wrote:That continued right until Dio left us yeah....
I don't see how there are even sides to consider. Viv has no class at all doing this after all the stuff said. A cash grab....now the master is unable to do anything about it.
Be interesting to see how far this goes, personally I'd love Wendy to step in and screw it all up.

Not even a press release stating the reasons for doing it like some bullshit "We are doing it in the memory of Ronnie...blah blah". Viv just doesn't care and clearly they all need abit of cash. Sad.
Calm down kev.
Blimey ,wished i hadn't bothered posting. :( :(
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

It would be nice to see Wendy sue them for every penny they've got, including viv's guitars which She could smash on the court steps after She won :D
ImageImageImageImage
Kev

Post by Kev »

Did any one go to the last tour Dio did of the uk with Heaven & Hell.

Twas a cracking show.
ImageImageImageImage

Pete

Post by Pete »

PyroMessiah86 wrote:http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen ... _band.html

What a fuc*ing joke. Viv & Ronnie James Dio hated each others guts. What happened to class and dignity huh? Jeezzz.....let it rest.

Viv's just bored of playing rhythm guitar for Def Leppard.

Let him do this and then move on. Music should be played & enjoyed in a live enviroment & if there is a problem I'd guess Wendy will step in and put a stop to it. Just a shame that Viv & Ronnie never made up before the great man's passing...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

Kev wrote:

Calm down kev.
Ehh? What's up with you?
No problems with you dude....didn't know you were that sensitive. :lol: :lol:
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Its his hemorrhoids making him all tetchy. :lol:

I think Stu has a valid point here regarding Wendy. Doesn't she own the estate and rights to all of Ronnie's music / songs / name / logo, etc ?
Surely Shovel face would have to approach her before he took the band on the road and surely permission is hers to give or ultimately, deny.
Kev

Post by Kev »

PyroMessiah86 wrote:
Kev wrote:

Calm down kev.
Ehh? What's up with you?
No problems with you dude....didn't know you were that sensitive. :lol: :lol:

:D :D :D :D :D
ImageImageImageImage

Pete

Post by Pete »

It's all Steel Panthers fault!!!

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... ed-singer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Andrew Freeman is prepared to be regarded as “the world’s most hated singer” when he replaces Ronnie James Dio in a reunion of Dio’s original lineup.

Guitarist Vivian Campbell recently announced he’d jammed with keyboardist Claude Schell, bassist Jimmy Bain and drummer Vinny Appice, and it had gone so well they’d decided to work together again.

Now Schnell confirms they’ll perform under the name Last In Line, by way of a tribute to Dio, who died two years ago yesterday.

The keyboardist also reveals the reunion came about after Def Leppard axeman Campbell jammed with metal cabaret act Steel Panther.

Schnell tells MusicLegends: “Viv had done an impromptu play with Steel Panther and he was energised to the point of saying, ‘We should get together.’

“It was initially supposed to be a fun hang. It turned out to be more than just fun. As chance would have it, it actually sounded quite good.”

But the musicians shared a sombre moment when they jammed Dio classic Holy Diver. Schnell says: “The song starts with just the instruments alone. I think all of us had kind of a memory anticipation of the next thing we were going to hear being Ronnie’s voice. Other than the obvious and notable absence it sounded exactly as it sounded back in the day.

“On the one hand it felt great to be playing this great music again – but Ronnie being no longer with us to sing it became painfully obvious as we progressed through the session.”

Despite those emotions, Schnell says former Lynch Mob singer Freeman did a great job. “If he didn’t, I don’t believe we’d be pursuing the project with him,” the keyboardist explains. “His online comments about ‘preparing to be the world’s most hated singer’ notwithstanding, I think he’s going to do a ver credible and impressive job of covering this material.”

When Dio returned to Black Sabbath in 2006 the lineup called themselves Heaven and Hell after one of their albums, to distinguish what they were doing from Sabbath’s output. That’s a leading reason why the former Dio men came up with the name Last in Line – the band’s second album but the first to include a keyboardist in the band.

“It’s been getting a very good response,” says Schnell. “It’s a subtle nod to Ronnie. The first album on which we all played, me included, was The Last in Line. And I think it works better than Holy Diver does anyway.”
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)