Talk about other bands... or whatever!
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Detroit dark city?

Post by nicksmithworld »

Detroit dark city? Detroit plans to shrink by leaving half the city in the dark

http://io9.com/5913561/detroit-plans-to ... socialflow

Detroit's population is shrinking. The city boasts 60% fewer residents today than it did in 1950, and, as we've seen, many of its grand buildings have been left to rot. Now Detroit Mayor Dave Bing wants to concentrate the population in a smaller area by reducing the number of streetlights and leaving nearly half the city in the dark.
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Re: Detroit dark city?

Post by Father Jack »

The place is nearly as dead as Grimsby :shock:
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

I love Detroit but yeah it's sooooo on the decline... These areas the mayors making dark are more than likely the ones I was pissed and alone in at 3 AM
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Most of the people have moved out into the suburbs,i couldnt believe how quiet the place was.On the Saturday just two hours before the gig we had to walk five blocks to see another person.That said when the concert was fast approaching it began to fill up.There really isnt much to do in the place apart from visit the Hard Rock,Motown and visit a bar where the barmaids breathe fire! :D
After the show on the second night we were walking back to our hotel at three in the morning when a big steamer landed on the pier,approx 500 black people got off the boat and engulfed us. They noticed our t shirts and couldnt believe KISS had been in town.Before leaving on the Sunday we took a walk down towards the American Football stadium and the difference was amazing,people everywhere,tailgate parties on every corner and a fantastic atmosphere about the place.A game of football in the US is a real event,the streets were full of sideshows,eateries etc.

Im sure Grunge(Gary) will be able to provide some more info on Detroit as his lovely wife Nicole and her family lived/live there,

Is there a South Detroit mate? :?: :lol:
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Post by nicksmithworld »

seems so weird. the world's population growth etc..NYC being so crowded etc..I liked Detroit...very odd
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!