60th Jubilee thing..

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

60th Jubilee thing..

Post by madmark »

Does anybody feel quite proud about this? I have been watching the flotilla and am mighty impressed. No Sex Pistols songs in sight (or sound!). The Americans are probably quite jealous ,AGAIN! :lol:
Ziggy played guitar...or was it Ronson?
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Re: 60th Jubilee thing..

Post by AxeBass »

They are worth £ Billions and yet we still have to pay for them via our taxes. They should pay for themselves and admit that Harry is illegitimate and then I'll respect the profile and revenue they create for the country. While they scrounge and lie, whilst being waited on by servants that I've contributed to I'm not interested and am more embarrassed than proud. Shame it is raining so hard...
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Post by tallfruit »

everything mr axe just said im afraid
KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by KISStrooper »

If its a choice of my taxes going towards the Royal Jubilee or supporting the illegal immigrants who scrounge and contribute feck all to the country, or the millions of tossers who pay nothing into the system yet pride themselves by producing copious amounts of kids thus making a good living off benefits with out ever having to work again, then I'm with the Royals, God save the Queen :D
Mick
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

I didn't realise this was going to get so heavy...I just like all the pageantry...sorry.. :( :shock:
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by The Hendon Kiss Army »

It was a great day putting the GREAT back into GREAT BRITAIN. After last years riots it is good to see communities coming together to celebrate a happy event. Despite the weather it has created a feel good factor and it is a welcome change without having to think about The Eurozone mess that will undoubtely cost more jobs and heap more pressure on the normal folk of this country.

Looking forward to two more days of celebrations and jubilee(ations) as one of tonights performers might say.
KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by KISStrooper »

The Hendon Kiss Army wrote:It was a great day putting the GREAT back into GREAT BRITAIN. After last years riots it is good to see communities coming together to celebrate a happy event. Despite the weather it has created a feel good factor and it is a welcome change without having to think about The Eurozone mess that will undoubtely cost more jobs and heap more pressure on the normal folk of this country.

Looking forward to two more days of celebrations and jubilee(ations) as one of tonights performers might say.
Well said Sir :D
Mick
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

The Hendon Kiss Army wrote:It was a great day putting the GREAT back into GREAT BRITAIN. After last years riots it is good to see communities coming together to celebrate a happy event. Despite the weather it has created a feel good factor and it is a welcome change without having to think about The Eurozone mess that will undoubtely cost more jobs and heap more pressure on the normal folk of this country.

Great post mate!!
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Post by nicksmithworld »

But why was it endless shots of dilapidated scout huts decorated with bunting made in china, full glum people eating dull sandwiches off paper plates? :shock: :D
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
kissengland
The Originals (1976)

Post by kissengland »

madmark wrote:I didn't realise this was going to get so heavy...I just like all the pageantry...sorry.. :( :shock:
Dont appologise, you have nothing to say sorry for.
For the record, I think the Monarchy is worth every penny
Give Me Measures Of Pleasure And Pain, Boiling The Blood In My Veins
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

kissengland wrote:
madmark wrote:I didn't realise this was going to get so heavy...I just like all the pageantry...sorry.. :( :shock:
Dont appologise, you have nothing to say sorry for.
For the record, I think the Monarchy is worth every penny
Thank you for the reassurance , and just for the record , i'm also going to watch the concert tonight with a clear conscience! Rocking out with Dame Shirley :D Just been watching and she only got one(!) song..... I've seen her twice in concert and she was unbelievable both times... One song???? One song!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by madmark on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

nicksmithworld wrote:But why was it endless shots of dilapidated scout huts decorated with bunting made in china, full glum people eating dull sandwiches off paper plates? :shock: :D
Nick you are such a sceptical old bugger! :lol:
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

That was really quite good. Some of the music was a bit so-so, lots of it actually... but Elton was good , Paul McCarteny was excellent , and i thought Charlie's speech at the end was from the heart, The pyro on the other hand reminded me of a band i've seen... but the name escapes me :lol: On the whole , to the people that organised the gig... Job well Done! :D More pageantry please...
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

That concert was spine curlingly cringingly dreadful. This country is now rock bottom in its own pit of cheese. :oops:

Oh, hang on.... Breaking news that will sink us to new depths .... ITV Day Break says Sir Gary Barlow will be announced in the next honours list.... :oops:

Come on Harry Hewitt... Only you can break the mold, by marrying a stripper or getting Cheryl cole up the duff.... Even I'd wave a union jack to celebrate that... :lol: Unfortunately they would have him killed before that could happen :roll:
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

AxeBass wrote:That concert was spine curlingly cringingly dreadful. This country is now rock bottom in its own pit of cheese. :oops:

Oh, hang on.... Breaking news that will sink us to new depths .... ITV Day Break says Sir Gary Barlow will be announced in the next honours list.... :oops:

Come on Harry Hewitt... Only you can break the mold, by marrying a stripper or getting Cheryl cole up the duff.... Even I'd wave a union jack to celebrate that... :lol: Unfortunately they would have him killed before that could happen :roll:
Thats the best thing about the forum,no two people see things the same.Interesting to see other people's take on things. I politely disagree with most of what AB says but i do find it annoying that the word 'hero' and knighthoods are terms used to describe every man and his dog in this day and age.

I got up this morning and managed to make meself some toast....CBE anyone??? :wink:
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'