Football season 2012/2013

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
skinnymartin

Re: Football season 2012/2013

Post by skinnymartin »

I am not sure any manager would instruct the team to stand still and look like you don't give a damn whenever we have posession.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Pete

Post by Pete »

skinnymartin wrote:I am not sure any manager would instruct the team to stand still and look like you don't give a damn whenever we have posession.

Unless they're a clueless buffoon who sticks to a rigid 4-4-2 formation with no idea (or inclination) to change to suit the opponents.

Still, Harry's available now.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

skinnymartin wrote:I am not sure any manager would instruct the team to stand still and look like you don't give a damn whenever we have posession.
Wenger does it week in week out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Pete

Post by Pete »

crad wrote:
And he plays a mean guitar whilst doing it...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5DrdPrPpMU[/youtube]
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

I don't think Gerrard is the worst culprit of standing still and not moving forward. Did you not notice James Milner then Martian ? The most immobilised winger in the history of football. Shit & shockingly shit is a brief summary of his attributions & his involvment in last nights game. Rooney was completely stationary last night also, didn't want to be there and looked as though he didn't give a shit.
Young & Welbeck just need a bit of time & Carroll didn't have a bad game when he came on.
Johnson is still a total liability and should seriously get some coaching on how to pass the ball to a player wearing the same shirt as him.
Our best player throughout the tournament and as much as it pains me to admit it was that felating boy fiddler, Cole. The penalty aside, he was outstanding at left back and proved he is one of the best in the world in that position.
fuc*ing hell, I feel disgusting now. :lol:
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

crad wrote:
Arsene Wenger may not be perfect - but this is definitely not one of his failings. Arsenal are a great pass and move side.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

skinnymartin wrote:

Anyway, I find it somewhat ironic that the man who symbolises everything that is wrong with English football was the one who missed the final penalty.
Comments like this are a big part of the 'English disease' in terms of succeeding at international level. Your bitterness over him leaving your club that has no ambition means that you cannot totally back your country. I may be critical of Rooney, Carroll, Parker (why can't people see him for the unfit journeyman that he is?) but when playing for England I want the best for them.

Cole left your little club that has won nothing since, and has won, I can't even be arsed to count them, but say 10 major honours .... I think he made the right decision. He is the best left back in the world and is approaching 100 England Caps and yet you cant support him. It wouldnt happen in Spain, Italy or Germany so why do we kill our national sport by acting like that ...... oh yeah because he shot someone with a pellet gun by mistake or asked for more money or cheated on his wife ..... anyone would think he spent a summer in jail on a rape charge like RVP..... who no doubt will soon see sense and leave for more money.

Another big England problem is the Arsenal disease .... players that have been told they are great that run hot and cold with no confidence as demonstrated by OX and Walcott. Flashes of excitement followed by long periods of nothing ... also demonstrated by Carroll, Young, Welbeck etc in fact the only ones who don't have that problem are Terry, Rooney (when fit), Cole and Gerrard ..... why is that? 2 reasons 1 they are born winners and 2 they have all been put through so much shite by the media that they simply dont care what anyone thinks of them any more so they are 100% focused on the game and each one of them knows how good they are.

While we continue to attack our best players for common misdemeanours like adultery, greed or minor bar room brawls we will never create the Team we need ... this is further compounded by over hyping those that that NEVER won a trophy in their lives so they believe they are 'world class'.... until they take the field and confidence drains from them when the going gets tough. The latter contributes to England's downfall and IS Arsenal's

Overall though, my opinion of Euro 2012 is that Woy delivered in his own style and within his own limitations. The guy is in his 60's and has been around for ever ... we should have known better!
Pete

Post by Pete »

AxeBass wrote: Overall though, my opinion of Euro 2012 is that Woy delivered in his own style and within his own limitations. The guy is in his 60's and has been around for ever ... we should have known better!
Some of us did... :wink:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
crad

Post by crad »

Father Jack wrote: fuc*ing hell, I feel disgusting now. :lol:
So you should :D
crad

Post by crad »

AxeBass wrote:
skinnymartin wrote:

Anyway, I find it somewhat ironic that the man who symbolises everything that is wrong with English football was the one who missed the final penalty.
Comments like this are a big part of the 'English disease' in terms of succeeding at international level. Your bitterness over him leaving your club that has no ambition means that you cannot totally back your country. I may be critical of Rooney, Carroll, Parker (why can't people see him for the unfit journeyman that he is?) but when playing for England I want the best for them.

Cole left your little club that has won nothing since, and has won, I can't even be arsed to count them, but say 10 major honours .... I think he made the right decision. He is the best left back in the world and is approaching 100 England Caps and yet you cant support him. It wouldnt happen in Spain, Italy or Germany so why do we kill our national sport by acting like that ...... oh yeah because he shot someone with a pellet gun by mistake or asked for more money or cheated on his wife ..... anyone would think he spent a summer in jail on a rape charge like RVP..... who no doubt will soon see sense and leave for more money.

Another big England problem is the Arsenal disease .... players that have been told they are great that run hot and cold with no confidence as demonstrated by OX and Walcott. Flashes of excitement followed by long periods of nothing ... also demonstrated by Carroll, Young, Welbeck etc in fact the only ones who don't have that problem are Terry, Rooney (when fit), Cole and Gerrard ..... why is that? 2 reasons 1 they are born winners and 2 they have all been put through so much shite by the media that they simply dont care what anyone thinks of them any more so they are 100% focused on the game and each one of them knows how good they are.

While we continue to attack our best players for common misdemeanours like adultery, greed or minor bar room brawls we will never create the Team we need ... this is further compounded by over hyping those that that NEVER won a trophy in their lives so they believe they are 'world class'.... until they take the field and confidence drains from them when the going gets tough. The latter contributes to England's downfall and IS Arsenal's

Overall though, my opinion of Euro 2012 is that Woy delivered in his own style and within his own limitations. The guy is in his 60's and has been around for ever ... we should have known better!
Look on the bright side No Liverpool players missed a Penalty :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway there is always September to look forward to nice little trip to Moldova for the mad dogs & englishmen
Woy forget the Old fart's, get the young guns out Fook Ferguscum whingeing wenger & the like...Get the rest of the world running scared,Instead of them saying oh it's only England,
time for change is now.
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Post by tallfruit »

gutted with the performance last night, up until last night italy have looked average at best but we made them look amazing, hard to take that a 33yr old player run the game so easily, pirlo made our midfield look like kids we are a long way off winning a major tournament.

the other prob i see is that gerrard, terry,cole,parker are coming to the end of their international careers but 3 of them (parker was shit lol) where still our better players of the tournament despite everyone going on about our youngsters.

on the plus have you ever seen such an arse in a football shirt as ballotelli all the skill but the attitude of a 10 yr old whos been told he cant have some sweets lol
Kev

Post by Kev »

People have very short memories, 2 years ago England came home from the world cup a complete joke.
Judge Roy after the next tournament. :D
P6 W4 D2 L nowt.

PS, the virus, that is scum,Judas,parasite is set to join Blackburn, hope he brakes his neck in his first challenge, cant wait for him to step back at Elland road.twot.
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
crad

Post by crad »

Kev wrote:
PS, the virus, that is scum,Judas,parasite is set to join Blackburn, hope he brakes his neck in his first challenge, cant wait for him to step back at Elland road.twot.
Nobody gives a hoot it's only Chumpionshite footy :D
Kev

Post by Kev »

crad wrote:
Kev wrote:
Shame that, some top class players go on and do very well at the highest level from lower leagues.
I think Mr Lambert will be a handful this season, he was at Bristol Rovers 3 years ago. :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Pete

Post by Pete »

Kev wrote:
crad wrote:
Kev wrote:
Shame that, some top class players go on and do very well at the highest level from lower leagues.
I think Mr Lambert will be a handful this season, he was at Bristol Rovers 3 years ago. :D
Aye. Used to be a time when the top teams would the lower leagues for talent. Ian Rush etc...
Doesn't happen that often these days which is a shame...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)