As it appens

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

As it appens

Post by KISStrooper »

I read a good article about jimmy Saville a couple of years ago. The article was originally about Gary Glitter and his fondness for jail bait as it was described and his subsequent downfall. However the same article also stated that Glitter was not alone in his perverted pleasures and many of the celebs on the pop seen around this era in the 70's also followed suit.

Allegedly it was common knowledge but no one would speak out until GG walked into PC World with his computer. The same article also named Jimmy Saville and Jimmy Page as two of GG's circle of freinds that also luke to indulge in young girls and abuse the status that they had achieved.

I never thought the same of Saville after reading that BUT today only confirms whats been said and known for years.

Dead or alive the truth needs to come out and I bet Page is shitting himself now!
Mick
Kev

Re: As it appens

Post by Kev »

ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

Post by highvoltage1969 »

There's a character in Irvine Welsh's, 1996 Ecstasy book of short stories that is reportedly based on him, it's pretty lurid stuff.
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Post by RippingFleshFromBone »

I used to know a journalist on small newspaper and he told me about a few celebs whose 'preferences' were well known but kept hidden because they were 'stars'. Even he wouldn't tell me all the names cos he said if it got back that it was him talking he'd lose his job. Did name a couple of TV 'stars' tho.

And no, he didn't mention Jimmy S or Page.

Personally I find it a bit pathetict that when someone is dead, and can't defend themselves, all of a sudden everyone comes out of the woodwork. Regardless of his 'power' in the showbiz/TV world, if there was any real evidence I'm sure the police wouldn't careless who he was and would have brought a prosecution?

Considering all he did for charity and his shows bringing enjoyment to kids, I really hope all this is Bullsh*t and peeps just trying to make some ££££. But if true, then they should have spoke up while he was alive.
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

And so now those who said "you can't say things like that" about that fecking paedophile can all kiss my arse.
I told you all he was a dirty fuc*ing pervert but no one wanted to believe me.
Proof M'lud.....
Father Jack wrote:Howz about that then ?
Here's a more than fitting tribute to the yorkie perv who made my skin crawl.
kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Post by kingjames1970 »

I was pretty sure he was too by rumours I've heard over the years and it's shocking how it was covered up (allegedly). When he died I thought it was only a matter of time.

I don't understand the psychology of abuse but it's strikes me as terrible that 1) nobody reported it while he was still alive and could defend himself or be punished and 2) surely if one of the first 'victims' has spoken out, he would have been caught and therefore prevented from doing it again?

Money, fame and charity work = ultimate get out of jail free card it appears.

I don't know what the answer is but it's obvious that victims of sexual abuse have to feel able to come forward more easily.

As FJ said, he always made my skin crawl too.
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by The Hendon Kiss Army »

I agree with the other comments about why wait until he was dead.

However reading all the reports in the media this morning there seems to be have been a string of compliants accusations of the years but were either not believed or lack of evidence.

I can remember Juimmy Pursey from Sham speaking about discos near Hersham where Jonathan King and other record execs used to abuse young boys. He said it had been going for years and despite protests etc nothing was ever done.

Unfortunately it often the really vunerable that these predators pick on knowing they are unlikely ot be believed, just look at the recent grooming cases in Derby & Bradford where the men took girls from the childrens homes .

Its a very sad world we live in but hopefully others will find their voice heard in the future.

AND yes Father J you appear to have been spot on all along...
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Post by nicksmithworld »

I always hate it when they go after people after their death, it just seems sordid and they simply can't defend themselves.Why didn't they speak out at the time? Is it that his estate is worth a few bob and there's a chance of some claim??
The trouble is that now, whether or not he's guilty or innocent of these allegations there will now always be a cloud hanging over him. I remember Henry Rollins saying that as soon as he became known/or famous the weird rumours started. I do wonder if the people around them are jealous and have to do this to somehow bring them down a peg or two, or whatever reason they do it for.

We'll never know if these allegations are valid but Esther Rantzen has jumped on the bandwagon already to give him a kicking. :roll: Why didn't she say anything at the time?? Now she's painting herself as saintly as usual.

He was odd, but he was entertaining and a big part of the 70's. It's a shame that it'll become a horrible mess that will tarnish everyone involved. :(
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

My parent's always said he wasn't right !!! There was something he his hiding was what my Mother said How true.....
Ironic thou that all this has come into the media just has a Letter was published...
Dear Jim,
Could you please fix it for the girl in my class,
who i really fancy to come on holiday with me..
Yours Sincerely
Jeremy Forrest 30
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

nicksmithworld wrote: Esther Rantzen has jumped on the bandwagon already to give him a kicking. :roll: Why didn't she say anything at the time?? Now she's painting herself as saintly as usual.
(
How typical of her :roll: :roll: yet she was one of his biggest supporters. Pathetic excuse for a woman who is as annoying as she is tediously & monotonously boring.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

kingjames1970 wrote: get out of jail free card.
Dear Fellow Teenage Girl Molestor,
Can you fix it for me to have one of the above please.

Many thanks,
Jeremy Forrest
Aged 30
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

If he was abusing young kids, it needs to be exposed. Yes it would have been better when he was alive - but there may be lessons to be learned if it does turn out that people turned a blind eye, and they can only be learned if the truth comes out.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by The Hendon Kiss Army »

Just said exactly what Skinny Nartin said to Mrs HKA. Important that if proven as a society we can learn from mistakes
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Post by nicksmithworld »

feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Post by RippingFleshFromBone »

Certainly makes you wonder.
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!