Post by madmark »

I'm not a massive sports fan but .... Jolly well done Sir...! :D
I also think his young lady is rather attractive as well.... :wink:
Ziggy played guitar...or was it Ronson?
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Re: Well Done Andy Murray

Post by AxeBass »

Given the choice at the start of the year of Arsenal finally winning a trophy or the English hating jock finally winning Wimbledon I would have picked Muzzer every time so it could be worse.

Personally I think his Mum is a munter so dunno what you are on about :wink:
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

AxeBass wrote:Given the choice at the start of the year of Arsenal finally winning a trophy or the English hating jock finally winning Wimbledon I would have picked Muzzer every time so it could be worse.

Personally I think his Mum is a munter so dunno what you are on about :wink:
Did I say Mum? NO! I said his other half! By the way ,I was born in Islington...so Arsenal winning would have been nicer ...but Beggars etc..
Sorry if I sound pissed off , but one of my classmates died this morning after a long illness... :(
Kev

Post by Kev »

Tennis , who gives a fk.

I could never ever say well done to that giraffe necked fkr.

I will never forgive Andy Murray for his “anyone but England” comment.

tw@T.
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Pete

Post by Pete »

madmark wrote: Sorry if I sound pissed off , but one of my classmates died this morning after a long illness... :(
Sorry to hear this. Hope you're ok.

Congrats to Andy Murray.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
kissengland
The Originals (1976)

Post by kissengland »

Well done Andy Murray - British at last

Madmark - sorry to read of your loss
Give Me Measures Of Pleasure And Pain, Boiling The Blood In My Veins
kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Post by kingjames1970 »

Kev wrote:Tennis , who gives a fk.

tw@T.
Come on mate, he was a kid when he said that and he wasn't being serious. I've never understood why some people take the old Scotland v England banter seriously. Scotland is a tenth of the size and it's mostly poking a stick at your bigger neighbour! Straight off the court he said it was great to win it for Britain.

As a Scot who has lived in England for the last 15 years, I'm sick of the minority of Scots who slag off the English too. There is a difference between banter and bigotry and luckily most of the time it stays the right side of the line.

My son's a cockney for gawd's sake...!
starchildmark
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by starchildmark »

Great British tennis hope Andy Murray talks to FFT back in September 2009 about the Hibees and how he could have been a footballer.

Andy Murray laughs. He knew the question was coming: did he really say he'd support "anyone but England" at the World Cup? "I think anybody who really knows the story of what happened knows it was all a joke," he explains. "Knowing full well they hadn't qualified, a journalist [Des Kelly of the Daily Mail] asked me if I'd be supporting Scotland in the 2006 World Cup. He started laughing, so I said: 'I'll support anyone but England.' It was just a joke, but all of a sudden it turned into some big national debate. I ended up learning quite a lot from such a small thing."

I love Scotland spent loads of time up there for work, and it is a wonderful place. Edinburgh is my Fav capitail City in the UK, a lot better than London

And Well Done Andy, A great Scotsman and Great Britain
kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Post by kingjames1970 »

starchildmark wrote:Great British tennis hope Andy Murray talks to FFT back in September 2009 about the Hibees and how he could have been a footballer.

Andy Murray laughs. He knew the question was coming: did he really say he'd support "anyone but England" at the World Cup? "I think anybody who really knows the story of what happened knows it was all a joke," he explains. "Knowing full well they hadn't qualified, a journalist [Des Kelly of the Daily Mail] asked me if I'd be supporting Scotland in the 2006 World Cup. He started laughing, so I said: 'I'll support anyone but England.' It was just a joke, but all of a sudden it turned into some big national debate. I ended up learning quite a lot from such a small thing."

I love Scotland spent loads of time up there for work, and it is a wonderful place. Edinburgh is my Fav capitail City in the UK, a lot better than London

And Well Done Andy, A great Scotsman and Great Britain
Good man! Wait a minute... Edinburgh?! :shock: I didn't say anything about not hating people from the East Coast :lol:
Kev

Post by Kev »

kingjames1970 wrote:

tw@T.
Come on mate, he was a kid when he said that and he wasn't being serious. I've never understood why some people take the old Scotland v England banter seriously. Scotland is a tenth of the size and it's mostly poking a stick at your bigger neighbour! Straight off the court he said it was great to win it for Britain.

As a Scot who has lived in England for the last 15 years, I'm sick of the minority of Scots who slag off the English too. There is a difference between banter and bigotry and luckily most of the time it stays the right side of the line.

My son's a cockney for gawd's sake...!
Working for a scots company, talking too them everyday,visiting Glasgow, I for one can say, they never joke about that sort of thing.The Scotland /England thing goes beyond banter with them.
That's why I have become so bitter towards Scotland at any sporting event.
Sorry that's the way it is.
Best thing to come out of Glasgow? The M6.
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Post by kingjames1970 »

Working for a scots company, talking too them everyday,visiting Glasgow, I for one can say, they never joke about that sort of thing.The Scotland /England thing goes beyond banter with them.
I apologise on behalf of the majority of my fellow countrymen for the poor treatment you have received. Just don't tar us all with the same brush. Maybe you've encountered Neds? (Our Chav counterparts.)

99% of my friends who go to Glasgow love it.
Kev

Post by Kev »

kingjames1970 wrote:

I apologise on behalf of the majority of my fellow countrymen for the poor treatment you have received. Just don't tar us all with the same brush. Maybe you've encountered Neds? (Our Chav counterparts.)

99% of my friends who go to Glasgow love it.
Thank you kind sir, I still cant bring my self to say any form of credit to the bloke from North of Blackpool who played tennis in London over two week period.(Phew ,think I explained without saying anything kind to owd crane neck miz arse murray.) :D
ImageImageImageImage

madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

F*8king Hell... I only wanted to wish someone well done ... not start the North - South Korean conflict over here... :roll:
Kev

Post by Kev »

madmark wrote:F*8king Hell... I only wanted to wish someone well done ... not start the North - South Korean conflict over here... :roll:
A bit of a dramatic post young madmark, no conflict here ,just a few people posting opinions/reasons, in a sensible manner to each other.
I see you have posted a similar topic,then comment on another site . :lol: :lol:
:D :D :D
ImageImageImageImage

madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

Kev wrote:
madmark wrote:F*8king Hell... I only wanted to wish someone well done ... not start the North - South Korean conflict over here... :roll:
A bit of a dramatic post young madmark, no conflict here ,just a few people posting opinions/reasons, in a sensible manner to each other.
I see you have posted a similar topic,then comment on another site . :lol: :lol:
:D :D :D
If you check the time of my postings you'll see that i've usually been on the sauce so am liable to write bollocks at that time of night....! Please ignore anything posted after 11pm...Thank You. :lol: :lol: :lol: