Bogata set list.

Talk about anything KISS related here.
Kev

Re: Bogata set list.

Postby Kev » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:52 pm

madmark wrote:
nicksmithworld wrote:^Yes to all of the above. It kills me to watch these recent clips.

BUT are you going to Download?..... :D

Probably!The Dead Daisies,Mark Tremonti,SLASH/Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators, well worth the money! !
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)

kissinuk
Administrator

Postby kissinuk » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:23 pm

Kev wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .

That is fkn awful. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

McGhee Entertainment have taken the whole lot down!

Mr Grady
Alive! (1975)

Postby Mr Grady » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:12 pm

kissinuk wrote:
Kev wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .

That is fkn awful. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

McGhee Entertainment have taken the whole lot down!

i think that speaks volumes!

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:23 am

The sad thing about this is Paul's voice sounded quite strong during the residency in Las Vegas (as I'm sure Axebass, MadMark, Crad et all agree). Obviously not 1992 strong but better than in a long time which makes me wonder whether the days of flying around the world are now past them.

Being on a plane for so long breathing recycled air can't be good for anyone, let alone a 63 lead singer who gives 110% every working night of his life.

If the end is indeed nigh then I shall make sure I enjoy Download as much as I can, and try getting to Vegas again should there be another residency in the near future. Once they band are no more (Or its Kiss 2.0) that's my interest gone.

At least I've the records, the memories & the friends made along the way during this incredible journey...

Kiss...the soundtrack of our lives.
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Postby frontier(s) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:45 am

kingjames1970 wrote:The end must be coming soon and I think it's great that people will still have the chance and want to see them. But I never want to cringe at hearing my hero singing so I'm not sure I could anymore unless they shook things up with the setlist to try and help. Doing IWMFLY is crazy.

Completely agree with the entirety of your post. Perfectly put.

The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Postby The Hendon Kiss Army » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:47 am

Agree with Madmark - The anticipation before and after that curtain goes back. Still makes my hair stand on end. :D

frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Postby frontier(s) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:13 pm

tallfruit wrote:i cant understand why nothing is being said or done to address it, it is as if *-) is in denial and everyone else is afraid to say anything in case it upsets him, but ive played in bands for years and when someone is that bad on stage with you the rest of the band know it too

Of course they know. In the same way they/we all know Peter Criss simply cannot perform to an acceptable standard anymore, it's obvious that Paul can't either. It's also a little galling that Paul continues to slate Ace's ability when, on the available evidence, he holds up better live these days than Paul does.

But this brings us back to the reason nothing's being said or done about it: Kiss can, did and do exist without Peter Criss and Ace Frehley being up to the job. Kiss cannot exist if/when everyone accepts that Paul isn't up to the job. Even where Gene's concerned, I don't even think it's about the money, it's about nobody wanting to have to face that the best band to ever walk this earth may have come to an end.

I've loved Kiss for almost 36 years, since I was 9 years old, and I always will do. Christ, I even have a soft spot for Vinnie Vincent!, but regardless of past glories, past efforts and all the rest of it, Paul cannot sing live anymore. That's something of an issue whilst Paul continues to sing live.

I'm going to do my level best not to read any reviews of the Download show because - for the first time in 36 years - I don't think I'll be able to disagree with what they say. It isn't going to be pretty.

AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby AxeBass » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:26 pm

frontier(s) wrote:
Of course they know. In the same way they/we all know Peter Criss simply cannot perform to an acceptable standard anymore, it's obvious that Paul can't either. It's also a little galling that Paul continues to slate Ace's ability when, on the available evidence, he holds up better live these days than Paul does.

I'm going to do my level best not to read any reviews of the Download show because - for the first time in 36 years - I don't think I'll be able to disagree with what they say. It isn't going to be pretty.

Ace 'holds up' about 2 or 3 times a year, that is it. The rest of the time he sits in a convention centre signing albums from the 70s for £20 a time.... The rights to which he long since sold.

It amazing how some fans will pour over shitty quality YouTube clips and yet refuse to read a review. Paul's voice is shot? Maybe but he has his good days ... And weeks... Vegas for example on the whole was good. His voice has never been as bad as it was on the Alive 35 Tour but he raised his game at Download 2008 and they blew the UK away.

Quick .... Post a bad Vegas clip to prove me wrong and convince those of us that took the trip that it wasn't another 'time of our lives' provided by Kiss. Download will be nothing less than another one for that list.

madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Postby madmark » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:49 pm

Let's be honest , some of us see the glass as half full,and some of us see it as half empty. Everybody is going to have an opinion and I happen to agree with the positive on this thread... let's just go and have a great time... and if Gene frowns on me having quite a few beers, SO BE IT!!!! See most of you all there! :D
Ziggy played guitar...or was it Ronson?

frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Postby frontier(s) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:35 pm

AxeBass wrote:It amazing how some fans will pour over shitty quality YouTube clips and yet refuse to read a review.

Because I can see and hear for myself what Paul's performances are like and I don't want - or need - it pointed out to me by people who will revel in it.

TONYSOUTH
Alive II (1977)

Postby TONYSOUTH » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:09 pm

For me it just good to see people on this forum still care about the band we have all loved :D Also this thread has got the forum going again :shock:
This is only my opinion… it is neither right nor wrong (but my lovely wife tells me I'm always wrong)!

AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby AxeBass » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:24 pm

frontier(s) wrote:
AxeBass wrote:It amazing how some fans will pour over shitty quality YouTube clips and yet refuse to read a review.

Because I can see and hear for myself what Paul's performances are like and I don't want - or need - it pointed out to me by people who will revel in it.

No need for any band to play live again when we have YouTube .... :roll:

55 days til Donington :D *-) $-) ACE-) 3-)

frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Postby frontier(s) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:45 am

AxeBass wrote:55 days til Donington :D *-) $-) ACE-) 3-)

And I truly hope you enjoy every second of it. It's just that I know I wouldn't.

Not overly bothered if that offends you in some way or makes you the bigger Kiss fan.

Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:11 am

AxeBass wrote:
55 days til Donington :D *-) $-) ACE-) 3-)

Really? Wow!!! Bring it on.
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby AxeBass » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:58 am

frontier(s) wrote:
AxeBass wrote:55 days til Donington :D *-) $-) ACE-) 3-)

And I truly hope you enjoy every second of it. It's just that I know I wouldn't.

Not overly bothered if that offends you in some way or makes you the bigger Kiss fan.

54 ..... :lol:

Return to “General KISS Chat”