the posties strike what do you think

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Gary5150
Double Platinum (1978)

the posties strike what do you think

Post by Gary5150 »

I'm sick of it
They are glorified paperboys, who get to knock off at lunch time. Thats those of them that dont fling it into the nearest hedge or into the loft.
get on and do your job!
Christ, It makes me mad. :evil:
Mainly because I'm waiting for cheques and a new bussiness credit card. If it wasnt for that I would be right behind them! Right on Brothers :lol:
If its worth doing well, shout at someone else untill they do it right
chikara
Gene Simmons (1978)

Re: the posties strike what do you think

Post by chikara »

I've had a gutful myself... their strikes recently, have cost me a tidy sum of money. Even when things are running smoothly, they still manage to lose quite a few parcels... or damage them. I don't give two hoots why they are striking... they should just get back to work and sort it out another way.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

They think they're hard done to waking up at some daft hour then doing a 9 hour day ? Pffft !!! Part time, work shy slackers the lot of em !!! Obviously not enough large vicious dogs for them to tackle these days.
kissmandave
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by kissmandave »

Dont start me on these t*****s, W*****s the lot of them, unreliable, keep losing (or stealing) my mail, the stuff I sell on ebay, even a cheque sent to me disappeared in to the great royal mail deep pockets :evil: :evil:

I am the legalised scourge and pillar of society we all love...............PERFECT
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Out in all weathers,up before the crack of dawn,the Queen's messengers........Not sure if they deserve more money but they do a damn fine job.
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
mrmajester
Alive II (1977)

Post by mrmajester »

It's every working man's right to strike, up the workers! :wink:
Pete

Post by Pete »

I think they're shooting themselves in the foot.

Think of all that backed up mail they'll have to deal with. Still it won't be long before our post is sent to India to be sorted and then sent back to us.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
kissmandave
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by kissmandave »

mrmajester wrote:It's every working man's right to strike, up the workers! :wink:
Dont dispute that at all - lordy knows there have been many times in the past where I would love to have downed tools and walked out on strike, just this lot are SUPPOSED to be doing a service to the great British public, and because they basically have us all by the proverbial balls we are gubbed.

I am midway through a remortgage process for a new deal and this lot have held everything back because of their stupid and silly 1970s attitude to industrial relations. This is the 21st Century for Pete's sake, technology, communications - its all there for them to use but they choose not to and to try and railroad there management into giving them a deal which could possibly cost a massive fortune to the company and subsequently a real loss of jobs.

Thats how short - sighted and single - minded they are, seeking today that, which they could all lose tomorrow :!: :!: :!:

I am the legalised scourge and pillar of society we all love...............PERFECT
Pete

Post by Pete »

kissmandave wrote:
mrmajester wrote:It's every working man's right to strike, up the workers! :wink:
Dont dispute that at all - lordy knows there have been many times in the past where I would love to have downed tools and walked out on strike, just this lot are SUPPOSED to be doing a service to the great British public, and because they basically have us all by the proverbial balls we are gubbed.

I am midway through a remortgage process for a new deal and this lot have held everything back because of their stupid and silly 1970s attitude to industrial relations. This is the 21st Century for Pete's sake, technology, communications - its all there for them to use but they choose not to and to try and railroad there management into giving them a deal which could possibly cost a massive fortune to the company and subsequently a real loss of jobs.

Thats how short - sighted and single - minded they are, seeking today that, which they could all lose tomorrow :!: :!: :!:

Don't you be blaming me for this young man!!!! It's not my fault!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
kissmandave
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by kissmandave »

:wink: Err, sorry - figure of speech old boy :wink: :lol:

dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

kissmandave wrote:

Well put Dave!

Trouble is.... while they're striking, businesses are striking up deals with reliable courier companies and taking work away from them for the future. As you say, they don't see the bigger picture..... :roll:

Seems to me that a foreman says "all out" and they jump without actually thinking.... :?
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
Spaceace2001
The Originals II (1978)

Post by Spaceace2001 »

Exactly! This isn't the 1970's when mass strike action was a way to 'solve' pay disputes. We're led to believe Royal Mail is losing money as it is, surely this is going to strenghten the case for de-regulation and privatisation of the postal service.
"I went to my friend's house one day, and he had an electric guitar he had just bought with a tiny little amp. I turned the volume up to 10 and I hit one chord, and I said, I'm in love."
Ace Frehley
largebloke
Alive II (1977)

Post by largebloke »

I can understand some aspects of the strike.. If I was a 58 year old who has been walking the rounds for years, and dreaming of not having to get up in all weathers, I'd be devastated to be told I had to work until 65 instead of 60. I understand why they want to bring it in, but to do it with personnel they already employ is out of order.
All strikes wind me up, but this one is nothing compared to the tube strikes - now they REALLY take the p**s. The drivers go on about health & safety so much you think we'd be safe as houses, although I have seen drivers either reading or watching a dvd player too many times to think they really care a great deal. If they get reported and sacked, that's it - another strike! Bob Crow is one of the most detestable people on earth..
Phew, that was a bit of a mini rant :shock:
When did Motley Crue become Classic Rock?
Pete

Post by Pete »

largebloke wrote:I can understand some aspects of the strike.. If I was a 58 year old who has been walking the rounds for years, and dreaming of not having to get up in all weathers, I'd be devastated to be told I had to work until 65 instead of 60. I understand why they want to bring it in, but to do it with personnel they already employ is out of order.
All strikes wind me up, but this one is nothing compared to the tube strikes - now they REALLY take the p**s. The drivers go on about health & safety so much you think we'd be safe as houses, although I have seen drivers either reading or watching a dvd player too many times to think they really care a great deal. If they get reported and sacked, that's it - another strike! Bob Crow is one of the most detestable people on earth.. Phew, that was a bit of a mini rant :shock:

Not something I have a problem with too often.
Can imagine the chaos a tube strike causes though...get across London isn't easy at the best of times...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by KISStrooper »

Many years ago i was made redundant and because i had a payout in leui of notice i couldnt claim anything, rather than sit on my arse i got a part time Job at the post office in the run up to Christmas sorting the post.

I was still down in the dumps about losing my job and friends but needed to earn as well ,so they stuck me in front of loads of pidgeon holes and there i stood for 8 hours sorting the letters. Mind numbingly boring and tedious.

We were made to wear white arm bands at all times.

The "full time" posties stood behind us and verbally abused us saying we were taking there work and calling us rather unpleasant names. Even though they stood around taking the piss for hours they would treat us like crap and even spat on the floor as we walked by.

We couldn't sit in 'there' parts of the canteen and werent allowed to do this and that.

I stuck it nearly two weeks when i ripped the band of and told them stick there poxy job up there own mailboxes. The reply i got was "F*** off anyway".

From that day on i have no respect for the postmen, wouldnt piss on them and they are cutting there own throat the stupid bastards.

i'm not saying all posties are like the crew i met but they have a cushy job and through there own greed are severing there own lifeline. When they are out of work they may get a taste of there own medicine.

Welcome to the real world.

Royal mails shite.
Mick