14%
Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime"
No votes

Total votes: 7

raydeen
Ace Frehley (1978)

Most annoying Christmas song

Post by raydeen »

You may only vote for one. I was going to include The King's "Blue Christmas" because of that "woo-OOO-ooo-OOO-ooo" stuff in the background that sounds like a warped 78rpm record playing at 33 1/3, but that just wouldn't have been right. I guess ruining Rock 'n Roll wasn't enough for Beatle Paul. This grating tune has that zonked-out "boop beep" trippy-dippy keyboard/moog bit in it that for some reason has always reminded me of the music from an Italian zombie/cannibal movie. Or maybe it was the soundtrack to "Phantasm". I've come to dread hearing it's haunting "melody" waft through the air of shopping malls, grocery stores, et al. The world's most famous vegetarian stump-freak must like spoiling Christmas for me and the teeming masses of consumers. Humbug! I'd even take that f*cking "Dogs barking 'Jingle Bells'" over this (admittedly mercifully) seasonal bit of audio terrorism.

Q. What do you call a dog with Wings?
A. Linda McCartney.
The quality goes in before the name goes on.
fox~fan
The Originals II (1978)

Re: Most annoying Christmas song

Post by fox~fan »

omg thats hilarious and completely true!! that is my least fave xmas song ever!!
My fave is Shakin stevens merry xmas everyone !! :D im not ashamed!! :razz:
fox~fan
The Originals II (1978)

Post by fox~fan »

sorry - double post!
Last edited by fox~fan on Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrmajester
Alive II (1977)

Post by mrmajester »

Band Aid, total tosh. Best one has to be Slade.
w00dy

Post by w00dy »

Best one - Cashing In On Christmas - Bad News :D

Most annoying is any xmas song that isn't Slade or Wizzard.
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

I voted for Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time".

The best has to be Kim Wilde and Mel Smith "Rocking Around The Christmas Tree".

Whoever said Kim Wilde had lips like a bruised vulva, they was right.
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
Pete

Post by Pete »

w00dy wrote:Best one - Cashing In On Christmas - Bad News :D

Most annoying is any xmas song that isn't Slade or Wizzard.
Get's my vote too. However having grown up in a house where Cliff Richard was/is King then I'd also like to give Mistletoe & Whine and Saviours Day honourable mentions!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
The Dant
Love Gun (1977)

Post by The Dant »

Have to go along with Macca's as the most tiresome...although Jona Louie's "Stop The Cavalry" bothers me greatly too

I have 2 favourites - Greg Lake's "I Believe In Father Christmas" is one obvious one, but another that's nowhere near as well known is a song called "Keeping The Dream Alive" by Freiheit, a German band I think - song was out in 1988 IIRC...absolutely reminds me of Xmas every time I hear it even though it has no references to Xmas at all!!

Plus an honourable mention to The Pretenders 2000 Miles!!

Ian
3-)
(Pete in DTK)
http://www.iandanter.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are now the knights who say...ekky ekky ekky f'tang woop longerlmmmmmmmn...........ni
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by The Hendon Kiss Army »

I can think of a few worse than Sir Paul's Christmas tiding.

As we appear to be doing related jokes a few years ago Heather Mills McCartney opened one of her christmas pressies from Paul and it was a lovely false leg. However she was very dissapointed and said to Paul is this my main present and he said .... wait for it....

Don't worry Heather its just a stocking filler... Boom Boom...

I love most of The Christmas songs, Slade, Wizzard, and I agree with The Dant Greg Lake is fab. My fave ithough s a more recent ditty - Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses.
chikara
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by chikara »

I hate, (yes hate), that Slade Christmas song... just don't get what the rest of the nation does...
largebloke
Alive II (1977)

Post by largebloke »

Whilst I don't think it's a Christmas song, there's one attached to the Christmas advert for Homebase right now that is driving me insane. It's the one that goes "Bippety Boppety Boo" and it sticks in my head for hours AND I BLOODY HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
When did Motley Crue become Classic Rock?
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Phew, that was a difficult choice.

Anything that Cliff Richard releases is most bothersome & will no doubt upset my christmas greatly.

An honourable mention must go to those cretinous chav tossers East 17 or E17 (or whatever they call themselves today, Burberry or innit or white lightning or something along those suped up Nova, adidas wearing, staffie owning, bumming off the state, grandkids at 30 lines), for that horrendous turd disguised as a yule log, 'Stay'.

Feckin chavs !!! :mad:
chikara
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by chikara »

largebloke wrote:Whilst I don't think it's a Christmas song, there's one attached to the Christmas advert for Homebase right now that is driving me insane. It's the one that goes "Bippety Boppety Boo" and it sticks in my head for hours AND I BLOODY HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know that one all too well as well.... I'm right there with ya...
LoveGun
The Originals (1976)

Post by LoveGun »

Father Jack wrote: An honourable mention must go to those cretinous chav tossers East 17 or E17 (or whatever they call themselves today, Burberry or innit or white lightning or something along those suped up Nova, adidas wearing, staffie owning, bumming off the state, grandkids at 30 lines), for that horrendous turd disguised as a yule log, 'Stay'.

Feckin chavs !!! :mad:
AMEN to that!!!! I HATE that poxy song with a passion. And how does it have any frigging relation to christmas whatsoever???? put some bells in the background, and some white fluffly hoodies and there you go apparently. (they're all mongs too which makes it ten times worse)
B*llocks.

misleTOAD and WHINE is another one that gets right up my nose. Snore!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My fave... wait for it.... is 'Last Christmas' - WHAM!.
For me, it's Christmas when I hear that, and I never get bored of it. fabulous.
Slade's one just bores me these days. thank god I've only had to deal with it for 24yrs.... god help me if I was around in 1973. I'd be bored rigid if I'd of had to endure that for another decade previously!!!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Can I also add to this list ANYTHING by the 'winner' of X Factor. I know it's not a Christmas song but it's pretty much guaranteed to the Christmas number one and that really pisses me off. I'd rather Mr Blobby or Bob the Builder were at number one than this shit!!!

I hate Simon Cowell with a passion and would love to smash his face in with a baseball bat. Smug f**king W**ker.

Rant over...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)