Remember the Coop

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Dwight Fry
Ace Frehley (1978)

Remember the Coop

Post by Dwight Fry »

Sorry Vince, I forgot your birthday way back in February. Happy 60th! Here are some fun memories I've gleaned off YouTube;

From right to left, top to bottom:
Alice in a blonde wig performing 'The Lady is a Tramp' from the Cooper movie, 1973
Alice as a butler in the cult movie Sextette, 1977
Alice 0.5 secs prior to being pied in an oddball US TV show 1979
Alice performing 'The Quiet Room' live on the MadhouseTour in 1979
Alice performing 'Only Women Bleed' on US TV, 1977
Alice meets Tom Snyder 1981
Alice from the Clones (We're All) promo 1981
Alice from the 'How You Gonna See Me Now' promo 1978
Alice shortly after killing a TV camerman live onstage with his mic stand! 1986

And for those who've yet to witness Alice Cooper impaling the cameraman in one of the best stage gimmicks I've ever seen, check this shit out;

Oh, but before I do, there was a message made earlier on about misogyny and WASP. Well, you may consider The Coop giving Ms Whiplash a good seeing to in retaliation as misogynistic - but The Coop ALWAYS gets his come-uppence!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C1zp8vblSoE
w00dy

Re: Remember the Coop

Post by w00dy »

For a minute i thought you meant the.................

:D :D :D :D :D
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Good old Alice - sixty eh? Nice one.
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
raydeen
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by raydeen »

'80 to '86 were rough years. I didn't need the Snyder show reminder. Yikes. Even compartmentalizing it as being Vincent Raven instead of A.C. doesn't help anymore.
The quality goes in before the name goes on.
Dwight Fry
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by Dwight Fry »

raydeen wrote:'80 to '86 were rough years. I didn't need the Snyder show reminder. Yikes. Even compartmentalizing it as being Vincent Raven instead of A.C. doesn't help anymore.
He looks dead on the Synder show, admittedely. The records were a little ropey too, at times. The back-up band were almost comic book, particularly on TV show appearances, but I loved the make-up around that period. He was off his trolley though.
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Is that the sort of goth transvestite Japanese housewife look? I kinda like that.
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

Frehley75 wrote:Is that the sort of goth transvestite Japanese housewife look? I kinda like that.
LOL :lol: That 'clones' period was abit crazy
raydeen
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by raydeen »

I think he dubbed that look 'military drag'. We've had this discussion on here before, but repeating for those needing: the albums from that period are worth checking out. I couldn't handle them when they were new, but I've either mellowed with age or "Trash" was just too slick and calculated for me (but hey, it worked.) and I decided to reappraise this whole era at the time instead. They're totally confused, but nothing would make me happier than to have him cobble together a nifty medley of songs from that era and play 'em on his upcoming Summer US tour. I always smile when I hear the line about the 'high tech DEVO suit' on the Special Forces album. (I think.)
The quality goes in before the name goes on.
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

I really like the Dada album. Have most of coops albums except a couple of 80's ones...dont have 'special forces' yet but got the boxset with a couple of tracks on.
Dwight Fry
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by Dwight Fry »

raydeen wrote: I always smile when I hear the line about the 'high tech DEVO suit' on the Special Forces album. (I think.)

Oh man, what a song. That's 'Dance Yourself To Death' from Flush.

Mom's hair's all green and dirty
She wears a high tech Devo Suit
She changed her name to Xerox
She hides Quaaludes in her boots

Oh, me, I'm all real embarrassed
When I hear the things they do
They kinda compromise my social position
And my cool-ativity is sufferin' too
beingpaulstanley
Alive II (1977)

Post by beingpaulstanley »

w00dy wrote:For a minute i thought you meant the.................

:D :D :D :D :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Its all at your Co-op NOW!"

*-)
DRESSED TO KILL : http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://www.youtube.com/kisstributeuk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://www.facebook.com/kisstributeuk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/beingpaulstanley" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Ever wanted to be someone else?
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

I loved special forces one of my fave alice albums theres a great song from that period look at you over there ripping the sawdust from my teddy bear!! What a title!!
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

The Coop can NOT do any wrong in my eyes.

I missed him on the Special Forces tour but saw him on the Constrictor tour onwards.

Dwight you fancy doing the Sounthampton gig - gonna find out if my weekend down the south coast is on next week ....