Iron Maiden Twickenhamlast night

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
skinnymartin

Iron Maiden Twickenhamlast night

Post by skinnymartin »

'Twas a grand show indeed. Bruce and Co showed us a good time.

Only criticism weas that the sound was not great where I was at the backof the Stadium where I was sat - probably something to do with the air being so bloody thin thsat far up.

Confirmed they will be recording something new next year.

If it works for Maiden, why not KISS?
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
raydeen
Ace Frehley (1978)

Re: Iron Maiden Twickenhamlast night

Post by raydeen »

Maiden doesn't have the identity issues that KISS has/had. Though it would be kinda fun to hear Maiden attempt a 'Grunge' record or do an album of poncy Diane Warren and Desmond Child compositions. 'Psycho Circus' will probably be the capstone, so get used to it. Now, if 'Psycho' had sold a few million units, that may have shown G&P that there was a point in going forward with new material. But it didn't, we're 10 (!) years out now, and it looks to be "Guitar Hero V: Nostalgia Band Frenzy!" all the way to the bitter end. IMHO.

Maiden should ask KISS to open for them.
The quality goes in before the name goes on.
Roger H
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Roger H »

Only criticism weas that the sound was not great where I was at the backof the Stadium where I was sat - probably something to do with the air being so bloody thin thsat far up.
Sound was crap everywhere in the stadium, for every band, on the floor and middle tier, really spoilt the gig for me. :evil: First time I've been to " twickers" for a concert and it will be the last! Ho Hum! :( :(
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

You would have thought that Maiden were on top of dealing with sound in venues like this by now.

A world without heroes
Without heroes
Hazza
Love Gun (1977)

Post by Hazza »

I was there down the front (had won early entrance) until half way through "2 Minutes To Midnight"...then about 50 of us fell...VERY scary...I'd had enough...I moved to about half way back. There were some right arseholes down the front (or at least TRYING to get down the front) and I was surprised there wasn't a "D" barrier...guess they might think about that for next time..."Mariner" & "Moonchild" more than made up for it! :wink:
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Post by grunge »

I was really disappointed with the sound. :evil:

Reading Kerrap! on the way down, Bruce said they'd been working on the sound so everyone would get the best quality possible. What a load of old W4NK!

I joined the fan club to get pre-sale tickets and they were shite too! Lower tier - half way back, grrrr

I think Twickenham was simply too big! :shock:

Mariner was the highlight for me though - simply love that song!

Great to meet Skinnymartin at last- 'twas a pleasure mate.

I've got some pics I'll post - good job I bought a new camera with a 7x zoom!! :neutral:
Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage
Pete

Post by Pete »

Was this show sold out???
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

by Pete on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:54 am

Was this show sold out???
Nowhere near. "Officially" the standing tickets were sold out but the floor was almost empty past the mixing desk (not a good job guys) and lighting rigs and there were thousands, yes really, of empty seats. :oops: Bad day for the touts(scalpers) as well they were left with fistfulls of tickets (shame) :D
Pete

Post by Pete »

So even Maiden cannot sell out a venue that size?

They should've stuck to the MEN's etc of this world and brought this tour (which I was really interested in seeing) to a smaller venue.

Oh well they do love being british though...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Yep agreed. A couple of nights at wembley arena or the O2 ( if they wanted to keep it in the south,why not the N.E.C.and give everyone a chance?) would have been much better, sound wise and sales.
Pete

Post by Pete »

hairychin wrote:Yep agreed. A couple of nights at wembley arena or the O2 ( if they wanted to keep it in the south,why not the N.E.C.and give everyone a chance?) would have been much better, sound wise and sales.
I'd have probably gone to the NEC. I'm not the biggest Maiden fan but would've loved to hear the stuff I grew up with...oh well Maidens loss I guess...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

May have been as much about the particular venue they chose rather than the size of it. Travelling into and out of London from Twickenham is a nightmare. To be fair the buses were very well organised. But it took me well over an hour to get to Kings Cross on the way back, whereas it's about 20 mins from Wembley.

A world without heroes
Without heroes
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Back in the day - mid '80's ... I really liked Maiden's stance on touring.

They would rather do a run of Hammy O shows than one Wembley .... or 3 nights at Newcastle City rather than a Whitley Bay Leisure centre .... or Brum Odoen instead of the NEC .... Cardiff St David's Hall instead of the Ice Rink.

It's a pity that Twickers was not sold out .....
But being a "up the hammer's supporter" of the 70's and I know Harry is a massive fan - I would have thought they would have done a footy stadium?

This would have been good ... but my big gig budget for this year has been blown by a certin NYC band who wear makeup.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Dan bach wrote:
This would have been good ... but my big gig budget for this year has been blown by a certain NYC band who wear makeup.
New York Dolls... :?: :wink:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

Testing the waters i guess...to see if they could fill a UK stadium. Shame it wasnt sold out, i mean they fill stadiums in other countries but not their own. :?
Kudos for giving it a go though ay?