AIRBOURNE

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
skinnymartin

Re: AIRBOURNE

Post by skinnymartin »

plugfooty wrote:
Thayer 08 wrote:I didn't get Stone Gods. They were okay with the odd Wildhearts type song but really if a couple of them weren't in the Darkness they'd being doing covers in pubs.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

i thought Airborne were shit, just over 1 hour for the main band of the night is a joke,tribute bands do a longer set :roll: the sound was distorted,to loud for the venue, the singer screamed like a injured cat,couldn't understand a word he said. The bass player might as well unplugged,couldnt hear him,huge let down for me. thank foook for Stone Gods. :D
*Reads with dropped jaw*
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
w00dy

Post by w00dy »

skinnymartin wrote:
plugfooty wrote:
Thayer 08 wrote:I didn't get Stone Gods. They were okay with the odd Wildhearts type song but really if a couple of them weren't in the Darkness they'd being doing covers in pubs.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

i thought Airborne were shit, just over 1 hour for the main band of the night is a joke,tribute bands do a longer set :roll: the sound was distorted,to loud for the venue, the singer screamed like a injured cat,couldn't understand a word he said. The bass player might as well unplugged,couldnt hear him,huge let down for me. thank foook for Stone Gods. :D
*Reads with dropped jaw*
I agree with Plugster......the sound was fookin awful...my mate timed them,they did a cozy 57 minutes.They went off after 45 mins then came back on for encores..Personaly i think that is fookin disgusting.I think if they haven't got the material to do a proper full set then they should be a support act.
I don't think i'll be going to see them again but i'd defo go see the Stone Gods who were fookin brilliant.
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Sold out for Monday : -(

A world without heroes
Without heroes
Kev

Post by Kev »

sorry martin,i think in the cd is brill,but live, no thanks, bashing a can against his head :roll: whats that all about,he will fu*k his vocal chords up shouting like that :lol: and 1 hour for the main act :shock: :shock:
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Kev

Post by Kev »

skinnymartin wrote:Sold out for Monday : -(
yeh because STONE GODS are on :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
w00dy

Post by w00dy »

The way he sings and screams in between songs.....his voice won't last much longer.
Kev

Post by Kev »

Crad,pleasure to meet you m8,top man :D
ImageImageImageImage

Roger H
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Roger H »

plugfooty wrote:i thought Airborne were shit,
Well that's got me looking forward to tonight ! :roll:
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

plugfooty wrote:Crad,pleasure to meet you m8,top man :D
Same to you m8 pleasure to meet you,. :D
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Pete

Post by Pete »

w00dy wrote: I agree with Plugster......the sound was fookin awful...my mate timed them,they did a cozy 57 minutes.They went off after 45 mins then came back on for encores..Personaly i think that is fookin disgusting.I think if they haven't got the material to do a proper full set then they should be a support act.
I don't think i'll be going to see them again but i'd defo go see the Stone Gods who were fookin brilliant.
So what everyone is saying then is if a band doesn't have enough material to play for over an hour then they shouldn't headline...?

Hmmm...interesting point of few for Kiss fans to have.. :wink:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Pete wrote:
w00dy wrote: I agree with Plugster......the sound was fookin awful...my mate timed them,they did a cozy 57 minutes.They went off after 45 mins then came back on for encores..Personaly i think that is fookin disgusting.I think if they haven't got the material to do a proper full set then they should be a support act.
So what everyone is saying then is if a band doesn't have enough material to play for over an hour then they shouldn't headline...?

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

A world without heroes
Without heroes
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by The Hendon Kiss Army »

skinnymartin wrote:Motorhead, Saxon, Danko Jones this weekend, Can't fuckin' wait. Love all 3 bands.
Tried to post last night when I got in, but it seems to have disappeared.

A great night at a sell out Hammy odeon. Good to see you all be it very briefly Martin and sorry Idodn't get to see Niteworker.

Saxon were as solid as ever but wish they didn't do the one new song one old song pattern throughout the set. Loved Princess Of The night which is just so awesome .

Motorhead were the ebst I have seen them recently. Hihglights for me were I got Mine which was a real surprise and Killed By Death which has to be one of the greatest metal tracks ever.
w00dy

Post by w00dy »

Pete wrote:

Explain yourself Pete.....KISS play for 2 hours which is a good time IMO. :)
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

The Hendon Kiss Army wrote:
skinnymartin wrote:Motorhead, Saxon, Danko Jones this weekend, Can't fuckin' wait. Love all 3 bands.
Tried to post last night when I got in, but it seems to have disappeared.

A great night at a sell out Hammy odeon. Good to see you all be it very briefly Martin and sorry Idodn't get to see Niteworker.

Saxon were as solid as ever but wish they didn't do the one new song one old song pattern throughout the set. Loved Princess Of The night which is just so awesome .

Motorhead were the ebst I have seen them recently. Hihglights for me were I got Mine which was a real surprise and Killed By Death which has to be one of the greatest metal tracks ever.

Semi-naked fire breathing dancing girls were a bit of a highlight.

Loved Saxon. Biff has lost a bit of weight and looks good on it. Princess of the Night was awesome.

Motorhead were great. Seen them 6 times now - last night was the first time I've heard them do God Save The Queen live, t'was excellent, as was Going to Brazil, which I love.

A world without heroes
Without heroes
Roger H
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Roger H »

Well I don't know which bands Plugfooty and w00dy saw but it couldn't have been two that Isaw. I have completely the opposite view, thought Airbourne were awesome and the Stone Gods were utter Shite ! :?
Funny old world ain't it !? :roll: :wink: