Man on the Moon

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Pete

Man on the Moon

Post by Pete »

40 years ago today man landed on the moon for the first time.

Still an amazing achievement 40 years later.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Re: Man on the Moon

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Pete wrote:40 years ago today man landed on the moon for the first time.

Did we though :wink:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Mr.Spireite wrote:
Pete wrote:40 years ago today man landed on the moon for the first time.

Did we though :wink:

OFF COURSE WE FOOKING DID!! DON'T START WITH ALL THAT CONSPIRACY SHITE!!! :evil: :evil:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Post by kingjames1970 »

Disappointing we have done so little since. I'd have thought we'd have a nice colony on Mars by now or at least a lunar base!
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

Sorry Pete.... don't believe it...
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Well NASA are planning to revisit the moon very soon and when they do we'll know for sure wether it was a complete pile of bollocks or not. If they did go to the moon 40 years ago that bloody flag will still be there !!
In the mean time just think about this. It would have been easier and cheaper for NASA to actually send someone to the moon than to piss around with all the hoaxing, cover ups and fake stories all you doubters seem to think they created. The shadows on the photo's don't mean shite, its been proven that a natural light source (ie: the sun) can displace shadowing over a distance. The fact there are no stars on the pictures NASA have used has been proven too. Stars don't show up on photographic imagery. Our camera's just don't pick them up. Proven !
The alleged 'no landing disturbance' has been proven by conclusive experiments that the lunar pod could land without kicking up a massive dust storm and displacing everything around it.
It just seems that certain sections of mankind will always want to dispel and rubbish any achievement we make in advancing our knowledge.
Just think on.....Columbus was ridiculed for saying the Earth was round !!!!!!!!!!
And before Im laughed off the board......
All the doubters and conspiracy theorists have neglected to do one thing......ACTUALLY ASK NASA !!! :roll: :roll:
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Post by grunge »

I think they did it; My American Wife thinks it was a hoax! Dooooh! :roll:
Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage
Marie
The Originals (1976)

Post by Marie »

"We went to the moon in 1969...we found out it wasn't made of cheese....we haven't been back since."
Taken from "Behold, The Power of Cheese" commercial on TV a few years ago. :lol:

I don't remember the actual moon walk, but I do remember the astronauts coming back down to earth in their space capsule with huge parachutes after they came through the earth's atmosphere and landing in the ocean.
We had a black and white TV, and my Mom was holding me in her lap telling me to look for the Frogmen who were swimming out to the capsule after it landed in the ocean. Of course I was looking for frogs and was disappointed to not see any.
What was such the big deal ? sheesh ! No frogs ! :lol:
kissinuk
Administrator

Post by kissinuk »

As someone who has had the privilege of watching the shuttle launch I for one believe it was all true - if they could get a Saturn5 into orbit back in the 60's then I think there's no doubt they could have got to the moon (unless of course all the thousands of people who watched it take off were also in on it....). Some of the conspiracy theories are hilarious, I bet the original astronauts get really fu*ked off when they hear people who weren't even alive telling them they didn't go!

If it was all a hoax then they're still up to it - here's a pic from Nasa who have just found a lot of the original landing sites:-

More here:-
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/m ... sites.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

twix
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by twix »

im in the "no they dint" camp.

Just cant see it,
Lets Party... http://www.supamodel.co.uk

YOU CANT GET HOTTER THEN YOUR UNCLE ROTTER
http://www.unclerotter.com
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Spooky_Von_Glitter »

Wonder why 'we' haven't been back to the moon since 72....and all the so called astronauts are so against it.

Two words. PAY OFF.

Couldn't really give a monkey's though. Ok, if we send more people to the moon... make use of it. Send up all the yobs and rapists. That way, if a mission goes tits up... no loss to us! :lol:
Derp de derp de diddly derp!
kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Post by kingjames1970 »

Of course they went. Something like a million people were directly or indirectly involved – from the guys in mission control to the people who made bits for the circuit boards. In 40 years not one person involved has come forward and told of any real conspiracy. Do you think any government could keep that many people quiet for so long? Much easier to send a man to the moon than manage that.

Too many people watching dodgy documentaries on Channel 5 and reruns of Capricorn One.
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Spooky_Von_Glitter »

kingjames1970 wrote:Of course they went. Something like a million people were directly or indirectly involved – from the guys in mission control to the people who made bits for the circuit boards. In 40 years not one person involved has come forward and told of any real conspiracy. Do you think any government could keep that many people quiet for so long? Much easier to send a man to the moon than manage that.

Too many people watching dodgy documentaries on Channel 5 and reruns of Capricorn One.
Roswell? Area whatsitsname? No wait... that doesn't exist...or does it? ... or doesn't it? aaaahhh... :roll:
Derp de derp de diddly derp!
twix
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by twix »

kingjames1970 wrote:Of course they went. Something like a million people were directly or indirectly involved – from the guys in mission control to the people who made bits for the circuit boards. In 40 years not one person involved has come forward and told of any real conspiracy. Do you think any government could keep that many people quiet for so long? Much easier to send a man to the moon than manage that.

Dint a few get bumped off ?
Lets Party... http://www.supamodel.co.uk

YOU CANT GET HOTTER THEN YOUR UNCLE ROTTER
http://www.unclerotter.com
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

The reason they never went back is because between 69 and the last mission to the moon in 72, they or more so the public got very bored of it and didnt like all their money being spent on return missions to the moon when it could of gone into more important things around that time.
Plus theyd collected what they thought was all they needed to know on those missions for the time being.

Watched tonnes of stuff on this since i was like 8 or so. Also the recent shows on BBC4 about 2 weeks ago explained the many factors to why they havnt returned since 72. They have made a whole bunch of discoveries on the data collected since that time....hense the begining of basically the 2nd space race which is taking place now.