Adam Bomb

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
DaveC
The Originals (1976)

Adam Bomb

Post by DaveC »

I saw one time Kiss auditionee Adam Bomb play a gig in my hometown of Barrow in Furness last night, he closed his first set with two Kiss songs, Duece and Firehouse. He was very good, can't half play!
He has quite an extensive UK tour, well worth checking out.
Dave C

I was the only kid in school
to find his own education.
The kind the Dolls, Ramones
and Kiss laid down.

http://www.barrowafc.net/
PyroMessiah86

Re: Adam Bomb

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

Dont like the guy....remember the KISS expo he was at and he came off as a abit of a knob....actually let me rephrase that a total knob!
Took one quick look at his merch stand and he tried to flog me everything on it... and wouldnt take no for an answer. Literally was like "go on have it" "half price" on and on. NO fook OFF!!!

At a KISS expo because he auditioned for the band? So what.....jeezz probably 100/200 or more have for different slots in the band over the years and probably a tonne more talented. :D

Rant off.
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

DaveC wrote:I saw one time Kiss auditionee Adam Bomb play a gig in my hometown of Barrow in Furness last night, he closed his first set with two Kiss songs, Duece and Firehouse. He was very good, can't half play!

I was in The Kings on Friday nite for me mates band Black Star ...saw This advertised £3..cant go wrong..I remember Adam Bomb from back in the day and have some stuff on mp3...
should have had a stroll down ...many there..??
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Gary5150
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by Gary5150 »

always makes me laugh Adam, love the Italian band though, cool as
If its worth doing well, shout at someone else untill they do it right
Acebwfc66
Rock And Roll Over (1976)

Post by Acebwfc66 »

Yeah I remember him being....well lets say a little wasted at the expo. He was just trying to flog his merch. I bought something to shut him up :lol:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Acebwfc66 wrote:Yeah I remember him being....well lets say a little wasted at the expo. He was just trying to flog his merch. I bought something to shut him up :lol:

And some!!!

I have a Get Animal CD. It's ok...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

BlackieUK wrote:Dont like the guy....remember the KISS expo he was at and he came off as a abit of a knob....actually let me rephrase that a total knob!
Took one quick look at his merch stand and he tried to flog me everything on it... and wouldnt take no for an answer. Literally was like "go on have it" "half price" on and on. NO fook OFF!!!

At a KISS expo because he auditioned for the band? So what.....jeezz probably 100/200 or more have for different slots in the band over the years and probably a tonne more talented. :D

Rant off.
+1.... total knob jockey. Seemed to think he was a big 'rock star' but noone knew/cared who he was.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
Scottish_Connection
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by Scottish_Connection »

dtkdemongene wrote:
BlackieUK wrote:Dont like the guy....remember the KISS expo he was at and he came off as a abit of a knob....actually let me rephrase that a total knob!

Rant off.
+1.... total knob jockey. Seemed to think he was a big 'rock star' but noone knew/cared who he was.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember that performance, but my fave memory of seeing Adam Bomb (and the only other time I've bothered) was at a gig in Edinburgh about 3 years ago. I was there to support the local band I love called Peep Show. They were opening the night, there was another band on after them who I'd never heard of (local, myspace type of band I think) and then Adam Bomb was headlining. This how the evening went:

Peep Show play for 30mins to a crowd of around 50
Next band play for 30mins to a crowd of around 35 (some of Peep Show's fans have already buggered off to the bar cause there isn't one open in the music room or gone of to find somewhere cheaper to drink)
Adam Bomb plays for 1hr to a crowd that starts off around 30 and quickly dwindles to about 10, 3 of whom are his entourage. I say he played for an hour, I'm only guessing cause I gave up after the first song. Meanwhile security have chucked out one of Adam's roadies for trying to get to know a young girl intimately in the ladies toilets.

Ah, the rock n roll lifestyle of an international rock star - NOT!
17853 miles and counting - a personal Odyssey
1822 miles and counting - another Odyssey?
Pete

Post by Pete »

DaveC wrote:I saw one time Kiss auditionee Adam Bomb play a gig in my hometown of Barrow in Furness last night, he closed his first set with two Kiss songs, Duece and Firehouse. He was very good, can't half play!

Did he play 'Pissed'? That's a great song.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

I try not to go see him these days. I can never get rid of him.
He was playing Yardbirds in Grimsby last night.....was half expecting him to turn up on my door step. :lol: :lol:

He's very entertaining when he's sober and not covered in Bolivian marching powder.
frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Post by frontier(s) »

I saw him a few months back in a small pub near me, I was in the main front bar and heard the intro to 'Firehouse' and thought I'd go to the back/music room and there he was.

He was clearly pissed (and the rest) as he took about two minutes to light some lighter fluid he'd squirted over the drummer's cymbals. It didn't look very good even once he had managed to get it lit. I mean, seriously, what kind of person has trouble lighting lighter fluid with a lighter?

It was also so insanely loud as to be literally unlistenable. I like loud, don't get me wrong, but this was just stupid.
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Like his CDs, but wouldn't go to see him live cos he was quite a knob at the expo.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
beingpaulstanley
Alive II (1977)

Post by beingpaulstanley »

I love the way he's billed as once being in KISS. :shock: :roll:

Some of us have some rather 'choice' moments with him - mine are no exception. Lets just say he seemed only to care that he didnt have a support when I had to cancel My support with him in Leicester in 2004 cus My Grandmother had died holding My hand in Leicester Royal infirmary not 2 hours before I went to inform the venue manager of My impeding 'no-show', and Adam had evidently just arrived....

Thanks for your sympathy, U c**t.

*-)
DRESSED TO KILL : http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://www.youtube.com/kisstributeuk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://www.facebook.com/kisstributeuk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/beingpaulstanley" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Ever wanted to be someone else?
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Did he actually sell the "Eric Carr boots"

Nick & Rick from Nottingham and I were in deep conversation - how much these were worth - if they were the real deal.

I see him as a sad, slightly pathetic person ... who had his tiny slice of limelight and is trying to milk of connections, relationships as much as he can.

This is only hear-say, if it is true that he got Steven Adler re-hooked on heroine or cocaine - then his kudos as being a guitarist who was once interviewed for the kISS slot - goes out of the window.
DaveC
The Originals (1976)

Post by DaveC »

Sour Mash wrote:

I was in The Kings on Friday nite for me mates band Black Star ...saw This advertised £3..cant go wrong..I remember Adam Bomb from back in the day and have some stuff on mp3...
should have had a stroll down ...many there..??
Black Star are a good band, like them a lot.
The Kings had a decent enough crowd for Adam Bomb, busier than the last few times I've been in there.

Not sure if he playes Pissed, I'm not familiar with his songs.
Dave C

I was the only kid in school
to find his own education.
The kind the Dolls, Ramones
and Kiss laid down.

http://www.barrowafc.net/