Oasis split

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
JuggaloArmy
Love Gun (1977)

Oasis split

Post by JuggaloArmy »

yup im sure this will please a few noel gallagher has finally left oasis and blames his brother

Noel Gallagher has quit rock band Oasis, blaming his brother for the walk out.

A statement on the band's website read: "It is with some sadness and great relief that I tell you that I quit Oasis tonight. People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

"Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan."

Earlier, it was announced the band had cancelled their second gig in the space of a week because of "an altercation within the band".

They were expected to play the Rock en Seine festival in Paris but the crowd were told by Bloc Party, who were due to perform before Oasis, that the Manchester band would not be taking the stage.

Many of the crowd thought it was a joke - until the big screens at either side of the main stage showed the message "As a result of an altercation within the band, the Oasis gig has been cancelled".

Ben Clover, 28, who travelled from south London for the festival, said: "I was hoping to see the band on the top of their game - now I am not sure we will ever see them perform live again.

"There are a lot of British Oasis fans who have come over for this gig and they are very disappointed."

Last weekend the band pulled out of the V Festival in Chelmsford, which they were meant to headline. The band pulled the plug on their show at the annual music event because frontman Liam Gallagher was struck down with viral laryngitis. Their non-appearance sparked rumours they were set to split.

Earlier this month Liam revealed his relationship with his brother is so bad they no longer speak, travel separately on tour and only see each other on stage.
twix
Ace Frehley (1978)

Re: Oasis split

Post by twix »

*flashback to when take that called it a day :(
Lets Party... http://www.supamodel.co.uk

YOU CANT GET HOTTER THEN YOUR UNCLE ROTTER
http://www.unclerotter.com
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

I am sure he will be back.
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

JA, putting an Oasis thread on the KISS forum - whatever next! :wink:
KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by KISStrooper »

it's a shame they couldn't rise above it and honour there commitment to the fans who paid to see them ! imho unproffesional.
Mick
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

2016 ....The Oasis reunion..coming to a football ground near you.... :roll:
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

Thank fook for that.

BLUR were and still are the talented ones anyway.
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

BlackieUK wrote: BLUR were and still are the talented ones anyway.
As bad as Oasis are, they'll always better than them cockney prats. :D
frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Post by frontier(s) »

KISStrooper wrote:it's a shame they couldn't rise above it and honour there commitment to the fans who paid to see them ! imho unproffesional.
Absolutely agree.

As Alan McGee has pointed out, this is what happens when people no longer need the money.

Can't say I've ever liked Oasis stuff, the only thing entertaining about them are their interviews.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Good riddance to the mono-eyebrowed drug selling over hyped mancs wankers.
Complete and utter shite.

And having played on the same bill as Blur I have to say they too were over rated skinny tracksuit wearing cockney toss pots, much the same as all the malnourished looking student pap bands hyped to the bollocks today.

So to conlcude... fu*k off Oashit. Don't ever reform. You are and always have been a pile of shit championed by wankers at pretentious pap music rags and loved by the brainless chav masses of sheep and common denominator numpties who are as much a waste of space as Lisa, sorry Liam shoulder swinging car thief Gallagher.....son of Frank Gallagher.
fuc*ing toss.

Good bye and never ever ever come back to bore us again.

Wankers !!
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

Father Jack wrote:Good riddance to the mono-eyebrowed drug selling over hyped mancs wankers.
HAHA priceless. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Father Jack wrote:And having played on the same bill as Blur I have to say they too were over rated skinny tracksuit wearing cockney toss pots, much the same as all the malnourished looking student pap bands hyped to the bollocks today.
Even better. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

I speak nothing but the truth sir. :D :D
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

Blur are a good band :D

Nothing like Oasis so that'll do me. Seriously though Graham Coxon their guitar player is tremendous.
Saw Coxon live in 2003 ish...great gig. Not a student in sight either. Blur arnt a typical 'student' band like Kasbien or The Killers or similar crap..
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Spooky_Von_Glitter »

Father Jack wrote:Good riddance to the mono-eyebrowed drug selling over hyped mancs wankers.

And having played on the same bill as Blur I have to say they too were over rated skinny tracksuit wearing cockney toss pots, much the same as all the malnourished looking student pap bands hyped to the bollocks today.

So to conlcude... fu*k off Oashit. Don't ever reform. You are and always have been a pile of shit championed by wankers at pretentious pap music rags and loved by the brainless chav masses of sheep and common denominator numpties who are as much a waste of space as Lisa, sorry Liam shoulder swinging car thief Gallagher.....son of Frank Gallagher.
fuc*ing toss.

Good bye and never ever ever come back to bore us again.

Wankers !!
My sentiments exactly. :lol:
Derp de derp de diddly derp!
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Seeing them in 1994 in a bar in Northampton was one of the most memorable "fu*k me this is incredible" nights of my life. Totally Rock And Roll, admittedly wearing nice M&S jumpers and sensible shoes.

Having said that I've not seen them since and they've been a circus for years. "Definitely Maybe" and b-sides comp "The Masterplan" are still brilliant records though.
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"