Tribute bands/covers bands prices

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Kev

Tribute bands/covers bands prices

Post by Kev »

Just a quick question, what do you call a fair price to go see tribute/covers bands perform in your local etc..
Whats the most you would pay????????
(ps i dont want to turn it into a knocking topic of the bands just a simple question thats all i ask) :D :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Re: Tribute bands/covers bands prices

Post by Father Jack »

Depending on what your local is. If its the cock and thrippit that's geared up to have nothing better that Charlie fucknose do his weekly karaoke then I wouldn't expect the tribute band to be of any worth whatsoever and therefore you'd expect to pay anything between nothing and sod all and get value for money...ie: none whatsoever !
If your local happens to be somewhere that is well enough equipped to put on the top tribute bands such as Limehouse LIzzy (for instance), then you expect to be paying what the venue deems acceptable and reasonable to cover the cost of hiring the band, covering its overheads and in the process, giving you, the punter somewhere where you can enjoy a good night out watching a very good band putting on a very close re-inactment for your entertainment.
Don't forget some bands have spent years and years honing their skills. Have worked very hard to put a show together which is seen as being the closest you can get to the real thing in some cases and have earnt the right to charge more for their services than 'other' bands who may perhaps be a tribute to the same band.(Don't forget, the people in the bands would like to earn some money for actually going out of their way to give you a show. I speak from experience when I state that after starting a gigging day at 7am I EXPECT to get paid for what I do. Especially if that day doesn't end until 5am the following morning. Im not a charity and neither is anyone else who plays in a band !!!)
Its all relevant to who it is you want to see really and your location in the UK. For instance, here in happy Grimsbog we usually expect to pay between £4 - £10 depending on who the tribute is and their status on the tribute band ladder. In other parts of the country you might expect to cough up over £10 regularly. that may be because you get a far better choice of the better tribute bands.
The thing is you pay for what you get. If you want to pay next to nothing you will get utter shite and you can't really complain if that's the case. Its the same as everything in life. You expect to pay a little more for the better things.
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

Well imho, pub/club bands are limited to what they can charge. The pubs/clubs want to fill the place up so they make money out of beer sales. Don't the breweries pay for the bands in pubs anymore?
ImageImageImageImage
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

I'm in a covers band, we charge between 150-200 for the gig and that is split between four of us, not a lot of money but still good. A lot of pubs these days don't want to pay more than 200 to bands.

For paying to see a tribute cover band, 5 pounds is good, 10 is pushing it.
Bay

Post by Bay »

daniel3786 wrote:I'm in a covers band, we charge between 150-200 for the gig and that is split between four of us, not a lot of money but still good. A lot of pubs these days don't want to pay more than 200 to bands.

Wow, that hasn't gone up much in twenty odd years! I can't see DTK getting any less than £800 myself, i could be wrong though... FJ? Pm if you don't want the IR to see. :D :D
ImageImageImageImage
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Amazingly I agree with F.J. It all depends on the quality of the band and venue. But I think £10 is a fair benchmark.
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Spooky_Von_Glitter »

If the band I was gonna see was awesome, i'd happily pay £10 if i knew i was gonna get decent music and stuff.

Hell, i'd pay a tenner to get me out of being dragged to the jolly farmers pub and listen to that ole row they have going on in there!!
Derp de derp de diddly derp!
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

baykiss wrote:
daniel3786 wrote:I'm in a covers band, we charge between 150-200 for the gig and that is split between four of us, not a lot of money but still good. A lot of pubs these days don't want to pay more than 200 to bands.

Wow, that hasn't gone up much in twenty odd years! I can't see DTK getting any less than £800 myself, i could be wrong though... FJ? Pm if you don't want the IR to see. :D :D
Well DTK will get well more than 200 a night or else it wouldn't be feasible with all the pyros etc. FJ will probably expand on this.

I was on about mainly pub covers bands that they usually don't get more than 200, tribute bands who play bigger venues obviously will get more than 200.
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Post by nicksmithworld »

What!!??!! Charlie Fucknose is on tour!! somebody could have told me!! :shock: :D :D :D :D
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
Bay

Post by Bay »

daniel3786 wrote:
baykiss wrote:

Well DTK will get well more than 200 a night or else it wouldn't be feasible with all the pyros etc. FJ will probably expand on this.

I was on about mainly pub covers bands that they usually don't get more than 200, tribute bands who play bigger venues obviously will get more than 200.

I've seen DTK play a pub... :wink: I think i've seen Charlie Fucknose a few times too....... :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

If I can help it £00.00 - i'm renouned for my Intolerance to cover / tribs.

I've seen Bootleg Beatles, Bjorn Again, Illegal Eagles - once.
I don't see the point of going to see bands whose originals you can see.
Just put a cd on .....
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

nicksmithworld wrote:What!!??!! Charlie Fucknose is on tour!! somebody could have told me!! :shock: :D :D :D :D
I didn't want to over excite you Nick. Especially with your dodgy ticker and all that. :wink: :lol: :lol:
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Dan bach wrote:If I can help it £00.00 - i'm renouned for my Intolerance to cover / tribs.
How many times have you been intolerant enough to see us / parasite etc ?? You always seem to have a good night at every show. :?
I don't understand your use of the expression 'intolerant' Dan. Your intolerant of what tribute bands do or your intolerant of tribute bands playing the material of the original band and bringing people some enjoyment where the originals are either not touring, can't tour due to being dead or just take 9 years to bother touring on our side of the planet??
Dan bach wrote:I don't see the point of going to see bands whose originals you can see.
Just put a cd on .....
It may be your opinion Dan but I find this very harsh. After all, tribute bands do this mainly to keep fans of the original band happy whilst they themselves aren't touring at the time and if it weren't for some tribute bands there would be next to NO interest in the original bands they portray. Still, its your opinion and there are a few on here that share your opinion. I'll see you at a DTK show in 2010 mate. :wink:
w00dy

Post by w00dy »

My cover band refuses to play any pub that charges on the door. We get paid between £200-£250 each night and that gets split between 5 of us and we usually play twice a week. A bog standard pub shouldn't charge for entry.
Pete

Post by Pete »

w00dy wrote:My cover band refuses to play any pub that charges on the door. We get paid between £200-£250 each night and that gets split between 5 of us and we usually play twice a week. A bog standard pub shouldn't charge for entry.
And a bloody good noise you make!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)