Black Stone Cherry

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
hywelkidd
Alive! (1975)

Black Stone Cherry

Post by hywelkidd »

If any of you haven't already, I highly recommend seing them live. I saw them at a packed Birmingham 02 in October and they were absolutely amazing. Great value for money. I payed £30 plus the booking fee (about £2 i think) for me and my fiancee and were stood at the front (got in early with 02 priority) just infront of the bass player (well when he was near him mic anyway, they do move around a lot).
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

Re: Black Stone Cherry

Post by Spooky_Von_Glitter »

I concur. Bloody good band live. Saw them twice at Download and really enjoyed them. :)

Even better when whats his name (their front guy) teamed up with Shinedown *swoon* LOL
Derp de derp de diddly derp!
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

You wait until the gent, the right honourable Large Bloke logs on.
He is, you could say, a massive fan of BSC - not sure how many times he has seen them - but he's travelled far and wide to see them...
Over to you Large Bloke ........ :wink:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Great live band.

Saw them support 'snake and the Leps in 08.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Kev

Post by Kev »

Yeah ,love this band me sen and the woodsters got the chance to view them live last year at manc apollo,great gig.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28n6ScnG ... re=related[/youtube]
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
largebloke
Alive II (1977)

Post by largebloke »

Dan bach wrote:You wait until the gent, the right honourable Large Bloke logs on.
He is, you could say, a massive fan of BSC - not sure how many times he has seen them - but he's travelled far and wide to see them...
Over to you Large Bloke ........ :wink:
cheers for the handover Dan... :lol:

They are one of my favourite bands (I think I put them up first in the "other bands" post a couple of minutes ago). I have seen them more times than any other band I believe - it's hard to keep track. I love that Southern type sound they have that also mixes it up with a classic rock feel. What also makes them rise above the rest is that they are such nice guys. I am lucky enough to know them, and they always look after me whenever I go and see them. What other band will say "If you ever buy another ticket, we're not gonna let you in!" Like KISS, they have also expanded my friends list, as on my travels, I have met many people I'd never have met otherwise.
I like the way they change their set around frequently, so the show never seems like the same thing twice. I have seen a few sound checks, and they seem to remember most of their songs... I asked them to play "Stop Running" (b side from the Rain Wizard single), and after a quick discussion on what key it was, they just played it perfectly.
They are currently getting songs together for their 3rd album, but from what I hear, it's a bit slow at the moment, and there's only 3 or 4 songs down on tape. No doubt once that is done, they'll be on a US tour. For some reason, they just haven't been noticed over there, so they need to get recognition in their home market a little more. It was weird a year or so ago - After seeing them playing to 3500 at Brixton, my next show I saw was in the US where they were lucky if 150 people were there.
Just in case anyone bought Lynyrd Skynyd tickets thinking that BSC were supporting, I hate to disappoint and say that BSC will not be there. I think the tickets for Glasgow & Dublin actually have BSC printed on them, but it won't be the case.
When did Motley Crue become Classic Rock?
highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Yeah, I like 'em too. Saw them supporting Leppard and the David Coverdale Experience, er, I mean Whitesnake.
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Seen them live a couple of times and been really impressed. But I don't think they have captured it on CD yet though. Similarities with early KISS I suppose.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

Hell and high water.. One of the best songs EVER recorded by anyone.. Awesome...!
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Pete

Post by Pete »

Sour Mash wrote:Hell and high water.. One of the best songs EVER recorded by anyone.. Awesome...!

Just listening to Kiss 'Hell or high water'... :)
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

Pete wrote:
Sour Mash wrote:Hell and high water.. One of the best songs EVER recorded by anyone.. Awesome...!

That's shit..! :D
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Pete

Post by Pete »

Sour Mash wrote:
Pete wrote:

That's shit..! :D
No. It's just not as good as BSC song! :D
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)