BBC4 Tonight - Heavy Metal Brittania

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

BBC4 Tonight - Heavy Metal Brittania

Post by The Hendon Kiss Army »

For those who haven't seen this programme its well worth a view if you were around at the birth of NWOBHM. I caught it on Friday but it is repeated tonight on BBC4 at 9pm. Followed by some rare BBC footgag e of the likes of Budgie, (a very young ) Judas Priest, Diamond Head etc at 10.30 Then there is a hour highlights of the Maiden tour from a copule of years ago. A great nights rock.

If that doesn't float your boat, I still love watching the repeats of Ball Os Steel which is on 4music at 10.00pm. Outrageous Candid camera style show, which is usally very very funny.
hywelkidd
Alive! (1975)

Re: BBC4 Tonight - Heavy Metal Brittania

Post by hywelkidd »

The Hendon Kiss Army wrote:For those who haven't seen this programme its well worth a view if you were around at the birth of NWOBHM. I caught it on Friday but it is repeated tonight on BBC4 at 9pm. Followed by some rare BBC footgag e of the likes of Budgie, (a very young ) Judas Priest, Diamond Head etc at 10.30 Then there is a hour highlights of the Maiden tour from a copule of years ago. A great nights rock.

If that doesn't float your boat, I still love watching the repeats of Ball Os Steel which is on 4music at 10.00pm. Outrageous Candid camera style show, which is usally very very funny.

You've gotta love Balls Of Steel! Especially the Anoying Devil :twisted:
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by The Hendon Kiss Army »

And The Bunny Biler!!!!
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Not watched it all yet but the Saxon “Wheels Of Steel” clip is fantastic / hilarious and the Diamond Head performance is just stunning.
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

The Hendon Kiss Army wrote:If that doesn't float your boat, I still love watching the repeats of Ball Os Steel which is on 4music at 10.00pm. Outrageous Candid camera style show, which is usally very very funny.
Ahh...... Thaila Zucchi.... YUM!! 8)
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

If you missed it it's on Iplayer along with the Iron Maiden Flight 666.
largebloke
Alive II (1977)

Post by largebloke »

I loved Heavy Metal Britannia - it was such a trip back in time. I never went to the Soundhouse, but I used to go and see Neal Kay spin all that NWOBHM stuff down at the Green Gate. I can never remember seeing that many bands on Top of the Pops though. One of the funniest ones I remember, they didn't show - I remember when Black Sabbath were on playing Never Say Die. All you could see in the crowd were a load of trilby's as the mods had come back for 20 minutes :lol:
When did Motley Crue become Classic Rock?
All New Dwight Fry
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Post by All New Dwight Fry »

They had excerpts from Iron Maiden 2009 Tour afterwards as well. I quite enjoyed that. Only ever saw Maiden once and that was Donington '88. Their set was memorable because it was the point some girl squeezed passed me - bare breasted. :shock:

Anyway, looking at the venues they played, I was amazed at the markets opened up to them in South America where they are obviously extremely popular.

How comes KISS have never toured some of those places, like Nicaragua?

Also, much was made, on a different Iron Maiden show, 'classic albums' or some such, about Bruce Dickinson's famous scream on Number of the Beast. He waxed lyrical about spending take after take doing some particular piece of singing and when the producer annotated that he should scream at a certain point, he let rip.

And there was me thinking he was just doing a Daltrey on Won't Get Fooled Again. Oh well, Maiden were first. Again.

No, I enjoyed the live show they played on the telly.

I haven't owned an Iron Maiden album since I borrowed (long term) a friends 'Killer' ('Killers?) album when it got released.

Always considered them gimmicky after that! :razz: Mind you, The Trooper is a stunning track.
twix
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by twix »

balls of steal is well funny :lol:
Lets Party... http://www.supamodel.co.uk

YOU CANT GET HOTTER THEN YOUR UNCLE ROTTER
http://www.unclerotter.com