Reb Beach calls Kirk Hamster "worst guitarist"

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Reb Beach calls Kirk Hamster "worst guitarist"

Post by dtkdemongene »

Go Reb!! :wink:
Never a truer word spoken...... and Reb has every right as he is one of the BEST guitarists around.... 8)

Reb Beach of Winger and Whitesnake fame says Metallica's Kirk Hammett is the "worst guitarist I've ever heard in my my life."

Talking to Classic Rock Revisited, Beach piles into the man who founded early thrash metal technicians Exodus before replacing Dave Mustaine in Metallica in 1983, going on to write the riff for Enter Sandman.

It's another in a series of outbursts from member of Winger, who feel they've been harshly dealt with by being called a 'hair band', when in fact they always prided themselves on fine musicianship and technical ability.

Beach says: "I don't know the guy, but I think he's one of the worst guitarists I've ever heard in my life. I've never heard a solo from that guy that was any good.

"The guy's out of tune. His vibrato sounds like a beginner. Back in the 80s he was always voted best guitar player, and I'm like, 'What? That guy is terrible!'

"I hate to say that because I might meet him some day. But if he's in Metallica I have no problem saying it because in their biggest video, Nothing Else Matters, they threw darts at a posted of Kip Winger. Then they showed it live - there were 20,000 people a night laughing at Winger.

"So I don't mind saying Kirk Hammett sucks."
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Re: Reb Beach calls Kirk Hamster "worst guitarist"

Post by daniel3786 »

Go Reb, I am a huge fan of Reb's - loved his work with Winger and Whitesnake, always seemed a nice guy in interviews, flawless style and technical ability and he looks like a true rocker to boat..

Never liked Hammett...

Winger were by far one of the most underrated bands on a technical level, the drummer is a prof at Berklee for starters... the famous college in America which reads like a who's who list of stellar musicians who have studied there.
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Two things spring to mind.

1) Who the fu*k is Reb Beach?

2) Who the fu*k cares what he thinks?
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Just read it.

Winger? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Second divison twenty years ago, less than fu*k all now!

Winger! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dtkdemongene

Post by dtkdemongene »

Frehley75 wrote:Two things spring to mind.

1) Who the fu*k is Reb Beach? Answer - one of the finest guitarists of the last 20 years.

2) Who the fu*k cares what he thinks? Answer - very many fellow guitarists/musicians.

If you don't know or care then why post? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

I suggest anyone that doesn't know the guy listen to Dokkens Erase the Slate....

Awesome....
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Just wondered what kind of person had to resort to slagging off other musicians just get press coverage, or press coverage which people other than his own band of followers (likely to be not large) will come into contact with.

It's worked!

daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

Frehley75 wrote:Just wondered what kind of person had to resort to slagging off other musicians just get press coverage, or press coverage which people other than his own band of followers (likely to be not large) will come into contact with.

It's worked!
He is a better guitarist, plus Metallica gave Winger a whole lot of shit back in the day...

He is more than qualified to slag them off IMO.
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

But he is more of a musicians guitarist, unless you are a musician you might not know him as in your case..

Not quite appreciated by the masses like Birk Hamster.
dtkdemongene

Post by dtkdemongene »

Frehley75 wrote:Just wondered what kind of person had to resort to slagging off other musicians just get press coverage, or press coverage which people other than his own band of followers (likely to be not large) will come into contact with.

It's worked!
Someone who is qualified to do so.....& does so, as is his right.....
The fact that it's got press coverage is neither here nor there & he hasn't said anything that 99% of musicians wouldn't agree with so it's hardly controversial...
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Post by nicksmithworld »

dtkdemongene wrote:Go Reb!! :wink:
Never a truer word spoken...... and Reb has every right as he is one of the BEST guitarists around.... 8)

Reb Beach of Winger and Whitesnake fame says Metallica's Kirk Hammett is the "worst guitarist I've ever heard in my my life."

Talking to Classic Rock Revisited, Beach piles into the man who founded early thrash metal technicians Exodus before replacing Dave Mustaine in Metallica in 1983, going on to write the riff for Enter Sandman.

It's another in a series of outbursts from member of Winger, who feel they've been harshly dealt with by being called a 'hair band', when in fact they always prided themselves on fine musicianship and technical ability.

Beach says: "I don't know the guy, but I think he's one of the worst guitarists I've ever heard in my life. I've never heard a solo from that guy that was any good.

"The guy's out of tune. His vibrato sounds like a beginner. Back in the 80s he was always voted best guitar player, and I'm like, 'What? That guy is terrible!'

"I hate to say that because I might meet him some day. But if he's in Metallica I have no problem saying it because in their biggest video, Nothing Else Matters, they threw darts at a posted of Kip Winger. Then they showed it live - there were 20,000 people a night laughing at Winger.

"So I don't mind saying Kirk Hammett sucks."
I have to agree, I've always thought he was beyond awful- but he was so successful i always thought I was missing somethging- Tha fact that Joe satriani taught him threw me? Joe is Brilliant- the hamster not so much - Maybe Joe should have given him his money back saying "there's nothing I can do here"- Glad I'm not alone here. I have seen Reb with Alice and Whitesnake and he was superb in both bands so he is qualified to comment-

I have seen Metallica in 1992 with gun'n'roses and Faith no more in Washington DC - (what a line up eh?!) and I was cringing at how thin KH's guitar sound was, I couldn't delieve he sounded so crap- When Slash came on his tone was amazing, full and Rich - it was night and day. I agree about his vibrato too.

Then again Lars ulprick is shitty and 2nd rate- only Hetfield has talent in that band-

Mind you winger have taken some flak over the years - beavis and butthead too.. :D
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Ive been saying this for 20 years. Haven't I been saying it ?? I have many, many times. Just look at some of my previous post's....
But I'll say it again...
KIRK HAMMETT IS fuc*ing SHIT !!!!
He's the most over rated, dog shit, beginner of a guitarist that has ever been lucky enough to make it in the music industry. His solo's are beyond description as words to describe such rectal gas of lead guitar work don't readily spring to mind. If its true that Satch actually taught him to play with no idea as to what the fu*k it is he's actually doing then he himself deserves a giant Pat Jennings sized hand cuffing him around the side of his baldness.
An awful anus of a guitarist. On a par with CC Deville and anyone else who thinks that sounding like alkaseltzer dissolving in a glass of water can pass for guitar work.
And don't get me started on his drummer........ :lol:
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

Father Jack wrote:Ive been saying this for 20 years. Haven't I been saying it ?? I have many, many times. Just look at some of my previous post's....
But I'll say it again...
KIRK HAMMETT IS fuc*ing SHIT !!!!
He's the most over rated, dog shit, beginner of a guitarist that has ever been lucky enough to make it in the music industry. His solo's are beyond description as words to describe such rectal gas of lead guitar work don't readily spring to mind. If its true that Satch actually taught him to play with no idea as to what the fu*k it is he's actually doing then he himself deserves a giant Pat Jennings sized hand cuffing him around the side of his baldness.
An awful anus of a guitarist. On a par with CC Deville and anyone else who thinks that sounding like alkaseltzer dissolving in a glass of water can pass for guitar work.
And don't get me started on his drummer........ :lol:
Post of the month!!
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Well I am most definitely not a musician and I like him. Does the job.

dtkdemongene

Post by dtkdemongene »

Frehley75 wrote:Well I am most definitely not a musician and I like him. Does the job.
My old Nan says the same about Jedward.... :roll: :lol: :lol: