Anyone attending the Trooping of the Colour ?

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Marie
The Originals (1976)

Anyone attending the Trooping of the Colour ?

Post by Marie »

Is anyone planning on attending the Trooping of the Colour on June 12 ?
http://www.lth-hotels.com/london_events ... colour.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What a very interesting and rightfully proud event to honor, Queen Elizabeth II on her "birthday".
Have never seen it in person and sadly, have never been to London or anywhere in England or the UK - defintiely plan to some day.

The drum horses of the Household Cavalry, esp. from the Life Guards unit, are of special interest to me though since I'm a huge fancier of feathered hooved draft breeds and am still looking for just the right photos to draw from.
They are truly one of the most spectular creatures on earth - add the pricelss historical kettle drums and drummer and it makes my heart sing. :D

Since I've seen literal hundreds of photos on Google, Yahoo, Bing and Baidu, needing to see more from this year's event for just the right angles I need for the drawings.

Photos of the mounted kettle drummers saluting the Queen as they pass by is of most interest of all.

So if anyone will be attending, if you'll be snapping photos, if you would be so generous to also take some photos of the drums horses either at Buckingham Palace or the parade route and post them here, I'd be extremely grateful. :D
mrmajester
Alive II (1977)

Re: Anyone attending the Trooping of the Colour ?

Post by mrmajester »

My older brother was in The Coldstream Guards and he did many Trooping The Colour's. As a child, I went every year, until I was about 12. Took my girls a couple of years ago and it is a wonderful piece of pageantry, something we are still very good at.
Marie
The Originals (1976)

Post by Marie »

mrmajester wrote:My older brother was in The Coldstream Guards and he did many Trooping The Colour's.
Very impressive ! :D
What fantastic memories he has of it, I'm sure.
mrmajester wrote:As a child, I went every year, until I was about 12. Took my girls a couple of years ago and it is a wonderful piece of pageantry, something we are still very good at.
Absolutely - and always will be ! :D Image
mrmajester
Alive II (1977)

Post by mrmajester »

My brother embraced the whole thing and does indeed have fond memories of it. He is very much into British history and tradition, in fact the whole family are. I'm the only one who never served in the army. Oh hang on, of course I did, The Kiss Army. :D
Roger H
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Roger H »

Something a bit more important happening that day.............................. ENGLAND vs U.S.A. World Cup 2010. !!

C'MON ENGLAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

FAR MORE IMPORTANT !!! :D
Glammy Dave
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Post by Glammy Dave »

hairychin wrote:Something a bit more important happening that day.............................. ENGLAND vs U.S.A. World Cup 2010. !!

C'MON ENGLAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I`ll be trooping the color straight to my locals beer garden for wide screen England fun.
"Glams Not Dead,I`m Still Alive"
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by The Hendon Kiss Army »

Yes, much to my wifes dismay I put my England fluffy dice on the car yesterday. Looking forward to sharing all the world cup banter on here shortly.

Ona Queen reIated theme.Have to say I was very embarrassed that after seeing the French crowd give a stirring rendtion of their National anthem when asked to do so by *-) at the Bercy in 99 (I think) when it came to Wembley it was the biggest shambles going.

I am not one for pagentry and the like, but am proud to be British and one of Queen Elizabeths loyal subjects. :D
Thayer 08

Post by Thayer 08 »

It's all for the tourists.
Just play the bass you bell-end!!
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

The Hendon Kiss Army wrote:
but am proud to be British. :D
English old boy, English !!!!
You don't hear the Jocks say they're proud to be British...... or the Welsh for that matter.
Your an English man old chap and don't forget it !!! :D
There is no such country as Britain and if there were, there certainly is nothing Great about it !!
Kev

Post by Kev »

Father Jack wrote:
You don't hear the Jocks say they're proud to be British...... or the Welsh for that matter.
There is no such country as Britain and if there were, there certainly is nothing Great about it !!

:D Quality post.ENGLISH AND PROUD :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
mrmajester
Alive II (1977)

Post by mrmajester »

This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall,
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by The Hendon Kiss Army »

Father Jack wrote:
Unless any scot, welshman or Irishman wins an olympic gold then I am British like they are of course :D
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Meeting some friends from oz in london and they want to see trooping the colour :shock: :shock: I'll be trooping the colour down the boozer After thou With a pint of good old ENGLISH cider slurrpppp :lol: :lol:
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

The Hendon Kiss Army wrote: Unless any scot, welshman or Irishman wins an olympic gold then I am British like they are of course :D
Ah yes, the IOC's dastardly work. Forcing all the nations of these isles to join together under one silly name. I can see this catching on and Michel Plattini bribing FIFA to make sure England become forced to use rubbish players from Scotland ! :shock: :shock:
And besides, I can't think of any Welshman or Irishman who has won Olympic gold recently. Though athletics is something Im not that interested in. :D