New Premiership Season 2010-11

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Re: New Premiership Season 2010-11

Post by tallfruit »

too easy to blame hodgson, the man you should be blaming is benitez, despite the bad name gilette and hicks have they gave benitez a shit load of money and he wasted the lot with the exception of reina and torres(who is shit at the mo but is one of the best when on form), just look at the current squad nearly all benitez players and most of them would struggle to get in any of the top 5 teams starting 11. its benitez who's really done a number on you
Pete

Post by Pete »

tallfruit wrote:too easy to blame hodgson, the man you should be blaming is benitez, despite the bad name gilette and hicks have they gave benitez a shit load of money and he wasted the lot with the exception of reina and torres(who is shit at the mo but is one of the best when on form), just look at the current squad nearly all benitez players and most of them would struggle to get in any of the top 5 teams starting 11. its benitez who's really done a number on you

I'd have Rafa back in a heartbeat over Roy.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Not sure that is entirely true. Benitez has alot to answer for - but Liverpool as a team are underperforming in a big way at the moment. They have a team that is better than 19th in the Premiership. Hodgson has to start taking the blame for that - and more importantly, he now has owners who did not appoint him and who therefore have no real buy-in to him staying put. Methinks Liverpool have to start playing football in the next couple of games or Hodgson is a gonner.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Quite simply, Roy Hodgson is well and truly out of his depth at Liverpool Im afraid. Yes he did manage Inter, but what were they when he was there ? Mid table Seria A and nothing like the team they are today. He's fine coaching players at clubs like Fulham, Blackburn etc, teams (and no disrespect to them) who aren't expected to challenge for the major honours. Fulham did very well last season. Perhaps it would have been better for Roy to have stayed there a further year to see exactly where he really could have taken them.
Rafa fu*ked us up 100% by selling the best player the club has had since Dalglish. When Xabi Alonso was shit on the team started their nose dive into the oblivion its facing today, but the blame can't be completely laid at Rafa's feet. There are a squad of very very rich players who have constantly under performed for over a year now and with each passing week they seem more and more oblivious to how badly it is they are playing.
I can't class them as players so I'll just write their names....Lucas, Maxi, Babel, Kuyt, Poulson, Ngog & Johnson are all taking up valuable space that people with no legs could fill and still do a far better job.
Gerrard is lost.
Torres looks as though he's about to throw in the towel, Carragher is so far over the hill he's reached the other side and is calling out for his team mates in his best Emlyn Hughes voice.
The only players I actually think are trying (when given the chance) are Jovanovic, Meirelles and the Greek pikey (who Woy wanted to flog in the summer). Joe Cole must be wondering what the hell he was thinking joining LFC.
I wonder in Mr Henry has still got his receipt ???
Last edited by Father Jack on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Father Jack wrote:Quite simply, Roy Hodgson is well and truly out of his depth at Liverpool Im afraid. Yes he did manage Inter, but what were they when he was there ? Mid table Seria A and nothing like the team they are today. He's fine coaching players at clubs like Fulham, Blackburn etc, teams (and no disrespect to them) who aren't expected to challenge for the major honours. Fulham did very well last season. Perhaps it would have been better for Roy to have stayed there a further year to see exactly where he really could have taken them.
Rafa fu*ked us up 100% by selling the best player the club has had since Dalglish. When Xabi Alonso was shit on the team started their nose dive into the oblivion its facing today, but the blame can't be completely laid at Rafa's feet. There are a squad of very very rich players who have constantly under performed for over a year now and with each passing week they seem more and more oblivious to how badly it is they are playing.
I can't class them as players so I'll just write their names....Lucas, Maxi, Babel, Kuyt, Poulson, Ngog & Johnson are all taking up valuable space that people with no legs could fill and still do a far better job.
Gerrard is lost.
Torres looks as though he's about to throw in the towel, Carragher is so far over the hill he's reached the other side and is calling out for his team mates in his best Emlyn Hughes voice.
The only players I actually think are trying (when goven the chance) are Jovanovic, Meirelles and the Greek pikey (who Woy wanted to flog in the summer). Joe Cole must be wondering what the hell he was thinking joining LFC.
I wonder in Mr Henry has still got his receipt ???
AGREED Fook him off
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

I would say give him until Jan to get settled. (remember the mess Fergie created during his first year at Manure??)
However, by January & judging by the performances Ive seen so far we might be in very serious deep shit and on the verge of doing a 'Newcastle'.
There are some very talented youngsters itching to be given the opportunity to make the first team. Why won't Woy give them that chance just like Fergie did to a bunch of kids 19 years ago ?
After all, they surely can't be as clueless and pathetic as the bunch of no hopers he's got stood around like shop dummies.
crad

Post by crad »

No don't agree m8 fook him off now ,
Martin o'neil is available!!! who in my opinion is a far better manager than mr hodgson will ever be and hopefully kenny will have the ball's to guide the new owners in the right direction to appoint a new manager Roy has had long enough now .
I know we have shite players but with the right guidance we can get back where we once were,i don't think the players are gelling at all with roy's training methods.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Still. At least we've got a much more serviceable level of debt now....(this will be most useful when we're in the Championship!)
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Look at the bright side - both Leeds and Newcastle went through relagation and have at least started to get themselves back they're misguided fans assume they "belong".

And it's brought some entertainment and genuine piss yer pants humour back to football. :lol:
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
Pete

Post by Pete »

Frehley75 wrote:Look at the bright side - both Leeds and Newcastle went through relagation and have at least started to get themselves back they're misguided fans assume they "belong".

And it's brought some entertainment and genuine piss yer pants humour back to football. :lol:

Aye. And don't forget Man City getting relegated to league 1 (Old third division) a few years back. As someone one said...it's a funny old game.

Plus I have a feeling this time next year we'll all be talking about Manchester United being in the exact same situation (well maybe not 19th in the league!) as Liverpool were two weeks ago...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

I wouldn't want O'neil's despotic managerial style at Anfield. I don't think being successful at Celtic (a mid table Championship equaivalent team at best) is anything to really shout about.
Frank Rijkard is the man for the job if the board lose faith in Woy over the coming weeks. I doubt however that they will unless we actually hit bottom spot then the trap door will open up before him like a big hole in the ground !
You never know, they could give the job to Gordon Strachan. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

And as much as we'd all love to see Kenny take the job, I really don't think its a good idea. He's a legend and I for one would like him to stay a legend.
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Don't forget Gary 'The Ginger Mourinho' Megson - he is available and has a championship track record :lol:

Joe Cole :lol: I hate to say I told you so.
crad

Post by crad »

Frank Frank Rijkaard I'd Forgotten about him now that would be interesting unproven out of Europe thou
On reading further this appears Coincidence or what !!!!!!! :D :D :D
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9109929.stm
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Yes, that IS quite a coincidence. :shock:
And Joe Cole looks completely lost at the moment. Im not sure if its a long term loss of form or he's just forgotten what it was the Chelsea saw in him a few years ago.
Still, I'd rather have him in the team ahead of Kuyt, Babel, Ngog, Lucas, Poulson, Maxi and other useless cretins that seem to be getting first team football.